Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upcoming Tank Tuning - March 30

Upcoming Tank Tuning - March 30
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Recently, players observed that Vengeance Demon Hunters seemed to be receiving up to 15% less magic damage than expected. We have investigated and found the bug causing this.

When a specialization is overperforming in raid and dungeon content, we prefer to wait to rein them in until the next major patch that brings with it all-new challenges, different gear, and other changes that shake up balance. This is because even if we’re improving overall balance, mid-tier nerfs can cause entire groups to potentially struggle with raid or dungeon content they could previously complete without issue, and this is especially true for the tank role.

However, because of the magnitude of the bug, combined with extensive feedback about the current strength of Vengeance relative to other tank classes, we feel that we need to act quickly. We therefore plan to fix this bug during scheduled weekly maintenance next week (March 30 in this region). To reduce the impact to Vengeance tanks and their groups, we plan to make an additional change to offset the bug fix. We also want to address feedback that we’ve heard about overall tank survivability in Shadowlands, especially in Mythic Keystone dungeons.

With the fix to the Vengeance Demon Hunter bug, we will increase the Vengeance Demon Hunter passive, Demonic Wards, by 5%. In most situations, Physical damage constitutes most of the damage suffered by tanks, so the result should be a manageable increase in the total damage taken by Vengeance tanks. We will also adjust all other tank specializations’ passives (such as Veteran of the Third War for Blood Death Knights) to add an effect that reduces overall damage taken by 10%. Our aim is to improve tank durability for all tanks.

We appreciate the community bringing this issue to our attention, and thank you in advance for your feedback on these changes.

The subtext here is that this tier is nowhere near over.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Go on a limb and say next tier is june august early september at the latest.

thats extremely disappointing tho it may allow my guild to get to sludge mythic

Exactly what I was thinking.

5+ Year Old Account
    Translation: No PTR in March

I'd say that I hope it would change tanking back to tanking instead of playing "Tom & Jerry" with mobs but sadly I have no doubts that we will keep kiting until the end of Shadowlands.

So I take it back. May/June release for 9.1 is definitely off the table.

And that's definitely an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I'd say that I hope it would change tanking back to tanking instead of playing "Tom & Jerry" with mobs but sadly I have no doubts that we will keep kiting until the end of Shadowlands.
    Avoiding damage > mitigating damage > soaking damage

That hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    This will only change if tanks stop being able to do a vast majority of their aoe damage while also kiting. Right now there is so little downside to doing so on certain specs that you would kite so your healer can pump dps anyways.

Fix for game breaking bug announced? Tank tuning based on community feed back? OMG 9.1 CONFIRMED FALL 2022!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are ridiculous

Act quickly?! Haha what a joke of a company.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Fix for game breaking bug announced? Tank tuning based on community feed back? OMG 9.1 CONFIRMED FALL 2022!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are ridiculous
    Speaking for myself, I’m not complaining. I’ve settled into a daily/weekly routine of chill anima farming for cosmetics, shifting focus between my “4 mains,” and I figure I have enough to do to keep me busy until 9.1.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

I was thinking more "we are dropping KSM getting easier buff on the 30th!!!" (hopefully they forget to cancel for another week and we get another months sub).

I kid I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This will only change if tanks stop being able to do a vast majority of their aoe damage while also kiting. Right now there is so little downside to doing so on certain specs that you would kite so your healer can pump dps anyways.
    I can't think of any way to make it possible while retaining tanks ability to get aggro from a group of mobs on which dps thrown huge burst instantly. The thing that would help is increasing tank damage so it would matter and party would get more from tank attacking mobs then from running away from then. Though as we know from the past Blizz is not good at balancing tank damage done and I'm afraid that'd make them too strong.

Recently, players observed that Vengeance Demon Hunters seemed to be receiving up to 15% less magic damage than expected. We have investigated and found the bug causing this.
    nerfs inc loool

We will also adjust all other tank specializations’ passives (such as Veteran of the Third War for Blood Death Knights) to add an effect that reduces overall damage taken by 10%. Our aim is to improve tank durability for all tanks.
    Wait so blizzard has finally done a balance where instead of "NERF THEM INTO THE GROUND" they are trying to get everyone to meet in the middle?!??!! holy balls, when was the last time this happened. My Brewmaster is gonna be indestructable now...

Tank passive. *Non-boss mobs lose aggro when 15 yards or more away from the primary Tank target.

There.. i fixed the problem .. you guys are pretty welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    Will this fix the Kite Meta?

lolno

15+ Year Old Account
    Tank feels like a hunter in m15.
    My heart almost stops everytime i almost ded by 80% hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Tank feels like a hunter in m15.
    My heart almost stops everytime i almost ded by 80% hits.
    At +15 with 220 you absolutely do not need to make kiting pulls to make the timer. I cba kiting below +17 and it works just fine. Pick a route that doesn't depend on making big pulls if you don't want to kite.