10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Potential Serial Killer in Atlanta: 2 sets of human remains found in metro-Atlanta

SOURCE: https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/pol...LBDG4ZNE7IEHU/

STOCKBRIDGE, Ga. — Police are investigating the gruesome discovery of some human remains behind a busy shopping center in Henry County.

Investigators said the remains were found in a wooded area behind the shopping center along Oakwood Manor Drive in Stockbridge.

Detectives told Channel 2′s Tyisha Fernandes that the remains belong to two different people. Henry County police and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are now trying to identify who the remains belong to.

Police told Channel 2′s Mark Winne they aren’t ruling out a possible serial killer in this case.

“So far you’ve got human remains of at least two victims, right?” Winne asked. “That’s correct,” said Henry County police Captain Randy Lee. “We are investigating leads that we have of additional potential victims that may be out there.”

“Are you talking then, about a potential serial killer?” Winne asked.

“We’re not ruling anything out. We’re taking this investigation where it leads us,” Lee said.

On top of this... 5 days ago this happened:

Woman and her dog are fatally stabbed in Atlanta park, FBI investigating
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-dog-...ry?id=79187967

A woman and her dog were brutally stabbed to death early Wednesday at Atlanta’s Piedmont Park in what police described as a “gruesome” scene.

Katherine Janness, 40, was found dead at the park around 1 a.m., along with her slain dog Bowie. Police said that Janness had been stabbed multiple times.

Janess’ parter of seven years Emma Clark said that Janness went to walk Bowie after dinner but never returned, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. When she didn't come home, Clark tracked her phone's location and went to the park, where she discovered her girlfriend dead.

The FBI confirmed with ABC News it is now joining the Atlanta Police Department’s investigation into her death, So far, no arrests have been made in the case.

Police have shared a surveillance image showing Janness crossing a street near the park before she was found dead.

On Thursday more than 100 people attended a vigil for Janness at the park, where her partner’s father described the killer as a “monster.”

I live in Atlanta and my first thought when I became aware of this a couple of days ago was to go to Twitter and certain local community social pages for Atlanta and surrounding areas.

Information I have gathered from people who live in the area (some who claim to have "in the know" information but can't be verified) is that:

1.) a supposed "marking" was found on the body of the women murdered in the park <--- (EDIT: Debunked by official Atlanta Police Department statement)
    2.) a previous murder in Stone Mountain, GA has been linked to the murder in the park
    3.) the women killed in the park was cut/sliced from her groin up to her neck, Jack the Ripper-esque style

I am not sure if anybody else active on this website lives in or around Atlanta, GA. By the off chance you do and haven't yet been made aware of this... please be careful.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's scary.

But at the same time, serial killers can operate almost with impunity in larger metropolitan areas, if they are relatively smart about their actions and follow up.

Is there anything linking them beyond media speculation though? It doesn't look like we know any real details about on of them only that they occured less then a week apart. There is a good chance they are unrelated.

need far more evidence linking the crimes before you can talk of a serial killer there mcnulty

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    To me, two bodies being found together suggests a double homicide more than than a serial killer. Serial killers tend to plan things out more and not just dump a pair of bodies behind a mall. That's more indicative of someone in a panicked state trying to cover up what they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meanwhile, in another timeline, people freak out at a woman for calling the police when approached by a man acting aggressively while walking her dog alone in a park.
    You mean the woman that lied about the black man threatening her when he asked her to leash her dog?

Bad take

You mean the guy that - by his own account of the situation - was acting really weird towards a woman alone in a park? He didn't just "ask her to leash the dog".

Yeah.
    You mean that woman that, by her own account, “I reacted emotionally and made false assumptions about his intentions when, in fact, I was the one who was acting inappropriately by not having my dog on a leash,” Ms. Cooper said in the statement.

The woman that was then charged with making a false statement to police?

Yeah.

Yes, because the world had decided to destroy her over it, and she had to pretend to be in the wrong.

The fact is that - before the recording starting - the guy told her "...I'm going to do what I want, and you're not going to like it." and then tried to lure her dog from her with food. That's HIS account of the event.

That's fucking weird. I'm not even a woman, and that would creep me out.
    She was in the wrong. Her dog was off-leash. If she had been following the law...he would have had no reason to approach her.

"being creeped out" is not reason to call the cops and say "An African-American man is threatening my life"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because the world had decided to destroy her over it, and she had to pretend to be in the wrong.

The fact is that - before the recording starting - the guy told her "...I'm going to do what I want, and you're not going to like it." and then tried to lure her dog from her with food. That's HIS account of the event.

That's fucking weird. I'm not even a woman, and that would creep me out.

Where is your proof of this?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, he posted about it on his social media (which was since removed, so I can't link directly to it, but the interviews reference it) and news outlets reported on it.
    You can just say you don't have evidence, bruh.

Imagine still carrying a chip on your shoulder about this to the point of inserting it into an entirely unrelated thread. Nice derail, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Where is your proof of this?
    It's actually his own account

Though it's being taken out of context

https://nypost.com/2020/05/26/christ...video-footage/

Christian Cooper — a Harvard University grad, former Marvel Comics editor and a current member of the board of directors for the New York City chapter of the Audubon Society, according to reports and the nature organization — wrote on Facebook on Monday:

“Central Park this morning: This woman’s dog is tearing through the plantings in the Ramble.

“ME: Ma’am, dogs in the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there.

“HER: The dog runs are closed. He needs his exercise.

“ME: All you have to do is take him to the other side of the drive, outside the Ramble, and you can let him run off leash all you want.

“HER: It’s too dangerous.

“ME: Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.

“HER: What’s that?

“ME (to the dog): Come here, puppy!

“HER: He won’t come to you.

Things just went from bad to worse for Central Park 'Karen'

“ME: We’ll see about that…” before adding, “I pull out the dog treats I carry for just for such intransigence. I didn’t even get a chance to toss any treats to the pooch before Karen scrambled to grab the dog.

“HER: DON’T YOU TOUCH MY DOG!!!!!

“That’s when I started video recording with my iPhone, and when her inner Karen fully emerged and took a dark turn..

-then posted vid”

“Karen” refers to the social-media term for white women who call the cops on black people over harmless incidents.

Christian later explained that he pulls the dog-treat ploy on owner scofflaws hoping they’ll leash their pooches to restrain them from taking the goodies, thus getting them to comply with the rule. The Central Park dog-walker, investment banker Amy Cooper, has said she freaked out partly because she was afraid what was in the treats.

Amy was caught on the footage threatening to call the cops on Christian, to which he replied, “Please call the cops.”

Amy screamed back, “I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life!” — a claim that has drawn widespread outrage for what critics, including Mayor Bill de Blasio, call its blatant racist undertone.

Christian responded, “Please tell them anything you like.”

Amy proceeded to call 911 and report that an “African American man” was “threatening me and my dog.”

5+ Year Old Account
    Cease derailing. Slow responses don't mean change the entire topic of the thread.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."