Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still a solid 8+.

Great raid, great dungeons, mixed feelings in regards to systems (and being so many of them).

Superb visuals, artwork and overall music and sound, as always.

Also, it's obvious that people 'rating' of an expansion (or patch) goes down over a content drought, shouldn't surprise anyone. Content was experienced, raid was cleared, and repetition isn't 'fun' or enjoyable. Make the same poll next month , or closer to 9.1 and results will be even lower. That's just how it goes.

I rate it as a 4 (bad). Mostly in regards to how they are handling Torghast. Prior in the beta I rate it as 9 with room for improvement. On launch that opinion dipped to a 7 when they made their changes to it. Now my opinion on just Torghast is a 4 with the changes they have planned.

They clearly don't understand what made it fun and why people would have wanted to do it in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    6-8 out of 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    3-4.

Same pitfalls as last expac. Useless grinds, why not just give everyone max currency? It sure would save time.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i give it a 3-4. hate the WQ, hate torgast, hate the Maw, hate M+.

made me actually enjoy classic though.
    You hate grinding, but you enjoy Classic.

:thinking

Returned a month ago (last played just before MoP) and after a month (a good portion of which was spent levelling in BfA content) I feel like I'm good, I'm finished.
    I finished what story there was. I got my covenant to 40, mostly through doing other stuff. What else is there? World quests? Does not interest me. Grinding rep? Does not interest me. Adventures? Lol no. Mythic dungeons? Nah, I've done them a few times normal and heroic, and have no interest running them over and over again.
    Raiding? That WOULD interest me, but that's like one day, once a week. (Yes, I do them on easy-mode and I have no interest in running the same content but harder. That's not more content. Also I cannot allocate more time to the game as high-end raiding would require.)
    PvP never interested me. And I don't want to ever set foor into The Maw if I can choose. I would enjoy more Torghast if it was better and if upgrades could be got through Torghast and not The Maw. I like roguelike stuff. (But I miss having completely OP and sometimes faceroll builds RNG sometimes gives you in such games.) Also, to access higher layers you still need to gear up from somewhere else. And you won't get il195+ thru lfr.
    I think what I will do is do the raid once a week while I level some alts, not for the sake of having alts, but to experience expansions I missed. Like one in Draenor, one in Legion, etc., through Chromie-time. Maybe when I'm done with that 9.2 will have come out. So, like, not actually be playing Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Laxativus; 2021-05-11 at 12:33 PM.

Requiring us to regrind and repurchase all of our legendaries is the final nail in the coffin for Shadowlands. Officially the worst expansion in the history of the game now. Worse than WoD by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Requiring us to regrind and repurchase all of our legendaries is the final nail in the coffin for Shadowlands. Officially the worst expansion in the history of the game now. Worse than WoD by a mile.
    What class are you playing that you need to repurchase every single legendary? Or did you get banned? Sounds more like you got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What class are you playing that you need to repurchase every single legendary? Or did you get banned? Sounds more like you got banned.
    Banned? What does that have to do with anything? I guess if you can't successfully attack the argument, attack the person?

I have a single target and aoe legendary for each of my specs. I'm not doing months of work and spending hundreds of thousands of gold all over again. I've got better things to do than get all stockholm syndromed up like some people.

what an absolute terrible excuse of a game. somehow lost me faster than BFA did. They tried to get away with making something so bad twice in a row. Nah pass im good.

As bad as SL can be...

WoD is far worse, simply because they made 1 mediocre content patch alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... WoD wasn't even the worst before this. BfA was easily, far and away, inarguably the worst. There wasn't a single goddamn positive thing to say about BfA.

SL is bad, but it's not BfA bad. It might be WoD bad... but honestly WoD was okay for raiders. It just had absolutely nothing else going on. Log in 10 mins a day to make 10-15k gold, log in once a week to raid. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I mean... WoD wasn't even the worst before this. BfA was easily, far and away, inarguably the worst. There wasn't a single goddamn positive thing to say about BfA.

