Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    DS male trolls not having a non-hunched back option.
    Adding to this: Female trolls, orcs, and undead not having a hunched option. The alpha troll female looked so cool, like a proper hag.

Also, buff Draenei females and scrawny males plz Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Animations
    That they removed the race unique combat animations in favour of the same animations for all classes no matter the race still infuriates me. My Tauren shammy now moves like any other shammy and has lost a lot of her unique flair.
    They also did this in Legion, right before we got an expansion (BFA) that focused on race pride. Boggles my mind.
    I miss the old female human Hand of Justice animation. That jump and spin was so cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    As for your comment, I also have a problem with unused or even unmade models. How many races have they introduced over the years who don't even have a female model? Ogres, broken, BC arakkoa, wretched are a few that come to mind.
    I've always held that the ogre model with the chain 'suspenders' and
    bra cups' was the female (yes, I know it's not flagged as such internally). That it's otherwise identical to the other model is simply because to us humans all ogres look alike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

Intellect not giving larger mana pools. No idea why they changed this but it has annoyed me from the day they did it. Similar to health bars, a mana bar would show the relative power of a caster. With all the gear standardization lately, hp bar does generally reflect the power level of a character but still I liked it when mana did that for casters. Plus getting enough mana for another cast of your primary heal or something was always nice. Now healers are stuck with the same number of available casts (barring special encounters/trinkets), with the only meaningful change being the power of your spells.
    They did it because mana scaling with Int, plus spell power scaling with Int meant there was too much power climb over an expansion for casters and healers. I miss it too, but I understand why it was removed.

As for using hit points as a indicator of gear - it's deceptive when comparing between classes because a number of classes (Warlocks and Warriors primarily) have more hit points than the rest either because of a class buff or because of other factors (Fury Warriors with two Two-Handers get a lot of extra Stamina from the weapons, for example). This is especially true of tanks, where some specs get huge health pools, and others supposedly just rely on not getting hit too hard.

The thing I miss that's not coming back is old-style gearing (say from BC to Cata or Mists). I miss having hit and expertise caps that you made you gear sets around. It made getting a new piece of gear a lot more interesting. Yes, people griped about it, but they were engaged.

Hand in had with the above is stat Customisation enchants, gems, and then reforging. The latter was probably unnecessary, but the former two were absolutely part of the old gearing model. Gems these days are just a powerup bonus, like warforging, and that's really boring. Back in BC and Wrath gear had lots of sockets on it (and they were more or less paid for in the ilevel stat budget), and they gave you the ability to customise your gear to meet caps, or to make it a bit less terrible for your spec if the base stats on it were poor.

Another gripe, related to your comment on Int and mana (and I did like the way you could customise your rotation for short or long fights with mana-using specs), because this has also largely gone because of scaling considerations. Back in the day, once Blizzard had moved past 'rotations' that were either 'spam Frostbolt all day' or at most 'hit A then B' or 'hit A five times then B' they had a lot of rotations where you had 'if A crits, B comes off cooldown' and so on. These days almost all of these either do very passive background things ('if A crits, get a little mana back') or they are 'a chance of using A resetting B's cooldown'. This makes secondary stats stand out less one from the other, and makes scaling less extreme, so I get why they did it. However, it makes getting better gear much less interesting because it doesn't change rotations up much unless a talent choice changes with improved gear and that talent change alters the rotation, or pissible stacking mastery changing ability priorities in some specs. This is why Haste is about the only secondary that actually feels good to stack these days - it makes rotations feel smoother, nothing else does much past giving bigger numbers.

So, TL;DR - I miss the older style of gear and rotations. They were more interesting.

Every ranged mob now shoots at you a few times, then starts moving away from you, and you have to chase it halfway across the map to kill it. Or it teleports behind you every few seconds, so you have to keep turning around to hit it. Yeah, that's really fun.

And it's not just in WoW - it's in so many games now it's like everybody is just cutting and pasting code from each other.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    The flight master not being in the same place 100% of the time on Oribos when zoning in.

No idea why it would'nt be.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

- Wrong position of world quests on the map.
    - Bugged macros for opening tradeskills window (you have to change zone or logout/login to fix it).
    - Mute bgm when alt-tab.

Accurate boundaries of effects and spells.

