Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    People are terrible to eachother now DESPITE faction ties...wouldn't be any different
    This. There's not a single day I don't wish to be in the other faction just to kill some of the wankers I have in mine.

I've been a long time cross-faction advocate since I've always tho since the adventurer is now a "CHAMPION OF AZEROTH$$$$$" I've never really understood why we were still medling in mortal affairs.

But I'd say they'll keep it for the next expansion since a lot of evidences points at a revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Hell no. Factions should never be able to cross, ever.
    But they already can, in PVP with mercenary mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Cross faction died with 8.0
    I'm pretty sure the death tolls of the first and second war were way larger.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Hell no. Factions should never be able to cross, ever.
    Gonna hard disagree with you there. Cross faction is extremely important to the longevity and survival of the game. It should have been in the works with the end of BFA and be implementing it in Shadowlands but realistically it should arrive with with the next expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    or, the alliance could just surrender to the horde if they wanted to play with horde.

just have, in game lore, the horde win and the alliance submitting
    Which would be the worst writing possible and makes no sense. The players exist outside of their factions so it makes sense for them to be able to group up.

hard no.... factions are central to warcraft and have been for decades. expand cross-realm to basically a single server for each type RP, PVE, PVP.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I really don't see why not. One tier in BfA aside, every other tier seems to be just a break from the Horde & Alliance pretend fighting before setting aside their differences to fight the "real evil."

Horde vs Alliance has been a meme for years at this point, & whatever credibility it supposedly has left should be put aside for a much more open gameplay experience.

Edit: I'd argue since PvP realms allowed you to make characters on both factions that this has been coming.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2021-04-14 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Its not really about the death tolls tho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Gonna hard disagree with you there. Cross faction is extremely important to the longevity and survival of the game. It should have been in the works with the end of BFA and be implementing it in Shadowlands but realistically it should arrive with with the next expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Which would be the worst writing possible and makes no sense. The players exist outside of their factions so it makes sense for them to be able to group up.
    Thank you.

Yes, this should absolutely happen. I would let people group up cross-faction out in the world, and speak to each other freely too if warmode is turned off.

Would never happen. Doesn't matter how many "reasons" people give, it will never happen. Please learn to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Can you give one single GAMEPLAY-RELATED reason as to why factions are a good idea in 2021?

The only argument I've heard against dissolving factions is "MUH FACTION PRIDE", which is quite honestly absurd.
    As long as wow continues to call itself an rpg role playing reasons are just as valid as anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Role-playing is important, but gameplay should always come first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    hard no.... factions are central to warcraft and have been for decades. expand cross-realm to basically a single server for each type RP, PVE, PVP.
    Yeah, central to the game. I mean, it's a good job we've never broken those faction lines in lore by grouping up to fight against another threat.

Oh, wait a fucking minute, we've done it EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Yeah, central to the game. I mean, it's a good job we've never broken those faction lines in lore by grouping up to fight against another threat.

doesn't matter and if you read the chronicles lots of previous raids were given credit to one faction or the other. keep them separate.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    But in reality it wouldn't get any more toxic than it already is. Even then from a PVE standpoint the benefits would vastly outweigh the consequences. Double the recruitment pool, wider variety of races for players to pick from to raid as, end the constant bitching of Horde or Alliance superiority in PVE cause lets face it faction barely matters in PVP outside of unranked Battlegrounds and War Mode of which neither would change outside of people being able to trash talk eachother (of which Blood Elves, Void Elves, and Demon Hunters already can just half the population doesn't realize there's a language option). In return though cross faction Arena Teams and rated BG teams would probably be a huge boon to the pvp population (those are often HvH and AvA anyway) Hell it even works in a lore standpoint since the most famous arena team in Lore is a Human, a Blood Elf, and a Night Elf
    To me it just seems like having more races able to play together just enforces more of the same best races, and we see less of the best on the other faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

Exactly how I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    To me it just seems like having more races able to play together just enforces more of the same best races, and we see less of the best on the other faction.
    The races are very well balanced for most classes, I’d recommend taking a look at Bloodmallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by J1n70 View Post
    We all know this is the direction Blizzard is heading to resolve the imbalance created by previous mistakes. Let’s let them know we need this now and not next expansion.
    As a member of a neutral roleplay guild, yes, give it to me now!

Though, as a player of world of warcraft, no - no thanks. We don't have enough systems implemented to support this step yet. We need first to look into further cross faction grouping for dungeons, raids and merc for world PvP for example. The game needs a big overhaul for that step to fit into the story as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by J1n70 View Post
    We all know...
    No, this is just what some people assume. And there's not much tangible evidence to suggest it actually is so.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Except the First and Second War could be excused by demonic mind control. As could the blood elves agreeing to join a faction that included the former Scourge who genocided 90% of their species. Come to think of it, nearly all the Horde races, at least pre-Pandaria, were enemies at one point who realized that working together was better than remaining enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Ion has said in multiple interviews recently that "the team is aware of issues regarding faction imbalance and is actively working on a solution"

So they definitely are working on it.
    Except that imbalance is only at the highest levels of play, and the game has not been and should not be balanced around that.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except the First and Second War could be excused by demonic mind control. As could the blood elves agreeing to join a faction that included the former Scourge who genocided 90% of their species. Come to think of it, nearly all the Horde races, at least pre-Pandaria, were enemies at one point who realized that working together was better than remaining enemies.
    Being addicted to demon roids isn't exactly mind control.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.