Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is this pc build decent?

PC Gaming Raptor5 Intel, Intel i5-10400F 2.9GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6

price is 1k euro

would this pc handle the games in the future 5 yrs? games like diablo 4 and the next elder scrolls?

dont need highest ultra settings, high or medium is enough.

is this PC somehow decent for the price? - ye, can be
    would this pc handle the games in the future 5 yrs? - definitely no, sry, even on low settings

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay, will run most games these days at 1080p max settings just fine, 5 years however? Highly unlikely.

Mostly because of the GPU.

If you upgraded the GPU down the line, itll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about 200€ overpriced but with the current GPU prices it's a decently "good deal" (there really isn't anything I'd consider a good deal right now but there's nothing that can be done about that if you really need a computer now)

I have the same rig but with less ssd drive which was a 900 euro setup, and bought a full hd screen to go with it and I'm very happy with how it performs. Getting a stronger one down the line, but atm it gives me what I want, full hd gaming with high settings. 50-60 fps Cyberpunk medium+/medium settings, max settings wow, OW, and ultra/high at 60+ fps on a game like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Not nearly the best, but I'm happy with the performance for the price I got, but then again, I am no expert so this is like a customer review

Thanks to GPU stupidity it makes it a fair deal. But it's not a great system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajko View Post
    is this PC somehow decent for the price? - ye, can be
    would this pc handle the games in the future 5 yrs? - definitely no, sry, even on low settings
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    It's okay, will run most games these days at 1080p max settings just fine, 5 years however? Highly unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Thanks to GPU stupidity it makes it a fair deal. But it's not a great system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    It's about 200€ overpriced but with the current GPU prices it's a decently "good deal" (there really isn't anything I'd consider a good deal right now but there's nothing that can be done about that if you really need a computer now)
    what about:

PC Gaming Callisto, Intel i7-10700F 2.9GHz Comet Lake, 16GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6

for 1500 euro, i guess this would be a better investment for the next 5 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    what about:

PC Gaming Callisto, Intel i7-10700F 2.9GHz Comet Lake, 16GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6

That's just overpriced even more due to how in demand the RTX 3000-series cards are.

Neither one is really gonna last 5 years anyway (5 years is a looooong time for PC gaming) so imo it's better to buy the one that is less overpriced and then just upgrade when it's no longer good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    That's just overpriced even more due to how in demand the RTX 3000-series cards are.

Neither one is really gonna last 5 years anyway (5 years is a looooong time for PC gaming) so imo it's better to buy the one that is less overpriced and then just upgrade when it's no longer good enough.
    when will the prices come back to normal? im planning to get a pc in summer

so if i get the first one and in a year or 2 (when the prices might get back to normal) i upgrade the graphics card, ill be able to run newer games?

been a gamer all my life but never took the time to learn how pcs work, i should start learning.

Not this summer. Probably not this year at all.

so if i get the first one and in a year or 2 (when the prices might get back to normal) i upgrade the graphics card, ill be able to run newer games?
    Yeah. The 1660 isnt an amazing card (it wasnt high end when it was new) but itll handle 1080p for now. If you pair it with a mid-range GPU in a year or two, itll be fine. GPUs, particularly mid-range GPUs, struggle to stay relevant/powerful enough for more than a few years but CPUs tend to last 5+ years.

been a gamer all my life but never took the time to learn how pcs work, i should start learning.
    There are plenty of good videos out there. JayzTwoCents, BitWit, Paul’s Hardware, all have good for-beginners videos.

Anyone saying the 1660 Super (Or that build itself) won't be able to game in 5 years clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

For 1080p gaming it will be perfectly fine even 5 years from now. You won't run things at max settings but it will be very playable. I would stick with the first build and just upgrade the GPU later down the line.

Even more so since GPU prices are shit right now.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-04-17 at 12:13 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Anyone saying the 1660 Super (Or that build itself) won't be able to game in 5 years clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Says the king of "doesn't know what he's talking about".

