Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gating of renown from week to week is annoying, but the catchup mechanisms for players that are behind are pretty generous. Most of my alts caught up to my mains very quickly even with just normal playing. I didn't grind any world quests or anything crazy; just ran dungeons and did callings and weeklies here and there.

The more intimidating thing is the fuckton of anima you need for everything IMO.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's a real delicate push and pull between giving players novel experiences, repeatable content, content that could be removed, and preventing them from burning through content too quickly.

I can't imagine the amount of research they've done on player engagement, but the developers of this game are probably some of the most knowledgeable on the subject.
    I couldn't agree more. Last year Blizzard had an revenue of almost 2 billion dollars. How much of that is WoW is hard to say, but at least several hundred millions.
    With so much money at stake it would be almost criminally negligent of Blizzard not to do extensive monitoring of and research on player behaviour.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/how-to-...locking-321901

lol oh nvm flying is gunna be even easier to unlock then they thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    imagine being a new player and having stuff to do. God damn !
    I know imagine all the unknown content and things to explore and enjoy for this first time !! ... I want to be a new player again ....

So the solution is just give everyone 228 ilvl, all the achievements, all the renown, and every legendary?

Imagine making an effort to catch up at anything in life. Entitled WoW Andy #2020202432438423

Quote Originally Posted by Domanic View Post
    So the solution is just give everyone 228 ilvl, all the achievements, all the renown, and every legendary?

Imagine making an effort to catch up at anything in life. Entitled WoW Andy #2020202432438423
    I think the idea is to find different ways to reward those things.
    I don't think i ever saw a post saying. "I want to unlock everything when i log in", so it feels very strawmanish of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I think the idea is to find different ways to reward those things.
    I don't think i ever saw a post saying. "I want to unlock everything when i log in", so it feels very strawmanish of you.
    One of the complaints about BFA was that there were too many different and unrelated systems.

I'd rather them give more progression to existing expansion systems, such as soulbinds and covenant renown, than suddenly slapping on HoA Essenses and gluing Corruptions on top of that out of blue.

At least with Renown - you got all your shit in one shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Domanic View Post

Imagine having a well thought argument and not resorting to strawmen and hyperbole.

Imagine hitting max level in any .1 patch and realizing everyone is 1 tier ahead of where you're at and you need to catch up

Imagine joining ESO as a new player with a CP cap of 3600 since the rework happened.

Imagine joining FF14 with like hundreds of hours of required MSQ to get to current raid content.

80 renown you can get in like a couple days?? Oh noooo

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Imagine joining FF14 with like hundreds of hours of required MSQ to get to current raid content.
    You are also locked out of earning the current tomestone gear until max level -- which you then are capped out on how many of that currency you can make a week.

Since you can earn only 450 a week -- that means to get all the 520 armor and accessories (not counting weapon) would take around 4 months to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I mean, if we follow the OP's mentality of worry, then a brand new player's worry wouldn't be renown level but the massive world to explore and systems to understand, and communities to bind with, and much more. They have a new adventure to get on. 40 renown levels more is nothing compared to the rest, as that will as well be caught up by time, faster than how the old players went through the content.

The only one that would worry about 40 new levels is the person who quit when he reached the first 40 - even so, that person SHOULD by then know that he/she had to catch up on things.
    the problem here imo is not a lot of new stuff to learn, but the validity of learning it
    most of those systems are exp-only features and as soon exp ends will go the way of Dodo, making the effort to do so useless the more time passes
    in comparison to all new features in TBC/Wrath, also blizz did adjust/remove some talents and abilities, they were generally introduced to last forever as far as we know, glyphs for example we knew will stay, they got twinkled a little but they stayed up to (WoD?) with same idea in general, so if u learn glyphs in wrath, u learned them for 10+ years
    If u learn covenant (and they are way more complex than just glyphs), u learn them for just this exp only, since average exp life is 2 years, that means u'll bother urself with complex detailed system for a max of 1.5 if u never unsub too (and with content drought i find it hard)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Imagine joining ESO as a new player with a CP cap of 3600 since the rework happened.

80 renown you can get in like a couple days?? Oh noooo
    I think as me and @Gecho said, the problem isn't renown but the entire new system
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

My partner is new to MMOs and tried playing the game. First dungeon she signed up to was freehold, being a new player means you start at BFA. It is the worst experience possible for a new player. I think that’s the bigger problem more so than renown, the game does nothing to prepare you for the “go go AOE everything” mentality of levelling content and low end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    My partner is new to MMOs and tried playing the game. First dungeon she signed up to was freehold, being a new player means you start at BFA. It is the worst experience possible for a new player. I think that’s the bigger problem more so than renown, the game does nothing to prepare you for the “go go AOE everything” mentality of levelling content and low end game content.
    I don't think a single mmo out there has yet codified the bad meta the community establishes by "preparing people for it", which would mean coding in a tutorial that shows this playstyle.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/how-to-...locking-321901

lol oh nvm flying is gunna be even easier to unlock then they thought.

Fuck sake!

3 hours BLIZZARD?

Timegated again!

Do shitty quest to unlock flying? UNINSTALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Fuck sake!

3 hours BLIZZARD?

Timegated again!

Do shitty quest to unlock flying? UNINSTALL!
    Ughh, blizzard is once again choosing the toxic elitist gatekeeping players over us <3hour players. They've proven once again that ppl like me have no place in this game

Classic Blizz move tbh. Claim a new system is "better"

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe people are bitching about renown catch up, you can catch up doing whatever the fuck you want in-game.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I can't believe people are bitching about renown catch up, you can catch up doing whatever the fuck you want in-game.
    you've been on this site for 9 years and you can't believe people are bitching about something that is easy and convenient?