Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    Well it definitely won't be the longest content drought. End of expansions content droughts last about 1 year if not more and 9.1 won't take that long. It will however be a massive content drought, for a mid-tier patch.

Eliot Lefebvre at MassivelyOp:

We are currently in the middle of the longest immediately-post-launch content drought in the game’s history. Since the Shadowlands launch, we haven’t yet had the first content patch for the expansion, and as has been mentioned prior it’d be a minor miracle if the patch arrived before May. (June is more likely.)
    https://massivelyop.com/2021/03/26/w...n-shadowlands/
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Ah yes, Bellular and MassivelyOP, the two most respectable forms of finding unbiased information on WoW on the internet.

Let us happily ignore the fact that Bellular, prior to Shadowlands release when everyone was theorizing what came next, literally had one of his art guys create false assets, and parade them around as the real deal to push that ridiculous false-Shadowlands expansion narrative (you know, the one that ended with the Siege of Stormwind, and then we all die and Sylvanas said now we're ready to fight the void lords, or some such nonsense).

Or MassivelyOP, the website that has, for years, taken every chance they could to shit on WoW in every capacity, while simutaneously praising XIV for doing *literally* the exact same thing that they aforementioned shit on WoW about. Let's ignore also the fact that they're not even accurate with their reporiting (which is, as usual, unsurprising since the website is one of the absolute worst sources of gaming "Journalism" I've ever read). Shadowlands came out on November 23rd, it is now March 28th. Ignoring 9.0.5 is "not content", even though the 0.5 patches are basically the in-between mini content patches now, it's only been four months since the expansion launched.

Wrath took five months for our first new piece of content to launch after an expansion. Cataclysm took four for us to get the revamped Trollroics, and six for a new raid tier. While Mists gave us a new content patch in only two months, it only added a few small additions, and would be equivailent to a modern day 0.5 patch. It would be an additional six months after the launch before we got the first major patch of the expansion. WoD took seven months to get it's *only* content update (discounting the Selfie Patch, and no one counts thats as a content patch, not even Blizzard).

Legion and BfA were the only two times where we actually recieved a major content update within a quick time span after the expansion's launch. Legion gave us a fairly hefty new patch with a new raid and the Karazhan mega dungeon in two months time, and BfA gave us our first new raid tier and content patch in four months time.

So, to reiterate all of this - we're four months into Shadowlands. We've missed the window for a major content update like Legion and BfA did after their launch, but we're still on track to get a major content patch with a new raid with pretty much every other expansion. And while yes, we likely are going to probably pass Wrath's five month "Drought" before we get there, the idea that MassivelyOP is stating we are "Currently" in the longest post-expansion patch drought is factually incorrect.

But, you know, it's massivelyOP. I wouldn't actually expect them to fact check or do any real research when it comes to reporting on WoW. That doesn't bring in clicks to their rabid fanbase of readers who hate everything mainstram and popular (except Final Fantasy XIV apparently).

Moral of the story: Following "news" from incredibly biased sources that peddle hatemongering generally isn't the smartest choice you can make.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Following "news" from incredibly biased sources that peddle hatemongering generally isn't the smartest choice you can make.
    Neither is believing that blizzard has their shit together

Oh, now Massivelyop is bad as well because they’re pointing out inconvenient facts about 9.1, I see. Who’s next to be burnt at the stake? Bellular is there, Massivelyop is there, who comes next? Asmon? Preach? Towellie?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Asmon is absolutely hot fucking garbage and has been for a very long time tho
    I agree. I don’t like Bellular either. But just because you don’t like or hate someone that person still can have some fair points and an opinion that’s worth to be heard (if it’s based on good arguments).

Take a look at Bellulars latest video
    A money driven midwit clickbait YouTuber
    How about I dont

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    because it isn't
    doing exact same dungeon vs exact same boss with exact same voice lines with exact same music but he has some extra hp doesn't qualify it as new content
    new content is an entire new dungeon, not same dungeon with extra dmg
    You're not the arbiter of what's considered "new content" or not, though.