Its ALREADY a sub par card for AAA gaming at 1080p, unless youre in love with Medium settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Says the king of "doesn't know what he's talking about".

Its ALREADY a sub par card for AAA gaming at 1080p, unless youre in love with Medium settings.
    Can't read past the first line I see...

You won't run things at max settings but it will be very playable.
    The 1660 Super is a perfectly fine card to game at 1080p even more so if its to hold them over until they replace it with something better down the line. Its already starting to look like it won't be until at least 2022 before cards become way more available if even then.

The most poplar card is a 1060 and the 1660 Super performs above it. It can even do some 1440p gaming and 4K depending the game. I personally use one with FFXIV and its Native 4k on Desktop Standard settings and 60fps. The Intel i5-10400F is a 6 core 12 thread CPU that performs really good as well. Personally I would go Ryzen but once again finding any is a nightmare.

Yes they won't be gaming at Ultra/120FPS but if that isn't their goal they will be fine.

Edit: Hell the OP even says
    high or medium is enough.
    A 1660 Super will get them High/Medium settings at 1080p just fine, even some AAA games they will be able to max out at 1080p and still have 60FPS.

- - - Updated - - -

what about:

A much better investment yes but you are spending $500 more. In short your paying for the better CPU and it is a MUCH better GPU.

The Comet Lake i7 is perfectly fine as well even more so since its coming out that the new intel chips are barely a performance bump but yet pull way more heat.

Your getting a MUCH better GPU and a better CPU upgrade for $500 difference. If you can actually find that GPU I think u will be happy with the build.

I would add a 1TB HD/SSD to throw games on tho. You will eat up that 500GB fast.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-04-17 at 03:39 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

A much better investment yes but you are spending $500 more. In short your paying for the better CPU and it is a MUCH better GPU.

The Comet Lake i7 is perfectly fine as well even more so since its coming out that the new intel chips are barely a performance bump but yet pull way more heat.

Your getting a MUCH better GPU and a better CPU upgrade for $500 difference. If you can actually find that GPU I think u will be happy with the build.

I would add a 1TB HD/SSD to throw games on tho. You will eat up that 500GB fast.
    yes its a prebuilt pc, im buying it from a company that builds pcs, they have it in stock.

what about:

PC Gaming Centurion, Intel i5-10400F 2.9GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6

1800 euro

is there a big difference between RTX 3060 and 3070?

yes its a prebuilt pc, im buying it from a company that builds pcs, they have it in stock.

what about:

PC Gaming Centurion, Intel i5-10400F 2.9GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6

1800 euro

There isn't a $300 difference between the RTX 3060 and 3070 (compared to your earlier build). Of the two I would go with the i7 (Personally using that one) that had the 16GB Ram and RTX 3060. Just add a second HD later down the line for storage.

what about:

1800 euro

Yes it is ... and it's a rather large one in favor of 3070. But depends a lot on how you intend to use it .. if you'll play 1080p @ 60 fps you won't see any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    PC Gaming Raptor5 Intel, Intel i5-10400F 2.9GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6

price is 1k euro

would this pc handle the games in the future 5 yrs? games like diablo 4 and the next elder scrolls?

dont need highest ultra settings, high or medium is enough.
    The Intel Alder Lake will be out next September/October, or then get an AMD. Socket 1200 will be dead with the Alder Lake, and the 11th generation is known to consume a lot of power wich means for most people it won't be worth the upgrade from 10th to the 11th genaration (the i5 11400 looks promising, but that is it).
    You won't find much better the gtx1660 avaiable for the time being.

Never to late to learn...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    (the i5 11400 looks promising, but that is it).
    The 11600k also looks decent, but the high end really doesn't, no.

10+ Year Old Account

Prices won't be back to normal this year.

Imo get the first PC you linked (which is the least overpriced) and then a couple of years from now, upgrade the GPU to whatever is good value at that point.