Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I get that everyday. It bothered me before but now I feel nothing. Sometimes I just don't feel like applying anywhere. There are some groups that eventually invite me or I just do my own keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Can you blame them when the system awards them random keys for dungeons they've no interest in?
    Other people get random keys they have no interest in as well. Then they play them and they get a different one.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Other people get random keys they have no interest in as well. Then they play them and they get a different one.
    And that's my point - players end up spending more time in lobby and on random keys they've no interest in than on the content they actually want and set out to do in the first place.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

This is an mmo, which means you are going to have to interact with other players. My suggestion would be to push your own keys, and try and make friends with tanks/healer/good dps and then invite them in the future. I main as shadow and i just do high keys with the same group of people because they know me and know that we can time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I get that everyday. It bothered me before but now I feel nothing. Sometimes I just don't feel like applying anywhere. There are some groups that eventually invite me or I just do my own keys.
    From my healer perspective of a player doing almost always others keys, it seems that ppl probably also need a lecture on how forming groups.

In theory if everyone forms his groups, everything will be smart and safe just like magic, but it’s almost never the case and runs fail miserably even with ppl that choose their own group members.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    One i can say. I tell what i see. No matter its my group or joined. 90% problem is at the start. Example last night 3 mists in a row some pulled extra packs at start instant tank left.
    That does not matter.
    "Most of the time we fail my keys", are other people somehow able to make better groups? There is no difference if you join a group or create one. Unless you tend to invite players based on "I want to invite underdogs/low rio". And that would validate people who invite only high rio/meta because that gives better completion ration than 20%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    From my healer perspective of a player doing almost always others keys, it seems that ppl probably also need a lecture on how forming groups.

In theory if everyone forms his groups, everything will be smart and safe just like magic, but it’s almost never the case and runs fail miserably even with ppl that choose their own group members.
    Ofc. If you invite two boomies and a fire mage because then can go pew pew, gl with the interrupts unless your healer is shaman and tank is paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    My favorite thing about this is when you give out information such as: Start your own key, try healing etc - it's always met with "Stop being elitist" and BS like that.

Imagine you're the controller of the key and two healers queue up: One healer has 220ilvl and 1.33k IO the other is 221ilvl and has 300 IO, let me ask you - who TF are you going to invite? If you're actually basing invites based on ilvl, it's no wonder so many people fail, people that have the IO that have worked for it should be getting the invites over people that haven't earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelTerenas View Post
    Hi all,

So I wanted to get something off my chest that has recently become a serious issue for me, making me wonder why I log on to this game anymore.

I am a decent player in a casual guild, only 9/10hc but I have a weird schedule with work or else I would be looking to raid mythic. I LOVE M+ dungeons, got 4k RIO back in BFA and had a blast.

However, recently I have been noticing I am getting less and less invites to M+ and I have spent the last Fri/Sat/Sun online spam applying to M+ groups in the hope to progress and start nailing +15's (1.2k RIO so this is the next stage for my progression).

However, after applying to probably nearly 200 M+ these last 3 days I have completely lost faith in this game. I have received 0 invites. ZERO. WTF!? Seriously wonder why I have wasted hours and hours and hours scrolling through these dungeons to go absolutely nowhere. Is this what this game has come to now? Just sit and stare at dungeons fill up in front of your eyes and just get P**SED off with it so much that you end up ALT+F4ing out for a few hours then come back and try again and again and again to finally realise that this is a joke.

Is this just me or what?? Like I have completely had enough of this. I am only applying for the next level of progression for my char (cleared all 14's and 2 15's already).... WTF do I do!?

Anybody else having this problem/anybody found a solution? ....

Cheers
    Evolution my friend. There are 2 types:

1)"I don't have money and i'm completely healthy - so I just live on a bench". Or create a thread and QQ.
    2)They don't invite me - so I create my own groups and show the world how it's done.

Personally I lead RBG groups to 2.1K - I had 0 XP and now I have 2.1K in matter of 2 months(and yes - nobody wanted me before).

