Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    That's not a problem. Part of being hardcore is swallowing and accepting the entire shit on the plate Blizzard gives you. Anything less and you aren't hardcore. Eat the turd.
    By that logic, being casual is swallowing and accepting that you will not be able to obtain all the gear, and will have to settle for lower powered gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    By that logic, being casual is swallowing and accepting that you will not be able to obtain all the gear, and will have to settle for lower powered gear.
    Nope. Because theirs a very easy out for casual players. You simple quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Nope. Because theirs a very easy out for casual players. You simple quit the game.
    What a strange statement - you are suggesting this is an option only for "casual" players, like a hardcore player cant and wont do exactly the same thing.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a strange statement - you are suggesting this is an option only for "casual" players, like a hardcore player cant and wont do exactly the same thing.
    Sure they can but they've largely proven they won't. Despite all their bitching about mandatory content they went and did it anyway and remained subbed. They are by definition less likely to quit,their commitment being much more "hardcore". Besides they exist jn such small number it wouldn't matter if they did. All two of them could quit tmmrw and who gives a shit who gives a fuck.

Besides they exist jn such small number it wouldn't matter if they did. All two of them could quit tmmrw and who gives a shit who gives a fuck.
    2 casuals quitting is less important than 2 hardcore quitting, hardcore players bring way more $ than a simple casual via carries, unless those 2 casuals buy carries too, the issue is when the amount of casuals quitting offsets the amount of $ made with carries from the hardcore players, i can tell you i made 4M gold with carries before quitting waiting for 9.1, translate that into $.

Sure they can but they've largely proven they won't. Despite all their bitching about mandatory content they went and did it anyway and remained subbed. They are by definition less likely to quit,their commitment being much more "hardcore". Besides they exist jn such small number it wouldn't matter if they did. All two of them could quit tmmrw and who gives a shit who gives a fuck.
    And Joe Casual isn't bringing in the revenue of 10 years ago so casuals quitting mean even less than ever. (Hint: They aren't, they're just climbing onto forums after their 10 hours a day in game to say they had quit before they go back the next day for their "casual" obsession......yupp just casually breathing oxygen by hyperventilating.....)

Meanwhile events and other streaming things etc via "hardcores" brings far more money to the company even if they're in smaller numbers.

Sure they can but they've largely proven they won't.
    Link to this proof? Or is this just another case of "my opinion which cannot be substantiated in any way should be taken as a fact"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Link to this proof? Or is this just another case of "my opinion which cannot be substantiated in any way should be taken as a fact"?
    Its fairly self evident to be honest. They are by definition hardcore so they are less likely to quit because they're more invested. This is axiomatic.

Its fairly self evident to be honest. They are by definition hardcore so they are less likely to quit because they're more invested. This is axiomatic.
    I hope the hardcores enjoy it when Activision-Blizzard monetizes that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I love how you guys use whatever personal definition of hardcore / casual you think fits your argument best. I think its "fairly self evident" that many of those who claim to be "casual" are horribly addicted to the game, and tend to spend far MORE time playing than the majority of "hardcore" players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I hope the hardcores enjoy it when Activision-Blizzard monetizes that.
    Monetizes what exactly?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-09 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you guys use whatever personal definition of hardcore / casual you think fits your argument best.

- - - Updated - - -

Monetizes what exactly?
    Its not really a personal definition. Unless you somehow think the word "casual" implies more investment in the game than the word "hardcore" and thats a you thing not really an English language thing. Well I just saw your edit and apparently you do.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-05-09 at 08:30 PM.

Its not really a personal definition. Unless you somehow think the word "casual" implies more investment in the game than the word "hardcore" and thats a you thing not really an English language thing.
    Cool - now that you have made claim to be an authority on the definition of casual vs hardcore in this context, please provide it in your reply. Thats all I want from you - your definition of casual, and your definition of hardcore, in relation to World of Warcraft.

Monetizes what exactly?
    Monetizes their devotion/addiction to the game. The rational thing for Activision-Blizzard to do is ratchet up the $$$ cost of being a hardcore until they are just barely staying subbed. Selling BIS items in a cash shop, for example. I think the "systems" thing is getting folks ready for that. Hardcore = exploitable.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool - now that you have made claim to be an authority on the definition of casual vs hardcore in this context, please provide it in your reply. Thats all I want from you - your definition of casual, and your definition of hardcore, in relation to World of Warcraft.
    Well evidently you seem to be under the impression that the word casual does imply more investment so ill leave ridiculous butchering of the meaning of words to you.

Uh... yes? This is literally the reality. How are you confused here?

Well evidently you seem to be under the impression that the word casual does imply more investment so ill leave ridiculous butchering of the meaning of words to you.
    So you are unable to answer the question - that's all you needed to say; "actually, I cant answer that question" or simply not reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Uh... yes? This is literally the reality. How are you confused here?
    Based on the endless complaints and tears of "give us more gear, this isnt fair!!!" they are NOT accepting it.......How are you confused here? Its literally the topic of the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are unable to answer the question - that's all you needed to say; "actually, I cant answer that question" or simply not reply.
    You've already provided a definition albeit one that is incredible ignorant of the meaning of words. I bow to your expertise in not understanding the English language. You could also simple not reply but ill let you have the last word chief.

Monetizes their devotion/addiction to the game. The rational thing for Activision-Blizzard to do is ratchet up the $$$ cost of being a hardcore until they are just barely staying subbed. Selling BIS items in a cash shop, for example. I think the "systems" thing is getting folks ready for that. Hardcore = exploitable.
    You didnt answer the question - monetize WHAT exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

You've already provided a definition albeit one that is incredible ignorant of the meaning of words. I bow to your expertise in not understanding the English language.
    Please quote where i provided a definition of casual or hardcore. But i will caution you - there are countless threads on this very forum, this being one of them, where self identified "casuals" are asking for a MORE TIME CONSUMING way to obtain gear, because they have time, but are not willing or able to play any challenging content.

You didnt answer the question - monetize WHAT exactly?
    I explained fully what I meant. Read it again and think until you understand what I wrote.

I explained fully what I meant. Read it again and think until you understand what I wrote.
    Your specific example is this:

Selling BIS items in a cash shop, for example

But you fail to understand that the players spending all the money on things like this are the causals - THEY would buy that shit, not hardcore players. Why would hardcore players buy gear they are more than capable of obtaining themselves? Casuals on the other hand......And obviously this is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion, as it would kill their entire competitive scene.

You are just coming across as a bitter and twisted individual, who want competitive and skilled players to be punished for being......better than you? Or are you one of those individuals who think "hardcore" just means "plays a lot"?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-09 at 09:44 PM.