Page 1 of 2
LastLast

its getting hilarious how Blizz cant hit the broad side of a barn with changes

Let's lay the truth out there.

1. There's maybe 1-2 million that want to chase achieves etc.
    2. There's maybe 1-2 million that are collectors.
    3. There probably 17 million that want social play.

So Blizz is "experimenting" with all kinds of changes. Altering the time between Ulduar and ToC. Season of Mastery. Streamers are listing a huge array of proposed changes to get more people to play. And then everyone keeps running back to WoW classic vanilla. And they scratch their heads and can't figure it out or refuse to. Its because WoW classic vanilla is the social version of WoW.

Its really about social play. Social play needs to be grown and enhanced.

But I suspect almost the entire WoW dev team is introverted and hates interacting with people.

Its really obvious that all of the wow streamers are introverted and hates people. Asmongold hates people. Saavix hates people and wants solo queue. Nixxiom hates people. Preach hates people. Hazelnutty hates people and is almost a shut-in. And these are the types of people Blizz is drawing suggestions from.

I mean my god, look at that disaster called Season of Mastery. The primary change is to make everything easier and faster, which means people have less reason to talk and interact, so its the antisocial version of WoW classic vanilla. That is the absolute WORST possible idea for vanilla changes possible. And Blizz squared up and hit it.

Its hilarious watching Blizz screw up the same way over and over. They need to hire extroverted coders and devs who truly find joy in interacting with other people. But they are selling to MS, so who knows.

I can just see it already. They are going to consider every permutation of a classic vanilla wow server EXCEPT a social one.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2023-04-16 at 02:57 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    proceeds to make up some numbers, starts saying content creators hate people and insults them and finally claims people hate content coming out faster when we commonly see the forums complaining about nothing to do 2 months into each patch. /slowclap

lmao

double lmao

I thought this meme was dead? No one wants "social" gaming, it's not a thing. Day-1 mage boosting and spellcleave groups and no one inviting off-meta classes to anything proved it. People want lobbies, quick rounds, eternal progression systems, and enjoyable, repetitive gameplay. It's not 2004, no one is impressed by "Second Life" (except maybe cryptobros who think "Second Life but everything you do and own is publicly visible, forever, on the blockchain" is the future) anymore.

1. There's maybe 6543432 that want to chase achieves etc.
    2. There's maybe 1-2 trillion that are collectors.
    3. There probably 7 that want social play.
    I too like ascribing random numbers to things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Citation needed.

I feel like the number of obvious troll posts outnumber actual real posts.

Good job making up stuff that isnt even factually true.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's impressive having a 15 year old account, over 10k posts, and still post something like this

There hasn't been 17 million people playing wow since Wrath.
    "...just imagine if we got a Drust focussed shadowlands instead of the 3d printed robot power tier titan horseshit instead. What might have been eh?" -dope_danny

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh lol, a kokolum thread
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    It's impressive having a 15 year old account, over 10k posts, and still post something like this
    Probably the reason why some make new throwaway accounts for this stuff

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t get how anybody can take any thread seriously when they being with “let’s lay down the truth” then immediately proceed to post non-truths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Probably the reason why some make new throwaway accounts for this stuff
    Which this OP has done numerous times before, been called out for, and continues to do.

It seems he forgot to swap to his alt before making this thread.

WoW Classic and Retail have the potential to be just as social as Vanilla or any other version of WoW. The problem isn't the game, its people. Every choice you give the players between being social or not they chose not to interact with others whenever possible.

The only way to make WoW more social is to force players to be social. And that's what these threads always come down to, you want the game to force people to interact with you because your such an introvert you can't handle the stress of being a social person yourself.

Stop asking Blizzard to put a gun to my head to force me to talk to you, I don't want to talk to you.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    This is gonna be one of those threads where OP is never seen again until a new thread is made.
    Hi

and you know this, bcs despite having MORE oportunities and systems to be social ingame than in vanila people are not more social?

people who WANT TO can be social, people who dont want to never were, for some people in vanila peak of social interaction was whispering "inv" to someone who was spaming LFM in stormwind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    There hasn't been 17 million people playing wow since Wrath.
    not even then

I think you could maybe argue that if you get people to play socially that that is good for them and the game.

But the history of the game is pretty much the opposite of what you just said. The devs keep trying to reintroduce social gaming and immersive elements back into the game and the player base then ignores them and writes guides about how to skip all of it as efficiently as possible. And whenever the devs give up and introduce a convenient solo mode to some content it's immensely popular, even if it's an objectively boring way to play the game.

Social gaming might be the hero we need, but it's definitely not the hero we want :>
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    Trolls don't get banned and anyone calling them out will get infracted/banned themselves. Reports don't work. That is unfortunately how this forum works.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I think you could maybe argue that if you get people to play socially that that is good for them and the game.

But the history of the game is pretty much the opposite of what you just said. The devs keep trying to reintroduce social gaming and immersive elements back into the game and the player base then ignores them and writes guides about how to skip all of it as efficiently as possible. And whenever the devs give up and introduce a convenient solo mode to some content it's immensely popular, even if it's an objectively boring way to play the game.

Social gaming might be the hero we need, but it's definitely not the hero we want :>
    pretty much this, OP and handful of other people talk about how everyone wants to be social, but NOTHING is stoping them quite the opposite, yet very few people are social... its pretty clear most people simply dont want to be social

So Blizz is "experimenting" with all kinds of changes. Altering the time between Ulduar and ToC. Season of Mastery. Streamers are listing a huge array of proposed changes to get more people to play. And then everyone keeps running back to WoW classic vanilla. And they scratch their heads and can't figure it out or refuse to. Its because WoW classic vanilla is the social version of WoW.

But I suspect almost the entire WoW dev team is introverted and hates interacting with people.

Its really obvious that all of the wow streamers are introverted and hates people. Asmongold hates people. Saavix hates people and wants solo queue. Nixxiom hates people. Preach hates people. Hazelnutty hates people and is almost a shut-in. And these are the types of people Blizz is drawing suggestions from.

I mean my god, look at that disaster called Season of Mastery. The primary change is to make everything easier and faster, which means people have less reason to talk and interact, so its the antisocial version of WoW classic vanilla. That is the absolute WORST possible idea for vanilla changes possible. And Blizz squared up and hit it.

Its hilarious watching Blizz screw up the same way over and over. They need to hire extroverted coders and devs who truly find joy in interacting with other people. But they are selling to MS, so who knows.

I can just see it already. They are going to consider every permutation of a classic vanilla wow server EXCEPT a social one.

This is the dumbest thing i've read both today and yesterday. Good job

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How to say a lot without saying anything at all, well done.

Quit the projecting and come up with just 1 idea or suggestion you think would improve the game instead of acting like an armchair game director.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    This is the dumbest thing i've read both today and yesterday. Good job
    And probably tomorrow too