SL is bad, but it's not BfA bad. It might be WoD bad... but honestly WoD was okay for raiders. It just had absolutely nothing else going on. Log in 10 mins a day to make 10-15k gold, log in once a week to raid. Done.
    Nah dude, WoD was pretty bad for non raiders but it wasn't fundamentally flawed. BfA was goddamn good expansion until they went with corruption (8.2 was probably the best patch wow ever had). And SL is so bad that makes even WoD shine like a diamond.

Literally every single friend I had quit SL in like a month - both casual and more hardcore ones. Something like this did not ever happen before. Not even in WoD.
    There is no comparison here. I completely forgot about WoW in SL. Literally cured my addiction.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

7+ Year Old Account
    Still better than BfA in gameplay, better than bfa and legion in lore.

Overall Bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    (8.2 was probably the best patch wow ever had)
    I think essences are arguably the worst borrowed power system we've had to this point. Forcing long grinds in content you don't want to do is egregiously bad design.

Not to mention Nazjatar pre-flying was *awful*, mechagon pre-and-post-flying was *awful*, and Eternal Palace was a fairly bad raid. 8.2 was pretty indefensible.

Oh, and the 8.2 M+ seasonal affix was by far the worst affix we've ever had, and it's not close.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2021-06-24 at 03:21 AM.

I think essences are arguably the worst borrowed power system we've had to this point. Forcing long grinds in content you don't want to do is egregiously bad design.

Not to mention Nazjatar pre-flying was *awful*, mechagon pre-and-post-flying was *awful*, and Eternal Palace was a fairly bad raid. 8.2 was pretty indefensible.

Oh, and the 8.2 M+ seasonal affix was by far the worst affix we've ever had, and it's not close.
    Not even close. Worst borrowed power was legion artifacts in both actual power and in how much they crippled classes.
    Essences were simple deterministic additional trinkets that everyone could get. Nothing more nothing less.

Nazjatar and Mechagon no matter if pre or post flying were both goddamn good. Mechagon was absolutely the best outdoor zone this game ever had. And the dungeon especially on hard mode was again- one of the best dungeons ever done.

I can give you that seasonal affix wasn't good but the entire affix system is bad in first place.

Now comparing Mechagon to Maw, oh god... so much fun has been lost.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Not even close. Worst borrowed power was legion artifacts in both actual power and in how much they crippled classes.
    Essences were simple deterministic additional trinkets that everyone could get. Nothing more nothing less.

Nazjatar and Mechagon no matter if pre or post flying were both goddamn good. Mechagon was absolutely the best outdoor zone this game ever had. And the dungeon especially on hard mode was again- one of the best dungeons ever done.

I can give you that seasonal affix wasn't good but the entire affix system is bad in first place.

Now comparing Mechagon to Maw, oh god... so much fun has been lost.
    I will admit that the Maw is worse than Mechagon, but only because the Maw is just as bad design-wise, but is mandatory content. Mechagon had no power gains after you got flying (which SUCKED).

You and I see the game very differently. Grinding reps in 8.2 zones was among the least fun things I've ever done in WoW. Just absolutely pointless drivel that made me want to die. Time wasting: the patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    except you dont... you can literally just craft a new rank 5 one like you were going to need to anyways, god fucking wowhead shits themselves with fuckwitt articles sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I will admit that the Maw is worse than Mechagon, but only because the Maw is just as bad design-wise, but is mandatory content. Mechagon had no power gains after you got flying (which SUCKED).

You and I see the game very differently. Grinding reps in 8.2 zones was among the least fun things I've ever done in WoW. Just absolutely pointless drivel that made me want to die. Time wasting: the patch.
    This game and actually other games are designed to waste time.

Maw is not only worse than mechagon, its probably the worst zone ever created. And its ok it had no power gains, what mattered is that it was plenty of fun.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

7+ Year Old Account
    Banned? What does that have to do with anything? I guess if you can't successfully attack the argument, attack the person?

I have a single target and aoe legendary for each of my specs. I'm not doing months of work and spending hundreds of thousands of gold all over again. I've got better things to do than get all stockholm syndromed up like some people.
    craft them at rank 5... you would have needed to upgrade them to rank 5, the ONLY new thing is you need to get soul ash, which is MCUH easier now, literally nothing has changed for you dude. you dont need to "recraft" your legendaries at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content