Alliance Shadow Priest, Hunter or Shaman for arena 2s and 3s?

Out of these 3 in TBC I would most prefer to play shamans, however I hear that they suck in arena.
    Is their burst gone or something or are they just easy to counter?
    Hunter is my 2nd pick...
    I'm hearing good things about priests too.

Help!

For the people with more experience on TBC pvp, how's shadow priest arena experience? Do the spec has any viable comps for 2s and Speed Test 3s?
    Last edited by jeokaleo; 2021-04-17 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeokaleo View Post
    For the people with more experience on TBC pvp, how's shadow priest arena experience? Do the spec has any viable comps for 2s and 3s?
    Yes it has many. All your comps that are worth anything in 2s is double dps, so if you’re new to arenas I wouldn’t recommend it.

These comps are spriest/rogue, mage, warlock, feral.

As for 3s yes you still have quite a few comps as well. Godcomp, rpd, shadow play, etc etc.

Spriests get trained a LOT tho. So if you aren’t use to this type of play style where you are being trained and you learn how to do things like pull the target out of their healers los, learn when to go def or offensive, know when to burst and know when to dispel/silence.... then I wouldn’t try it right away. But it is a lot of fun when you get the hang of it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bal8 View Post
    Out of these 3 in TBC I would most prefer to play shamans, however I hear that they suck in arena.
    Is their burst gone or something or are they just easy to counter?
    Hunter is my 2nd pick...
    I'm hearing good things about priests too.

Help!
    Shamans are still decent in arena, you just aren’t pushing like really high ratings unless you’re extremely skilled at them

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Yes it has many. All your comps that are worth anything in 2s is double dps
    i recall druid in 2's dominating far more than double dps,specialy the higher you got

druid/lock druid/war druid/hunter

shadow priests were pretty rare,and all the top ones were heal, priest mage or priest rogue

as to op...either play what you enjoy or if you wanna do good go priest heal,shaman heal,hunter is also good but a bit harder to play compared to some other dps

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i recall druid in 2's dominating far more than double dps,specialy the higher you got

druid/lock druid/war druid/hunter

shadow priests were pretty rare,and all the top ones were heal, priest mage or priest rogue

as to op...either play what you enjoy or if you wanna do good go priest heal,shaman heal,hunter is also good but a bit harder to play compared to some other dps
    Lol um maybe you should reread what I said, and maybe see what I’m quoting

Lol um maybe you should reread what I said, and maybe see what I’m quoting
    uff its late,yeah i tottaly blackedout on that

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uff its late,yeah i tottaly blackedout on that
    It’s all good friend lol. I was super confused for a second. Like man resto druid shadow priest? I can’t see that going to well.

shadowplay was alot of fun as priest. I also really enjoyed 5s as shadow
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by jeokaleo View Post
    For the people with more experience on TBC pvp, how's shadow priest arena experience? Do the spec has any viable comps for 2s and 3s?
    Shadow is a joke spec, basically the answer is no. Shadowplay is really in it's infancy in LATE BC, but they're not that great. The best comps are going to be rogue/mage, rogue/priest, warrior/lock, druid/warrior. In terms of 3s it's going to be dominated entirely by RMP, with the priest obviously being the healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Shadow is a joke spec, basically the answer is no. Shadowplay is really in it's infancy in LATE BC, but they're not that great. The best comps are going to be rogue/mage, rogue/priest, warrior/lock, druid/warrior. In terms of 3s it's going to be dominated entirely by RMP, with the priest obviously being the healer.
    I’m sorry but this isn’t true lol. It may not be the best of the best, but it for sure isn’t a joke. Especially spriest/rogue and spriest/mage. It absolutely shits on druids which is part of what makes it so great. And they are crazy tanky especially later on so focusing them can make it seem like you’re facing a standard healer dps comp.

I’m sorry but this isn’t true lol. It may not be the best of the best, but it for sure isn’t a joke. Especially spriest/rogue and spriest/mage. It absolutely shits on druids which is part of what makes it so great. And they are crazy tanky especially later on so focusing them can make it seem like you’re facing a standard healer dps comp.
    It really is a joke and it gets destroyed by actual meta teams.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It really is a joke and it gets destroyed by actual meta teams.
    Which meta comps are you referring to? Because shadow rogue hard counters half the comps you listed above.

Which meta comps are you referring to? Because shadow rogue hard counters half the comps you listed above.
    LOL if you think Shadow/Rogue counters anything I mentioned you're actually living in fantasyland.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

LOL if you think Shadow/Rogue counters anything I mentioned you're actually living in fantasyland.
    Why don't you answer the question? I am currently playing and have been playing tbc arenas for quite some time now. Shadow priest rogue is for sure a solid comp that can easily push rank one in the hands of the right people. Mir is someone who has done this multiple times on these forbidden servers. I find it super odd that you throw in warlock/warrior as a top tier meta comp but for some reason shadow priest rogue just somehow isn't even on your radar? It's starting to sound like you don't know tbc arena at all, or you are going off of your memory of 2007 and you still think things like resto druid warrior is top tier lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Help Me Choose" type threads don't promote much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Please check online resources and/or the class-specific subforums if you have further questions. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead