Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I dont think NBC will risk trying that again for a while.
    Fool me once, shame on you. (Megyn Kelly)

Fool me...you can't get fooled again. (Ronna McDaniel)

Never, ever, ever underestimate the overconfident stupidity of executives.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you. (Megyn Kelly)

Fool me...you can't get fooled again. (Ronna McDaniel)

I mean, they calculated that bringing in Fox hosts would bring in more viewers.
    They're just that keen in math, however

Comcast is owned by conservatives. They’re not above showing some liberal infotainment so they can keep spending money on conservative politicians and conservative lobbyists.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/16/media...tic-settlement

Voting technology company Smartmatic and the far-right network One America News said Tuesday that they had settled a defamation lawsuit stemming from the outlet’s lies about the 2020 election.

“The case has been resolved pursuant to a confidential agreement,” OAN attorney Chip Babcock told CNN.

Both parties declined to share details about the settlement.
    Damn, someone's gonna have to leak the details on this at some point.

OAN has established itself as perhaps the most extreme of the pro-Trump cable news outlets. And its reporters have sometimes crossed the line into right-wing politicking.

The little-watched network has regularly given airtime to baseless conspiracy theories that support Trump, most prominently about the 2020 election.

The channel worked closely with Russian operatives on a propaganda-style documentary during Trump’s first impeachment in 2019 over allegations he pressured Ukraine to investigate his political rivals. One of its correspondents, who is also an attorney, even worked with Trump’s legal team to subvert the 2020 election results.

OAN settled a defamation suit in September with former Dominion executive Eric Coomer, whose case revealed how the network worked with former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell and others to lie about the election.
    Fuckin losers.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/16/media...tic-settlement

Damn, someone's gonna have to leak the details on this at some point.

Fuckin losers.
    I don't know why these companies accept these settlements when they could easily win far more and straight up destroy these fake news channels.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I don't know why these companies accept these settlements when they could easily win far more and straight up destroy these fake news channels.
    You think they got a "fair" settlement? They probably got a shitload, without the time and money sink of a trial.
    They made an example of Fox.
    "Settle for how much WE want, or we'll beastfuck you too sunshine."

I would staple their dicks to the wall.
    I also am not beholden to share holders for more money faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Because that's not their goal and they don't realistically benefit from that. Voting machine companies aren't gonna save our democracy or protect us from literal fake news, and we shouldn't be expecting them to.

They sued because they felt they were defamed by a company, in this case a news outlet, and their interests are in restitution and preventing continued defamation. The latter was already accomplished with the lawsuit (largely), and now they're getting the former.

It's absolutely in the interest of the suing company to settle out of court and get guarantees/a payday without having to go through the very expensive and time consuming trial process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so sure about that one. Litigation is stupidly expensive, and time-consuming. Vast majority of cases end up being settlements for that reason. They probably got a good deal for it, though.

It's just business, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?