Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    So, I can still get 30 days game time using a token from the AH then? Because now it's doesn't matter how many you get with the discount not being available.
    Wow looks like they are actually leaving the token alone. i am shocked.

Speaking of the token since news broke its gone from 129k to 145k. I was close to buying one as well.....sighhhhh
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2021-03-25 at 11:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    So, I can still get 30 days game time using a token from the AH then? Because now it's doesn't matter how many you get with the discount not being available.

edit. just read on wowhead that the token from the ah still offers 30 days, cool beans, this game doesn't deserve much more than that.
    yes you can, you can use your token and get 30 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No you will need two tokens if you intend to buy game time with them.

"Game Time is only available as a purchase of 60 Days."

Only way to get around it, is by subbing and then cancelling which is just awkward and unneeded and they are hoping to earn more money off of peoples laziness by not stopping the auto renew.
    no you are literally 10000000% wrong
    when you buy a token from the AH you can right click it and consume it to gain a month of wow sub, or 15$ of Balance, yes if you make it into balance you will need 2, but you can still use ONE to get ONE month

do some fucking research for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

i guess felplague gets 10cents for every message for blizzard

you have to have completly nothing else to do to protect b. for this shit for 5 hours straight

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    i guess felplague gets 10cents for every message for blizzard

you have to have completly nothing else to do to protect b. for this shit for 5 hours straight
    More likely 5 Cents back when Bobby was doing his trimming.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ok what about younger people?

Should I tell my 14 year old cousin he needs a paypal or credit card to be able to play a game in 2021? Shit is fucked. Anyone defending this is bonkers
    No you should tell your 14 year old cousin to ask their fucking parents because they're still a minor

I've had a sub so long (and paid for it with tokens for quite awhile) so I didn't even realize they still had game time options. Is this increasing the price for those that opted for that, or is this just making it so you have to buy two months instead of one?

I'll continue to do what I've always done (and what most people do) - they really should have explained this better so people that have subs didn't start freaking out (as they have been doing in these comments).

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    So, no more 30 day plans?
    This is rather bad for consumers who want to get back into the game on new patch/expansion laaunches for a couple of weeks.
    Yes, this is exactly the reason why they are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No you should tell your 14 year old cousin to ask their fucking parents because they're still a minor
    His parents dont allow credit card use on video games because they saw all the articles about lootboxes and kids ticking up exorbitant fees because of pretty much no oversight or regulation.

Such a shame little billy wont be able to raid CN and all its challenges. And experience the amazing depths of torghast. Or the sense of adventure found in the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take away the 30 day option so returning players will become more invested and continue subscribing whilst simultaneously removing the option for a discounted subscription for those who sign up for 6 months. They only just recently increased the price as well. I guess they need to make Bob's $200 million back somewhere...

did they take away your ability to comprehend the English language as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    So, no more 30 day plans?
    This is rather bad for consumers who want to get back into the game on new patch/expansion laaunches for a couple of weeks.
    What I usually do is I sub with a 1-month recurring plan and then cancel my sub again so I only pay for that single month. This seems to be still working.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just sounds like a very flimsy excuse to make a few extra bucks on forgetful people who only want to play for a month. Instead of just buying a month and having that be the end of it, you have to remember to cancel the subscription before it automatically renews.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but I think it's important to appreciate the fact that this is a change made to make Blizzard more money, with literally no benefits for the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again you dont understand what is going on, please read the post, you can still sub 30/90/180 no problem.
    i get that we can still sign up for a RECURRING sub (both things are subs, one is recurring, one isn't. a sub is a sub.) but they have made it so either the person who doesn't want to do recurring subs has to sign up for 2 months at a time which requires a bigger initial investment or they need to jump through hoops by having to sign up for a recurring sub, let it process, and then cancel the auto renewal. this is an inconvenience targeted at peoples laziness and forgetfulness. it's a thoroughly anti-consumer move designed to try and milk money.

Trash company. I wish Blizzard left old WoW alone and I could play private server outside of their ecosystem.

who asked for this?

This is pretty shitty.. my girlfriend buys 30days of gametime once in a while (or i buy it for her) to play with me, and only plays like half of that time. She is just to busy with other stuff or not able to spend more money on it. Getting a sub would be a super big waste for her and she is in no bank-way able to even getting a sub going. Not happy with this change, if she buys this one she will most likely play like 20 days of it if lucky.. And i doubt the botters will magically disappear with this change.
    Last edited by Winoralu; 2021-03-26 at 01:42 AM.

Man, this is straight garbage. I have always bought my sub with the 30 days of game time. They already hide the option way deep in the store menu as it is, plus I don't know how many times I have gifted people game time. Guess I won't be doing that anymore.

"Just sub for 30 days then immediately cancel" yeah let's make it even more convoluted and difficult for no fucking reason. I don't have any of my bills on auto-pay, wow included. Never know what might have to get cut or moved around, regardless of finances.

This is a pointless change that will simply make it more inconvenient for me to pay for my sub, as well as two others in my household. Perhaps too inconvenient for me to even bother anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Doing my part.
    Do better.

Subscription doesn't matter. It's about the non-recurring options being removed and the new one having a higher price.

Plenty of players use the non-recurring options for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well no you still shell out 15$ a month...

- - - Updated - - -

well if people are forgetful, they can unsub the second they sub so they arnt billed next month, or refund if they forgot to, and notice the charge.
    But have to buy 2 of them at once... which equals...

So instead I can basically just buy a 30 day sub, then cancel immediately for the same exact price?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    But have to buy 2 of them at once... which equals...
    30$
    but still 15$ a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content