And some people do consider extra difficulty modes to be actual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Yeah, no. A change in difficulty is not new content no matter how hard you want your point to be correct on an online forum.
    Last edited by Saltii; 2021-03-28 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    Not sure why you said incoming, dude we been in this Droght for atleast 2 months.
    This is so true, yes. I feel completely starved for some new content for a whole while now

Yeah, no. A change in difficulty is not new content no matter how hard you want your point to be correct on an online forum.
    If the bosses have a lot of new mechanics and new phases I’d say it’s new content.

Look at Elder Scrolls Online, lots of dungeons there have a normal mode and a hard mode were it‘s the same dungeon but with different or additional bosses.

So mythic is new content, but LFR-Heroic really isn’t. That’s just the same stuff with where you increase the sliders on damage and HP, like in Mythic+.

Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    People got what they wanted, less systems, less grinding, now they have the "less content" they wanted and are still mad.

Log in, raid log, and log off for PVE... Its AWESOME <-0--- this is what I do...

Log in, PVP for hours to grind to max, if you enjoy PVP <------ PVP'ers love it right now, best expansion in years.

Otherwise, stop crying you got what you wanted.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    less systems.
    Now this is funny
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Are you serious? Casuals have been possibly the most outspoken about the lack of content. Your comment makes no sense!
    They were not. Reason why current content driught exist is becouse Blizzard listented to casual audience with all the covinience, easy mods, and acessability. You have exactly what you asked for so dont complain you have nothing to do.

People got what they wanted, less systems, less grinding, now they have the "less content" they wanted and are still mad.

Log in, raid log, and log off for PVE... Its AWESOME <-0--- this is what I do...

Log in, PVP for hours to grind to max, if you enjoy PVP <------ PVP'ers love it right now, best expansion in years.

Otherwise, stop crying you got what you wanted.
    I'm not sure we are playing the same game my dude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    They were not. Reason why current content driught exist is becouse Blizzard listented to casual audience with all the covinience, easy mods, and acessability. You have exactly what you asked for so dont complain you have nothing to do.
    Yeah, I didn't ask for this. Thanks for commenting though!

now they have the "less content" they wanted and are still mad.
    Putting everything behind anima was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad choice from blizzard. Pets, mounts, transmog, toys? ANIMA! Sanctum upgrades with expanding gameplay features? ANIMA!

There is content somewhere behind this huge anima grind wall. But not many are up to farm it out, because it is not THAT good.
    Remember how in mop they put shado pan behind golden lotus rep? That was a HUGE mistake they later said they learned from. Seems like forcing people to even be able to ACCESS content (that is not even player power) is a no go for many.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-03-28 at 04:34 PM.

I'll repeat to you the exact same thing I said to him:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

I consider Mythic difficulty to be additional content. My best times in WoW were progressing/killing mythic bosses. It's the only thing that kept me hooked to WoD.

That being said, I think Bellular's video does have some weight to it. Maybe we won't have to wait till August, but it doesn't take a a genius to notice something is off. 9.1 is definitely going to take a lot longer to release than most people would like.

Different difficulties of the same content is not more content BUT I will say that anyone who does the lower difficulty stuff and clears it fast because it's faceroll easy, to then go on the forums and complain.. those people are the problem, not the game.

As a mythic raider who appreciates the slower tempo of progressing a raid over a few months and the satisfaction of a boss finally falling over after 100-200 pulls (or more) I absolutely loathe the LFR/normal player who wants patches every 2-3 weeks. If anyone sets their bar low and plays the game on easymode they shouldn't complain they run out of things to do after a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So mythic is new content, but LFR-Heroic really isn’t. That’s just the same stuff with where you increase the sliders on damage and HP, like in Mythic+.
    So you never noticed that the Journal actually has a special marker for HC mechanics that don't show up in LFR or Normal?

Besides, even simple scaling can lead to requiring a different approach to things.