Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    This is dependant on mostly gear, but also skill. Doing TBC heroics in 2007 =/= doing TBC heroics in 2021. People are a lot better at using skills and interrupts etc now, so the need for CC will be a lot lower than it was back in the day. Though some pulls will still be easier with proper CC use ofc.
    So you would think, but after playing Classic since release and seeing how god awful the average player is, I don't hold out much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You think that people coming from Classic will be surprised by how bad palret are in BC ?
    no, the ones coming from retail, since ret palas have been strong since wotlk

There will be CC in (HFP) dungeons for about a week, after that it will be "LFM mage+2xlock+pala tank for aoe badge farm".

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the difficulty is what people will be surprised by.

When I say difficulty I don't mean people who have practiced the content for years on private severs, or min/max the ever living shit out of the game. By difficulty, I mean those guilds who raided once a week in Classic WoW (call them dad guilds) with one button rotations.

The reality of TBC is that the difficulty is just higher. It doesn't mean it's hard, but for generic run of the mill guilds, it's not going to be the same experience as when you finally have enough people to do Molten Core in the first phase of Classic WoW. In the raiding scene you should just expect the difficulty to be around Naxxaramas and higher, and for dungeons, well, they're just harder. Again, I'm not saying it's even remotely close to retail (it's not), but for a lot of people it's going to be a step up.

Most dungeons in TBC are shorter than their Classic counterparts, and basically follow the same formula as Classic. That format is very uninteresting trash mobs packed tightly in every nook and cranny of the dungeon. The big difference is that more bosses generally have mechanics in TBC, and the trash mobs are more likely to have random ass annoying abilities thrust upon them. While not particularly difficult, the majority of the 'difficulty' of TBC dungeons is that mobs just "hurr durr hit hard" or have annoying ass knockdowns, disarm, fears, stuns and cleaves attached to a lot of them. Still better than the tuning of WoTLK dungeons where everything had mechanics but the tuning was so low that you could ignore all of it lol.

The other thing people will be surprised about is how little preparation there is outside of raids if you're coming back from Classic WoW. Flasks are way cheaper and easier to obtain, with the only other consumables you're personally responsible for being food and potions. Gone are the day of popping expensive flasks with limited availability, using every elixir available to your class, and then scouring the globe using your discord community for scheduled world buff drops only to log off your character until raid time.

the alt unfriendliness and how it's almost impossible to reroll past a point

reputations/attunements etc the grind is ridiculous, people will learn to appreciated catch-up systems a bit better after this

source: mained a shadow priest which i hated for the entire xpac because he had BT attunement, my lock wannabe main cried in the bench, never managing to kill Kael
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2021-03-05 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Hard AF raids. People mocked Classic raids but in reality AQ40/Naxx were close to impossible without world buffs. This time around we don't have world buffs so we'll see only <1% clearing Sunwell again.
    I would have mocked you, but that is not something a person should do if the person front of them is clueless. You can clear aq and naxx without world buffs. Not only you can clear it, you can clear it easy. Now they will not be speed runs like you do in darkmoon fair where everything gets insta deleted, but you can clear everything, without no bloody issue unless you are naked, in classic. Same will go for TBC.

There is a reason where no world buff logs exists in classic you know. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to believe your own lies to make yourself feel better. A game doesn't hard to be good, classic and tbc is good games, but they are not hard. Only thing that can be considered "hard" is arenas at high level at TBC, because you are against other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    I would have mocked you, but that is not something a person should do if the person front of them is clueless.
    So this response is more appropriate than mocking someone?

You’re both wrong in some regard because you’re painting with a broad brush.

More than 1% will clear the raids. Maybe a small percent will be speed running them the first/second clear. That’s ok.

A non-zero number of guilds will struggle through them. That’s ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    So this response is more appropriate than mocking someone?

You’re both wrong in some regard because you’re painting with a broad brush.

More than 1% will clear the raids. Maybe a small percent will be speed running them the first/second clear. That’s ok.

A non-zero number of guilds will struggle through them. That’s ok too.
    Something can be easy and people can still struggle in it, because not everybody skill level is the same. What he said was AQ40/NAXX was CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE. Not only that is false, that is ignorant at best. I also said that guilds with gear clears naxx/aq40 without issues in classic also, assuming they have decent gear for what they are attempting, which is also true. You don't need any world buffs to clear anything in classic.

And then I stated what is a fact, which is TBC is easy. Just because some people are mouth breathers and not able to do gruuls lair week one, doesn't makes the raid a hard raid, it means that those people are incompetent. But if we look at stats after the release of TBC, you would see a massive difference between the % of how many cleared x raid back then and now. Because back then people were, on average, much worse than todays players.

