Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people just want to be carried - thats the sad turth
    True true. Instead of looking for a carry people should simply run their own key.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Legendary is quite one of the standard ones for resto shamans.
    not really, though. I think it may have been early on when guides figured it was one of the better legendaries for healing throughput but people rather quickly realized that we really don't need more healing throughput. There is no +15 dungeon that a healer with ilvl 200-210 gear can't manage to perform well enough with raw healing. And especially not with 210-220 gear. What healers in dungeons need to do these days is not pump heals but help out in other ways. Help with interrupts (using Wind Shear for shamans and CC for all healers), help with damage, help with kiting, etc.

Personally, I think Necrolord is the same problem. People figured out it's the best for healing throughput and now realized that we don't need healing throughput. We need to help with damage. That's why you see so many shamans switch to Venthyr or Night Fae these days. Mostly Venthyr because there is a lack of Venthyr players in general

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Lol, so if I have 3 1.8k dps queuing for my dungeon I should decline them? Why would I choose that? My interest is not to "push" the key, my interest at that level is to blast it in 20mins. And if some people still needs it for KSM, why would they decline a 1.8k ?
    Of course it’s a problem injected by how the game works atm.

When I’ll try pushing my own 15 key I will also wait for people with 2000 rio and 230 ilvl to apply, since it’s just how it works.

But I don’t like this system, when you get to a certain point it basically doesn’t give you any option but using your own key.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    not really, though. I think it may have been early on when guides figured it was one of the better legendaries for healing throughput but people rather quickly realized that we really don't need more healing throughput. There is no +15 dungeon that a healer with ilvl 200-210 gear can't manage to perform well enough with raw healing. And especially not with 210-220 gear. What healers in dungeons need to do these days is not pump heals but help out in other ways. Help with interrupts (using Wind Shear for shamans and CC for all healers), help with damage, help with kiting, etc.

Personally, I think Necrolord is the same problem. People figured out it's the best for healing throughput and now realized that we don't need healing throughput. We need to help with damage. That's why you see so many shamans switch to Venthyr or Night Fae these days. Mostly Venthyr because there is a lack of Venthyr players in general
    Switching covenant for me is out of question until they change it allowing to simply shift all you acquired with your previous covenant to be shifted either: I have not enough time nor desire to regrind all the stuff again.

But this said I don’t think I’m declined for the covenant or the leggo, I’m declined because I have not completed any 15 and I’m competing with healers with 1500+ rio and a lot of 15+ completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Because carrying folks to XYZ r.io score is a thing, now the metric that seasoned r.io players look for is how many dungeons are completed in that bracket. So a player with 1300 r.io score with only 8 15+ done in time (potentially a boosted player), but that other player with a similar 1300 r.io score but over 30 15+ done in time = solid player.
    That's not a "solid" player. Someone with a slew of +15 timed runs is an insane elite no-lifer. Very very few people have the time to get the raid done and master all 8 dungeons to that level. Your attitude of calling that "solid" is EXACTLY why rio is a cancer, as people will quickly decide that anyone NOT no-lifing the game must suck and they start leaving keys, ruining your progress, barking at you, etc.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Of course it’s a problem injected by how the game works atm.

When I’ll try pushing my own 15 key I will also wait for people with 2000 rio and 230 ilvl to apply, since it’s just how it works.

But I don’t like this system, when you get to a certain point it basically doesn’t give you any option but using your own key.

- - - Updated - - -

Switching covenant for me is out of question until they change it allowing to simply shift all you acquired with your previous covenant to be shifted either: I have not enough time nor desire to regrind all the stuff again.

But this said I don’t think I’m declined for the covenant or the leggo, I’m declined because I have not completed any 15 and I’m competing with healers with 1500+ rio and a lot of 15+ completed.
    I mean a big problem of yours was that many of the keys you are running fail the timer.

Nope, people do not necessarily want a carry, they want the highest success change. And a 1800 rio mage, gives you a better chance than a 1200 rio destro. That is the simple truth. And the only reason this is even an issue is because of the community, not rio. It is because to few people make groups, there are at least 30 people in the queue for a +14 key within minutes. So the easy and obvious solution is to make your own group.

everyone who is not 1800 toxic io is almost instant declined from +15 with expetion of boomkins and mages :0 my only +/- 1200 toxic io toon that has no problem to get into +15/16 seems to be mage - hunter/Dh with 1200 ? no chance - spent like 1,5 hour trying to get to any +15 group on tuesday on my DH - should have give up after 5 minutes - never will repeat that.

