Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Like what specifically? What regulations are you running into that prevent you from achieving this wealth?
    Well, let’s break this down:

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Expectation:
    Common individual (Wage Slavery) ===> Wealthy individual (smooth and easy transition)
    He literally called wage slavery, a smooth transition. Dealing with “wealthy individuals” is super smooth... no one ever needed a Union...

Reality:
    Common individual (Wage Slavery) =X (Goverment Regulations) X=> Wealthy individual (difficult transition, police weaponized by politicians to keep small entrepreneurs down)
    We are having an ongoing trial, that has been a boiling point for police brutality. While he claims police is keeping down the small business owners. Did you know that? Floyd wasn’t murdered because the cop racist, no... he assumed Floyd was a small entrepreneur... that why he kept him down... with his knee.

But, remember, this is a Tim Pool regurgitation... a 35 year old, working class, with a skateboard ring in his house... that is currently in a bit of trouble for stealing an employees cat. Not joking about the last part either... he refused to return the cat, until the cops showed up. It took over a week...

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly small business regulations.
    How are “police weaponized by politicians to keep small entrepreneurs down”?

People having to spent grossly long hours on the phone for multiple days with city hall or fire safety deputies only to receive badly filled out building permit papers.
    Fill out this form and email: https://www.seattle.gov/fire/busines...pplyforapermit

WTF?

”Environment police" doing an ad hoc inspection and declaring that some miniscule things aren't in order so the renovations have to stop, which in the end caused the tenant, some old lady having to suffer through a hole being in the wall in her house through which the rain and snow would fall the entire winter, but cops or city hall don't give a fuck.
    There is no such thing about environmental police... you are making shit up... Wealthy you worship, have made sure we don’t have environmental police. This a joke...

Then going through the procedure of having the building permits corrected, which takes close to a year (because now these also need to pass through the police for approval), but in the meantime city hall coincidentally sends a "building inspector" who declares that the big hole in the wall needs to be fixed ASAP or the home will be declared "unlivable". The 'taxes' for an "unlivable home" of this size are close to 10.000 euros a year. The renovations were for a window to be placed in the kitchen at request of the tenant, but instead she got a hole (as the renovations had to be stopped halfway through by a cease and desist order (not sure if that is the correct english translation) of the environment cops).
    Oh... EU... well maybe people from EU, should stop pretending to be American and focus on their government. Since, US has none of the shit you say.

It's just one old example of the kind of petty government regulations you've to deal with as someone who tries to start up a business or tries to renovate a home as a landlord. I can at least say that at several counts the EU Supreme Court already ruled in our favor a few times in the past and fined the mayor / national government for this kind of petty bureaucratic and contradictory nonsense.
    Link them please...

I'm still not sure exactly who was being harmed by a window being placed in the kitchen of an old lady or why the government / cops felt they had to intervene...
    Link the story and I’ll translate...

Edit: almost forgot, since this post is pointing out how much better US is than EU... this is a must...

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Edit 2: You can wish and you can prey, but we will always lead EU in how we treat our precious billionaires. We made one president... you guys should try it... just let me know ahead of time, so I get ahead of the popcorn shortage.

Entertain us Europe!!! Elect Trump!!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-08 at 01:50 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Mostly small business regulations.

One example:
    People having to spent grossly long hours on the phone for multiple days with city hall or fire safety deputies only to receive badly filled out building permit papers. "Environment police" doing an ad hoc inspection and declaring that some miniscule things aren't in order so the renovations have to stop, which in the end caused the tenant, some old lady having to suffer through a hole being in the wall in her house through which the rain and snow would fall the entire winter, but cops or city hall don't give a fuck. Then going through the procedure of having the building permits corrected, which takes close to a year (because now these also need to pass through the police for approval), but in the meantime city hall coincidentally sends a "building inspector" who declares that the big hole in the wall needs to be fixed ASAP or the home will be declared "unlivable". The 'taxes' for an "unlivable home" of this size are close to 10.000 euros a year. The renovations were for a window to be placed in the kitchen at request of the tenant, but instead she got a hole (as the renovations had to be stopped halfway through by a cease and desist order (not sure if that is the correct english translation) of the environment cops).

It's just one old example of the kind of petty government regulations you've to deal with as someone who tries to start up a business or tries to renovate a home as a landlord. I can at least say that at several counts the EU Supreme Court already ruled in our favor a few times in the past and fined the mayor / national government for this kind of petty bureaucratic and contradictory nonsense.

I'm still not sure exactly who was being harmed by a window being placed in the kitchen of an old lady or why the government / cops felt they had to intervene...
    Here in the States, 70% of those types of regulations are because people keep finding loopholes and the other 30% is so people actually have freedom.

70% Loopholes
    We have a shit ton of fire extinguisher regulations here. But that's because businesses refused to get with spirit of the original laws about fire prevention and found every loophole they could. So every time a new loophole was created, new regulations had to be made to close those loopholes. Its not the government's fault that we have to have regulations giving a precise maximum distance between fire extinguishers, its the businesses that didn't;t give a shit about their employees' safety that they had like 2 extinguishers in a machine filled 40,000 sq/ft warehouse. And sure, that now sucks for the little guy struggling to scrape by and needs a lot more extinguishers for his small facility....but again, blame the businesses that came before you.

30% for actual Freedom
    There'd be a lot less regulations if the government mandated what size and shape your buildings should be. There'd just be templates and things would need to be built to specifications. Boom, done. The issue is, that all buildings and businesses are different, but certain safety measures must be made. That means the regulations have to be as specific as possible so they can work in any building or business.

