Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Stop trying to put your political agendas into our/my game."
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't be catering to the exceptionally small minority. Gnomes are the least played race as well as goblins. Each race does NOT have a variant. Worgen, pandaren, goblins, and forsaken have no variant. What was Blizzard supposed to do? Not create a race that is just a super unpopular race with robot parts slapped on it.
    Mecha-tauren?

Blizzard shouldn't be catering to the exceptionally small minority. Gnomes are the least played race as well as goblins. Each race does NOT have a variant. Worgen, pandaren, goblins, and forsaken have no variant. What was Blizzard supposed to do? Not create a race that is just a super unpopular race with robot parts slapped on it.
    Every allied race we have gotten so far has been a variant of some kind. Even vulpera is a variant to a degree. Just not in as much of a direct fashion. What exactly do you suggest we get instead? Because if blizzard was going for variants as allied races, they had very little other options besides mechagnomes. Worgen Pandaren and Forsaken just didn't get any kind of AR yet.

Except it's not wrong. you obviously don't know what pay to win means. People are literally paying $60 for an immediate boost in power, which is 100% a form of pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Boosting straight to max level of the previous expansion and jumping right into the new expansion is textbook pay to win. You are paying for character power through the game, which gives you an advantage over people who play the game and can't afford the level boost. P2W isn't just items. P2W is when you use real money to gain an advantage on players that's aren't dropping that $60. I'm starting to think a lot of people either don't know what P2W is or they will defend WoW no matter how god awful the game has become.
    It gives you zero advantage. Boosted characters have several disadvantages as well.

You can make any point you like if you aren't constrained by facts. Pay to win requires the advantage to only come from the shop. It doesn't, so it's not pay to win. Stop trying to change the definitions of terms to win an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    It gives you zero advantage. Boosted characters have several disadvantages as well.

You can make any point you like if you aren't constrained by facts. Pay to win requires the advantage to only come from the shop. It doesn't, so it's not pay to win. Stop trying to change the definitions of terms to win an argument.
    If you really can't see how boosting a character isn't an advantage despite several people explaining how it is an advantage then I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Aren't you the person runs the Sethrak community? I am not surprised you would think this. The Sethrak community have been spreading so much hate about mechagnomes its sickening. They are the rightful gnome AR. And given how toxic these people have been to mechagnome fans(and yes they do exist), I don't think think that community deserving of having that allied race request honored because of this incessant toxicity surrounding mechagnomes. Most of the hatred around mechagnomes is really just stemming from this group and people who wanted something else.
    Bro the thought of there being an underground sethrak community who actively hates on mechagnomes, has me absolutely dying lol. Some sort of secret beef I'd never know about. I love it

Every allied race we have gotten so far has been a variant of some kind. Even vulpera is a variant to a degree. Just not in as much of a direct fashion. What exactly do you suggest we get instead? Because if blizzard was going for variants as allied races, they had very little other options besides mechagnomes. Worgen Pandaren and Forsaken just didn't get any kind of AR yet.
    I'd prefer we got something unique instead of a reskin of the most unpopular race in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Mecha-tauren?

Ok I don't like tauren but that's hype as fuck and I'd play one.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Source: The fact that the fucking boosting communities openly advertise their RMT boosting costs and you'd have to be functionally disabled to see the same service being offered at a fraction of the cost and decide to buy it with WoW tokens anyway. There's also the fact that WoW tokens can take hours to show up so to buy millions of gold you'd literally have to buy tokens non stop for more than a week straight. Nobody's doing this. Or if they are, like I said, twice now, they're not very bright.
    In other words, your source isn't verifiable. Keep pulling stuff out of your rear, now I know how "worthy" your statements are.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

"People keep repeating that the current state of the game is shite, which means the game is not shite"
    "Ion is the current game director of wow, but he should not take any responsibilities for the game's failings"

Fucking fanboys here I swear
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2021-03-31 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    In other words, your source isn't verifiable. Keep pulling stuff out of your rear, now I know how "worthy" your statements are.
    Care to respond to anything I said instead of things I didn't?
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-03-31 at 02:04 PM.

That WoW needs to provide enough fresh content to keep everyone entertained for 50 hours per week.

If you really can't see how boosting a character isn't an advantage despite several people explaining how it is an advantage then I don't know what to tell you.
    There has never been a point in any video game where you couldn't pay someone to play it for you. That is what a character boost is. It doesn't give you any actual advantage in game. It's just paying someone else to level for you. I'm sorry if you hate the video game so much you think not having to play it is an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    There has never been a point in any video game where you couldn't pay someone to play it for you. That is what a character boost is. It doesn't give you any actual advantage in game. It's just paying someone else to level for you. I'm sorry if you hate the video game so much you think not having to play it is an advantage.
    Nice false equivalence. I'm not talking about someone leveling for you. Blizzard allows you to drop $60 and immediately level your character to high enough to enter the current expansion. That's a pretty big advantage over someone who isn't throwing money at Blizzard because they have to spend hours getting their character to that level. So what you said is utterly irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always ran with the definition of p2w being any advantage one can obtain by paying for it, where there exists no alternative through gameplay. That last part being the most important. If the only method to max level was buying it, I'd consider that p2w, but since there exists alternatives, the "win" condition isn't solely "My Wallet".