No player dazed and evasion mechanics mentioned yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    sheer amount of toys/pets/mounts - used to be able to almost keep up with it no its crazy and pointless less you are "hard core" into collecting

things removed the game, seriously use CoT add back Nax 40 for farming, old school ZG, etc... with mounts

not having bad luck protection on mounts from xpacs older than 1-2 expacs ago..
    That's just a result of game systems expansion. Back in the day there wasn't that much content and you could do everything. On the other hand, people only interested in a certain area had basically nothing to do once they were done with their part. Completionist content becoming a viable endgame path is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    The flight master not being in the same place 100% of the time on Oribos when zoning in.

Not sure if I understand correctly, but the FP is always in the same place. I'm guessing the problem is that you yourself are at a different position when you HS to the inn as opposed to porting from SW portal for example.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    sheer amount of toys/pets/mounts - used to be able to almost keep up with it no its crazy and pointless less you are "hard core" into collecting

things removed the game, seriously use CoT add back Nax 40 for farming, old school ZG, etc... with mounts

not having bad luck protection on mounts from xpacs older than 1-2 expacs ago..
    There's so many toys because they started locking them to expansions... MoP, WoD, and Legion all had different glider toys that wouldn't work in unrelated zones. None of which worked in BFA. So we end up needing a different version of the same toy every expansion.

Which is one of my pet peeves. So many toys are essentially less than useless now...they straight up cannot be used period.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post

While I thought the same as you for a long time, it is not moving, it's just that the teleport pads makes you think it moves by turning your camera around and seemingly not having a logic to their teleportation. But on the map you can see that the flight master is always in the same location.

...unless I misunderstood what you were saying?

I fucking hate that I can't use roll or flying serpent on my monk in BG carrying a flag, but DH and warrior can jump million times or druid can fuck off to Africa with travel form.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    switch off the UI on the character screen to take nice, clean screenshots of my characters idling
    But the old logos/UI reminds you what era those snapshots were taken, and takes you all those years back!

NOSTALGIA EXPLOSION.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    How static characters are on mounts. A little animation would go a long way.
    When I made a Goblin alt, I noticed right away that they did a little "How you doin', baby?" thing where they leaned to the side and checked out their mount.

Always like that.

If u have water walking and are swimming in the water with a dragon, it won't let you jump back above the surface in non flying environments. Really annoying as a dk to be in water, pop path of frost, mount up, then be unable to actually walk on water with your mount. Its like u hit a little invisible wall

For me it's two things sort of connected. The new zones being separated islands and always having to fly to Oribos to get between zones.

The new zones being their own little islands sucks. Makes traveling to the next zone annoying, and kinda kills the immersion factor. I much prefer expansions to have one large continent with all the zones connected together.

And then why do we have to go through the main city Oribos when flying between these new zones? It just adds more time for traveling.

That stupid "bubble" that spawns whenever you mount up.

No idea why they did add it.

Gnomes and Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The problem here is that your character would inevitably bob up and down out of sync with the mount's movement, because each one moves differently. Boar mount vs Wandering Ancient is an extreme example that comes to mind. Then crazy stuff like the mount specials....
    Rather than it being an excuse, it should be something they take into consideration when creating new mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Weapon/armor/ect. models that we'll never get that NPCs have. I don't mean the super epic ones like say Turalyon's sword. Things like the void elf weapons, dark iron weapons...or the silver recolored warfront elite set. So many amazing things that I'd love to have that'll never happen, it seems.
    Remember back in early Legion when you had to turn in work orders to get your weekly artifact knowledge? The npc druids turn their orders into has this absolutely gorgeous recolor of our classic Cenarion Raiment. The green is replaced with a beautiful shade of blue, and the green such as on the shoulders is snow white. I have never been so jealous of a transmog in my life.

https://imgur.com/Rr9g27V
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    The tiny things that annoys me: gnomes.
    I was looking for this comment. The tiny annoying things are gnomes and goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inconsistency of interactable quest items

It's obnoxious. You have a quest to gather widgets from the ground in an area. You go in, some other player is there, he clicks the widget. Does it disappear on your client or just on his? Who knows! Every quest is different! Hurray!

They should all be shared, so that if he clicks the widget, it disappears on his client, but stays on mine

Faction Tagging

Outside of Warmode, why does this exist anymore? Just let everyone who damages a quest mob get credit for it.

WTS Spam in LFG

Either enforce it, or stop pretending it's against the rules
    Putin khuliyo