And no - Guilds are not the answer anymore. Communites are and you have to add people as friends to create your own groupies(you are not the only person, who are getting rejected and who just waits for a chance).

The game is evoling and you should start pushing social boundaries(meaning getting vocal and being approachable is not optional - but a requirement).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-03-22 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

You are of course right, however dungeons shouldn't be content designed for guilds. Throughout the history of WoW, dungeons were always something that was run by pugs and only partially with guildies. You also cannot expect to be in a guild where you can just at any time find there people to do dungeons. It's not the same situation with raids where the guild has a set raid day/time. Most players just want to do dungeons whenever they feel like.
    Dungeons, in the context of "were always run by pugs", are normals, heroics, and low-level mythics. Mythic+10 and higher are competitive content, same as raids, and are designed to be completed by skilled players, which is not a pug-friendly design.

I've pugged my way through Mythic raids (well, Heroic before Mythic was a thing) and had little issue progressing... but those groups were always skilled players that were already completing the content on their other characters. Raids are perfectly puggable, as are Mythic+... but only with skilled players. It's much harder to arrange for a group of skilled players when you're doing unscheduled, quick content.

The dungeons that you're talking about are still there and still extremely pug friendly.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Dungeons, in the context of "were always run by pugs", are normals, heroics, and low-level mythics. Mythic+10 and higher are competitive content, same as raids, and are designed to be completed by skilled players, which is not a pug-friendly design.

I've pugged my way through Mythic raids (well, Heroic before Mythic was a thing) and had little issue progressing... but those groups were always skilled players that were already completing the content on their other characters. Raids are perfectly puggable, as are Mythic+... but only with skilled players. It's much harder to arrange for a group of skilled players when you're doing unscheduled, quick content.

The dungeons that you're talking about are still there and still extremely pug friendly.
    Honesty, the total mess that are 12-13 atm in pug really makes me rethink about the concept of “skill” XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    My favorite thing about this is when you give out information such as: Start your own key, try healing etc - it's always met with "Stop being elitist" and BS like that.

Imagine you're the controller of the key and two healers queue up: One healer has 220ilvl and 1.33k IO the other is 221ilvl and has 300 IO, let me ask you - who TF are you going to invite? If you're actually basing invites based on ilvl, it's no wonder so many people fail, people that have the IO that have worked for it should be getting the invites over people that haven't earned it.
    Ilvl and rio are only a part of the story. Number of timed runs in the bracket you’re in are also very important, I would take an average ilvl/rio with 30 completed runs over a 1200 rio with 5 completed runs anytime.

*jumps in randomly* And people wonder why boosting is a thing...I can make like 1-5 million gold a month in wow all depending on...various factors on the AH. A boost +15 is then only like 1-3 months of my AH play.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I agree, world of keycraft is a terrible game, you just end up spending way more time in lobby or your own random keys than actually playing the content you want and set out to do in the first place. That most players think the meta and arbitrary r.io and ilvl numbers guarantee success is just the icing on the cake.
    I do kind of wish the dungeon was seperated from the key, and each key was just a +x that could be used in any dungeon.

Then make the weekly vault be 1/4/8 different dungeons to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Most mythic raiding guilds are running M+ all the time. And everybody can join a mythic raiding guild as a social. This is by far the easiest entry to getting into a more enjoyable environment for M+.

- - - Updated - - -

The interesting thing is that TBC dungeons are very easy, hence why they are relaxing. So in Shadowlands you could just run m0 dungeons and ignore the whole M+ system. That would be similar to running TBC dungeons..
    yes we could do that, but that doesnt really give player progression at all. The game is tailored around the m+ content to upgrade your gear and get better. Sort of the whole point of a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I do kind of wish the dungeon was seperated from the key, and each key was just a +x that could be used in any dungeon.

Then make the weekly vault be 1/4/8 different dungeons to count.
    You should have a “universal key” of the level you completed your highest key in the week and gg.

If you fail the timer, NOTHING HAPPENS TO THE KEY.