No where i said that everybody would be to clear everything, that doesn't make the content hard. Some people simply will be burnt out after a while because its repetitive, easy content. Some people would not care to raid until last pacth. But that also doesn't means that sunwell will be "hard" nor less than %1 of the raid community will clear it.

I might sound like an asshole, but people in these forums have a tendency to lie to themselves to make themselves feel better. Like thinking the content will be super hard, so when they clear it they cleared because they are "amazing". No, you cleared it because you tried it, probably gave two shits about it and probably also because it was easy content from 10 + years ago. And that is perfectly fine.

And then I stated what is a fact, which is TBC is easy.
    That would be false.

I might sound like an asshole, but people in these forums have a tendency to lie to themselves to make themselves feel better.
    AITA: “I correct people’s opinions on forums that I perceive as lies.”

Let ‘em live the lie, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Did u forget the /s ?

People will clear the raids on day 1 just as they did in classic, stop being delusional.

It depends, you have to keep in mind we literally played a nerfed Vanilla. We had mid-Naxx scaled spells and abilities so it wasn't like doing AQ40 when AQ40 first came out, BWL wasn't like doing BWL when it first came out. Naturally because the players are just stronger, the raid is going to be easier.

That said, Blizzard has basically said they're not doing raid nerfs and potentially going into fights on a by case basis to alter how the encounter worked or to fix bugs within those encounters(I think it's very likely that they fix things like being able to pull Shade of Aran out of his room and ignore all his mechanics, not that he was a difficult boss in his room, just an example). I think certain raids will be cleared day one, I think others might have issues, especially in their unnerfed state(such as TK or Sunwell).
    Last edited by Zyky; 2021-03-06 at 03:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Yes but with world buffs. Try clearing them without, I can say you not gonna happen unless you are in top 0.5% guild.

In TBC you can't cheese bosses with world buffs anymore so raids will be a real deal.
    Are you insane? Naxx is still easy without WBs.

Hard AF raids. People mocked Classic raids but in reality AQ40/Naxx were close to impossible without world buffs. This time around we don't have world buffs so we'll see only <1% clearing Sunwell again.
    Only 13 posts for the jokes to start, not bad at all.

How difficult Heroics were in regard to not being able to just round everything up and aoe it down but needing to CC stuff.

Attunements sucking ass and being a borefest (though they sucked in vanilla/classic as well)

Dragonspine Trophy being BiS until WotLK.

The awesome pvp on Quel'Danas.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe. But they're also used to walking into Hellfire, doing like 3 quests, buying flight, and then just flying everywhere.

Now they're going to have to learn how to navigate places like Zangarmarsh.
    What is there to learn though? It's just like any other zone. Tell me. What is there in Zangamarsh that is so difficult to navigate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    1. Yes, you should have leveled that Druid.

2. Yes, the classes are that simple.

3. v1 of anything sucks, Arena included.

4. Time actually just disappears in Outland.
    i can't wait to see everybody roll a hunter since you can keybind all you need to do on a hunter onto a mouse wheel scroll rofl.

attunements, probably. they were... something else in BC. how good BoP crafted gear could actualy be.. and that choosing profession specialization actualy meant something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i can't wait to see everybody roll a hunter since you can keybind all you need to do on a hunter onto a mouse wheel scroll rofl.
    I distinctly remember starting pulls with misdirect+aimed shot on my hunter after carefully setting up an ice trap and juggling cooldown on it so that I could chain cc a specific mob, so I needed to be a heck of a lot more precise then a single button rotation, but whole knows how it will actualy go in classic....

When people say "you need to use CC and these heroic mobs hit like a truck" they mean it.

People will realise they don't need to CC at all in heroics since players are used to M+

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    This is dependant on mostly gear, but also skill. Doing TBC heroics in 2007 =/= doing TBC heroics in 2021. People are a lot better at using skills and interrupts etc now, so the need for CC will be a lot lower than it was back in the day. Though some pulls will still be easier with proper CC use ofc.
    I'm not sure if you've played retail in 2021...the average player is not better at using skills and interrupts. In fact, from my experience, the average player is actually worse now.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    People will realise they don't need to CC at all in heroics since players are used to M+
    I find it odd to see this very rather odd claim the 2nd time now.

The mindset of M+ doesn't enable foregoing CC's, the game does, if your tank can't hold aggro on 3+ mobs and those mobs make quick work of any non tank, then what you're going to do? Continue to not CC?

The M+ mindset is a thing because the game allows you to, tank goes in, presses AoE ability X to keep threat, every single dps also presses AoE abilities.
    Not every tank is capable of holding AoE threat, not every dps is capable of doing AoE damage.

It's not like players magically discovered this possibility in Wotlk, they changed tanks in a way that allowed them to consistently hold threat on multiple mobs quite easily.

There are going to be some comps that can do that, but if you're stuck with the average warrior Tank or Feral, they're won't jack once a Lock starts blasting.