The 1Heads who cries about getting forced to do X in a game

How is that an advantage? Leveling is nothing of any importance in wow. Everything you do in the game that has any power progression or really any real repeatable content of interest is in endgame.
    No one just stops leveling an think: " Thank god i am finally level 40 and i can start my endgame!"

It is maybe pay to skip. And what you skip is boring content. In BCC you don't even get to max level of the previous content with the boost.

I'd prefer we got something unique instead of a reskin of the most unpopular race in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I don't like tauren but that's hype as fuck and I'd play one.
    So you want blizzard screw over a niche fanbase because there are more popular options? Just because something else would be more popular doesn't mean it should happen. You know there is downfall to this mentality. If blizzard always catered primarily to popular allied race requests then races thats we normally think of as popular right now would seem nice by comparison. Races such as naga, ogres, sethrak would all been seen as niche if blizzard only catered to some of the most popular ideas. Like I said. Goblins and gnomes are great additions to the game. Even if only a small percentage of the game plays them, that is still a heck of a lot of people who do love them. I love goblins and I can't even fathom not having them playable since no other race appeals to me as much and nearly all my characters are goblins. There are gnome fans like this too.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    How is that an advantage? Leveling is nothing of any importance in wow. Everything you do in the game that has any power progression or really any real repeatable content of interest is in endgame.
    No one just stops leveling an think: " Thank god i am finally level 40 and i can start my endgame!"

It is maybe pay to skip. And what you skip is boring content. In BCC you don't even get to max level of the previous content with the boost.
    Exactly. Boosting gives you a head start on getting to end game. A person NOT buying the boost needs to level up to where you boosted to, taking several hours. Even longer if they can't play for more than 2-3 hours a day. Which is why boosting is an advantage and therefore a form of pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

So you want blizzard screw over a niche fanbase because there are more popular options? Just because something else would be more popular doesn't mean it should happen. You know there is downfall to this mentality. If blizzard always catered primarily to popular allied race requests then races thats we normally think of as popular right now would seem nice by comparison. Races such as naga, ogres, sethrak would all been seen as niche if blizzard only catered to some of the most popular ideas. Like I said. Goblins and gnomes are great additions to the game. Even if only a small percentage of the game plays them, that is still a heck of a lot of people who do love them. I love goblins and I can't even fathom not having them playable since no other race appeals to me as much and nearly all my characters are goblins. There are gnome fans like this too.
    Yes, I do. Blizzard should not be catering to a portion of the fan base that is even smaller than the mythic raiding community. They wasted time on mechagnomes as a playable race that could have been spent on....well almost literally ANYTHING else. Goblin and gnome fans are exceptionally rare and Blizzard should not be catering to such a tiny portion of the playerbase when they could be focusing on more important things. Like fixing how terrible gear drops are in pve.

Exactly. Boosting gives you a head start on getting to end game. A person NOT buying the boost needs to level up to where you boosted to, taking several hours. Even longer if they can't play for more than 2-3 hours a day. Which is why boosting is an advantage and therefore a form of pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do. Blizzard should not be catering to a portion of the fan base that is even smaller than the mythic raiding community. They wasted time on mechagnomes as a playable race that could have been spent on....well almost literally ANYTHING else. Goblin and gnome fans are exceptionally rare and Blizzard should not be catering to such a tiny portion of the playerbase when they could be focusing on more important things. Like fixing how terrible gear drops are in pve.
    Still not really. Anyone wanting to play BCC will either get the boost or level beforehand. I highly doubt there will even be one person show shows up on release with a level 1 character.
    If this would have been in Classic on day one. Yes that would have been problematic. But is isn't. And all you skip is irrelevant content at point of a race where everyone else is allready over the finishline and queues for the next race.
    The boost is for people who would play BC but did not have fun with classic. These people will probably not play BC if they can't skip classic. More players in BC better game for everybody.

There is no advantage as there are next to no people to have an advantage over at that point. Either you are allready max level or your are not. Those who are not won't play it now as they have no interest in classic and spend days and days playing content they have zero interest in

- - - Updated - - -

That is a very bad way to think. That kind of mentality is cancerous, selfish and people who think like this really need to screw off. In fact if anything this makes me even less sympathetic to people with popular requests. Its one thing to want something that is just more popular. Its another thing to want to screw over a more niche fanbase and actively act like they don't matter at all. Besides. Like I said before. If blizzard catered to popular requests always then it would be a slippery slope and lots of things we think of as popular right now would suddenly become the new niche. You realize that even if they did cater to popular requests there would always be one at the bottom. There is so many issues with this kind of thinking.
    Last edited by RayoftheSun; 2021-03-31 at 10:17 AM.