I get into groups fine as a 1345 frost dk. Just don't expect to queue into groups that already have a tank and heal and 1-2 dps.

Why don't you run your own +15? Livestream it. Show us you forming the group and declining ppl with high "toxic.io". Only invite those with low or no score. Invite only off meta specs. I personally would love to see that and im sure a lot of others would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That's not a "solid" player. Someone with a slew of +15 timed runs is an insane elite no-lifer. Very very few people have the time to get the raid done and master all 8 dungeons to that level. Your attitude of calling that "solid" is EXACTLY why rio is a cancer, as people will quickly decide that anyone NOT no-lifing the game must suck and they start leaving keys, ruining your progress, barking at you, etc.
    Lol, my buddy has 3 kids and a full time engineering job, one of the babies was born just at the end of BfA and he managed to get all 15s done with what little playtime he could do and still runs several m+ keys with us a week. He is a family man, yet he is a nolifer? lol. He is just efficient and good at what he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    People doing +15s are insane elite nolifers?

KEKWAT?

So the first iteration of that system is on the PTR and it’s super basic. Pretty much everyone will keep using raider.io for the extra information to weed out boosted players.

I guess rio will adapt their scoring system going forward. Hopefully that frees up some space to make them show more additional data in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    So the first iteration of that system is on the PTR and it’s super basic. Pretty much everyone will keep using raider.io for the extra information to weed out boosted players.
    Yep, just score is not really enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yep, just score is not really enough.
    That is what I thought. Well, as long as they implement some reward system based on rating - it's ok, but I don't see them implementing full functionality of raider.io webpage so I will be a frequent visitor there.

Hopefully it's not a crap system like RIO is. And yes, I use RIO... it's still crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That is so not the case. In my casual heroic guild half the people have KSM now and most of them are pretty much raid/dungeons loggers who play 2-3 hours in the evening, not even every day. You don't need to "no-life" in order to learn a dungeon and be capable of doing it on a +15 level. +15s are done by nerds within 2 weeks of the expac launch. Regular casual players, with the help of gear and time, can slowly and steadily work their way up to that level and master it within a couple months, if they are at least somewhat competent at their class.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Hopefully it's not a crap system like RIO is. And yes, I use RIO... it's still crap.

In what way is RIO crap? You can always make suggestions for them to improve it

KSM doesn't require a "no-life" approach, but roughly ~15% of the player base has achieved it thus far in SL based on dataforazeroth.com which scans all active player profiles ~30 days. Maybe it's 16%, but far from the majority. Furthermore, grinding KSM is much more challenging as a DPS unless they queue with tank / heal friends. As a healer main, it's quite easy to fill a group with DPS of KSM 1400io+ and 220ilvl where I can usually cherry pick the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by guru-gamer View Post
    KSM doesn't require a "no-life" approach, but roughly ~15% of the player base has achieved it thus far in SL based on dataforazeroth.com which scans all active player profiles ~30 days. Maybe it's 16%, but far from the majority. Furthermore, grinding KSM is much more challenging as a DPS unless they queue with tank / heal friends. As a healer main, it's quite easy to fill a group with DPS of KSM 1400io+ and 220ilvl where I can usually cherry pick the classes.
    Keep in mind that only ~30% of profiles have keystone explorer (all 8 dungeons at +5). So pretty much 50% of all players that make M+ any sort of priority, achieve KSM

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Keep in mind that only ~30% of profiles have keystone explorer (all 8 dungeons at +5). So pretty much 50% of all players that make M+ any sort of priority, achieve KSM
    And remember kiddies, 50% is a bigger number than 15%. So clearly that means it's the majority of players. No obvious attempt to spin numbers here. 50% is big number guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    And remember kiddies, 50% is a bigger number than 15%. So clearly that means it's the majority of players. No obvious attempt to spin numbers here. 50% is big number guys!
    Are you retarded?