Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Absolutely not. We don't need anymore furry races.

No blizzard would never be able to do them justice.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Skaven are sort of a mix of gnomish/goblin tech and Forsaken alchemy as well as genetic experimentation.
    Well that sounds interesting and all but we have gnomes, goblins, and forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    No, as much as i love the Skaven, I like them because of their horrible nature that the universe of wow is not made for.

Also I would prefer for Blizzard to make their own unique race instead of trying to copy someone else idea.
    You're right; dwarfs, orcs, goblins, elves and gnomes are amongst the most original races Blizzard has ever made.
    Last edited by Norsok; 2021-04-15 at 04:48 PM.

People tend to pick pretty races in WoW, and a big part of considering playable races has this consideration in mind. It's something that greatly affects population, and is why the original Alliance and Horde populations had such a huge gap.

Monsterous and creature-like races will always be niche. It's likely why we don't have Ogres playable to do this day. Even the Vulpera are very soft-designed, and could be considered as Skaven 'Disney'fied into WoW.

I think WoW could use something more like the Lizardmen, rather than Skaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well that sounds interesting and all but we have gnomes, goblins, and forsaken.
    Just sort of giving you an abridged description so you at least know what they are/have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    You're right; dwarfs, orcs, goblins, elves and gnomes are amongst the most original races Blizzard has ever made.
    What does that have to do with anything? Even if many races in wow are not original, and those that are "original" are still based around something else, does not exclude the fact that i would prefer that if they add a new race, make their own thing instead of trying to copy someone else idea

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I think WoW could use something more like the Lizardmen, rather than Skaven.
    Yeah, Sethrak are way cooler addition than Kobolds imo.

I am pretty sure the player base is 80% elves...

How about fire elves instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    We already got female worgens that look like that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Skaven remind me of gnolls, quilboar and the rest of the mongrel races of Warcraft, so nah.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Skaven would be a good evil race we must save the world from!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the WoW equivalent of Skaven are kobolds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Should have explained what the Skaven are, OP.

In brief, they're backstabbing, ruthless and cowardly rat people who have basically have no morals whatsoever and are variously master assassins, reckless technological geniuses, disease-ridden lunatics or insane monster creators ala Dr. Frankenstein. Basically mash the Forsaken and Goblins together in a furry package and you get the Skaven.

They're also a bunch of dirty, ugly, smelly rats and I doubt that many people would play them even if they were included in WoW.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    They're also a bunch of dirty, ugly, smelly rats and I doubt that many people would play them even if they were included in WoW.
    You kidding? They're one of the Top 3 most popular races in all of WH, I would take that bet and argue that you'd see shitloads of people playing them just like Forsaken in Vanilla.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You kidding? They're one of the Top 3 most popular races in all of WH, I would take that bet and argue that you'd see shitloads of people playing them just like Forsaken in Vanilla.
    I'm pretty sure they're not more popular that HEs, DEs, Empire, Dwarfs and Chaos.

Even if they were, it's one thing to like them and another to play as them. Last I checked the majority of people playing WoW play a so-called pretty race (human, NEs, BEs, VEs, Draenei to a lesser extent). Most of the others are split in so-called cool races, like Orcs or Undead. I doubt Skaven would crack the top 10 in most played races, especially since your race in Warcraft informs how you play the game much less than in Warhammer, be it the tabletop or Total War.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah but you have to consider the cool factor of playing Skaven is controlling a vast swarmy army of ratlings, not just playing as one Rat-like character in an RPG setting.

Warhammer Online didn't even have a Skaven playable class if you really think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? Even if many races in wow are not original, and those that are "original" are still based around something else, does not exclude the fact that i would prefer that if they add a new race, make their own thing instead of trying to copy someone else idea
    It has a lot to do with everything; Warcraft has copied loads of fantasy concepts from other worlds since its beginning. But if you want a brand new race, it's fair enough.
    Last edited by Norsok; 2021-04-16 at 07:00 AM.

I don't see the point in adding them. As others have covered, all of their major traits are covered by existing races. We have plenty of anthropomorphic animal races, we have a race which focuses on alchemy and plague, we have a couple of races with advanced tech which frequently backfires. The only thing which isn't covered in a playable race is their swarming tendencies, which WoW has in Murlocs, which seem like a much better choice for the setting than adding a race from another franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.