People like you, view these things on a micro scale (meaning how does X affect me and only me) and expect the government to not view these things on a macro scale.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    People like you, view these things on a micro scale (meaning how does X affect me and only me) and expect the government to not view these things on a macro scale.
    It doesn’t apply to US either... we don’t have environmental cops... in Seattle, I can just email the permit request, without any of the phone troubles he described.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It doesn’t apply to US either... we don’t have environmental cops... in Seattle, I can just email the permit request, without any of the phone troubles he described.
    I mean lots of places in the US have bureaucracy problems. But this generally due to understaffing due to budget problems because, again, businesses and the wealthy are loopholing their taxes.

I've found that the Venn diagram of people that complain about regulations and the people that loophole the system and the people that keep wanting tax cuts for the wealthy is essentially just one circle.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care with politics, and i was never a supporter of the punk movement, even at my school we had some of them, for me its only about music, and i do enjoy some punk rock musics.

Obviously not translating the video lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean lots of places in the US have bureaucracy problems. But this generally due to understaffing due to budget problems because, again, businesses and the wealthy are loopholing their taxes.

I've found that the Venn diagram of people that complain about regulations and the people that loophole the system and the people that keep wanting tax cuts for the wealthy is essentially just one circle.
    isn't that strange how those interests always seem to align. What an odd coincidence. Who would have thunk it.

..mis-post...moving.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-04-08 at 03:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your society as a whole? “Let’s force people who are disabled to shrivel and die unless they can find someone to pay for their life.” You’re literally advocating for letting anyone who can’t afford healthcare to just go die somewhere. Not shocking considering you want to cut off their access to roads.
    Most medical problems are caused by the person's own body. Their biology is what is forcing the issue on them. That's not society's fault and nobody should force other people to fix their medical problems unless other people specifically caused their problems and they weren't an inevitable result of growing and aging.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Most medical problems are caused by the person's own body.
    This isn't remotely true. Higher rates of say, asthma in poor areas nearby highways or factories is a direct result of the environment, not people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most medical problems are caused by the person's own body. Their biology is what is forcing the issue on them. That's not society's fault and nobody should force other people to fix their medical problems unless other people specifically caused their problems and they weren't an inevitable result of growing and aging.
    Have you heard of covid?

Have you heard of covid?
    If I recall, according to him that's hyperbole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If I recall, according to him that's hyperbole.
    You sure it’s not hyper boboli pizza? Like a new Mountain Dew pizza flavor?

ESL jokes... sorry...

Edit: Correction... I have been informed this is a dad joke... not ESL...

You sure it’s not hyper boboli pizza? Like a new Mountain Dew pizza flavor? ESL jokes... sorry...
    Turrible...hate..ugh

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that's how it usually works. Bodies just kill themselves without any outside influence. Yup, yup yup yup

Pollution, zero impact.
    Stress, zero impact.
    Society, zero impact.
    Food, zero impact.

It's just their bodies that decide to ah fuck it how about we do this instead of working as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I agree, we do not agree on such things. That has been my thesis all along.

If one wants to argue that me not paying for your Healthcare is a harmful act, I will simply counter that forcibly taking my earnings to pay for your healthcare is harmful.

I'll go further, I see no harm in not paying for Bill Gates' healthcare.. do you agree?
    That's not how anything works in the government.

You benefit from a lot that you don't pay for directly, but that we all chip in for. Do you really think your individual tax payments cover your cost of using all the government services you use? You couldn't afford the road it takes for you to get to and from the store. Your portion of tax money that goes to police and fire service wouldn't cover the cost of calling them when needed.

You entered into a contract by being in this society. Part of that contract is paying into a kitty. You can bitch left and right about what that money is spent on, but bitching about the nature of how contract works (which is what you're doing) is horseshit and means you should probably go to another country.

- - - Updated - - -

Get off my roads then. You don't pay for their entire use and you and your body are the ones choosing to use them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This isn't remotely true. Higher rates of say, asthma in poor areas nearby highways or factories is a direct result of the environment, not people.
    I didn't say ALL medical problems were caused by the person's biology. There is some cases like that where a certain medical issue such as asthma is caused by other people and there should be some compensation for that particular issue. However that's not a blanket excuse to say that everyone else in society should be forced to fix all of the medical problems of those people who got asthma from pollution.

- - - Updated - - -

Get off my roads then. You don't pay for their entire use and you and your body are the ones choosing to use them.
    I pay more than enough for my use of the roads. If roads were private I'd just pay the owner to use them. I don't really care either way because roads are a trivial issue.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-04-08 at 06:40 PM.

And there's all the problems caused by businesses that were free to dump shit in the air and water.

I pay more than enough for my use of the roads. If roads were private I'd just pay the owner to use them. I don't really care either way because roads are a trivial issue.
    No you don't. The cost to operate even a mile's worth of road is significantly more than you've paid in taxes total, let alone the portion of your taxes that goes to it.

So I'll thank you to get the hell off my roads you aren't paying enough for.

I don't really care either way because roads are a trivial issue.
    They absolutely are not a "trivial issue". Roads are hugely important in America, especially given its massive size. This too, is total nonsense and purely fantasy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you heard of covid?
    What about it? That was caused by a mutation and not people unless you think it was created in a Chinese lab. Covid is not an excuse to force other people to pay for your medical issues.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-04-08 at 06:59 PM.