I would exchange this even with the impossibility to run a key higher than your actual level unless you have all the dungeons at your actual level (ie to queue a 10 you have to have all the dungeons at 9 and you won’t then be able to queue for any 11 until you have all the dungeons at 10).

This would also lower boosters since you would have to spend a hella lot of golds instead of “only” 1,5 millions by directly buying 8 +15 with a 150 ilvl char.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-03-22 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yes we could do that, but that doesnt really give player progression at all. The game is tailored around the m+ content to upgrade your gear and get better. Sort of the whole point of a MMORPG.
    Not really. M+ is just an option. You can stop your progression wherever you want. Just because the ceiling is higher doesn't mean you have to reach for it.

Honesty, the total mess that are 12-13 atm in pug really makes me rethink about the concept of “skill” XD
    Yeah, I don't really know what happened, but it seems like it got a lot harder to find good pugs around the time that Group Finder became a thing. Making it easy for everyone to apply to runs made it more difficult to separate the good from the bad. When players had to sign up on OpenRaid, groups usually ended up being solid.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Not really. M+ is just an option. You can stop your progression wherever you want. Just because the ceiling is higher doesn't mean you have to reach for it.
    Well, we clearly see how this affects the overall playerbase. People just stop playing, cause they reach gear and progression treshold after very short time played. Running dungeons in wow now is a total different experience. Everything under m+ keys are utterly useless gear worth nothing. Every gear piece of value is within the m+ content. Either experience the joyful pug experience in m+ keys, or stop playing. Thats about it.

Its not really an option when m+ keys literally is the only way to progress your character in group content.

Everything under m+ keys are utterly useless gear worth nothing.
    Ofc, cause its easier content, working as intended.

Every gear piece of value is within the m+ content. Either experience the joyful pug experience in m+ keys, or stop playing. Thats about it.

Its not really an option when m+ keys literally is the only way to progress your character in group content.
    False, as a 10/10M raider i got more gear out of PvP and raiding than spamming m+, the only upgrades coming from m+ was the weekly vault assuming it didnt give trash gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yeah, I don't really know what happened, but it seems like it got a lot harder to find good pugs around the time that Group Finder became a thing. Making it easy for everyone to apply to runs made it more difficult to separate the good from the bad. When players had to sign up on OpenRaid, groups usually ended up being solid.
    Also, it’s probably also me being far from good but some dungeons are just a freakin nightmare.

The last two days I tried running 5 PF 12, 4 disbanded before or during first boss, one failed by 2 minutes (Stradama has maybe been nerfed but not enough and those damned tentacles should just stop oneshotting ppl, I either cure or run to avoid them and during the disease it’s a complete mess. 9 bosses on 10 relies on surviving dots on dots on dots on dots, really a poor mechanic imho).

I mean, they don’t have to be all like Mists, but PF, ToP, SD and maybe DoS are way too difficult compared to the other 4 (at least healer side). Either raise the timer or nerf packs/bosses. I can’t really even think to kill Stradama on tyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it’s probably also me being far from good but some dungeons are just a freakin nightmare.

The last two days I tried running 5 PF 12, 4 disbanded before or during first boss, one failed by 2 minutes (Stradama has maybe been nerfed but not enough and those damned tentacles should just stop oneshotting ppl, I either cure or run to avoid them and during the disease it’s a complete mess. 9 bosses on 10 relies on surviving dots on dots on dots on dots, really a poor mechanic imho).

I mean, they don’t have to be all like Mists, but PF, ToP, SD and maybe DoS are way too difficult compared to the other 4 (at least healer side). Either raise the timer or nerf packs/bosses. I can’t really even think to kill Stradama on tyr.
    Um stradamas tentacles. Man thats the point to move properly. Thet are nerfed and moving is really really easy now. Disease hurt ofc but all should use pots and cds. Good to have diseases cleaner like a priest ! With pride/BL that boss is pretty easy now. DoS is nightmare because of timer. SD is nightmare because of gauntlet. ToP is just long and platforms can literally kill whole run.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-03-23 at 07:48 AM.