Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like some people want to go back to more simple times in the World of Warcraft universe where the greatest threat were giant dragons, bandits living in mines, a fire monster living in the center of the world, and members of an enemy nation occasionally attacking your border towns.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with that. The scale at which WoW's story has progressed is massive but it needed to go in that direction (in my opinion). Blizzard has always been criticized for their story telling capability; if they had better writers to present the story they are trying to tell (consider everything from WoD to SL) do you think we would have been more receptive?

What other company could have told this story better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. The story is horrible right now and needs a reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it already speculated that the cosmic forces fight among each other for domination over all universe once in a while and after the war, the whole universe resets? We are already heading towards such scenario with all the known cosmic forces preparing for some kind of great war. Maybe we will see a reset in ten years?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Imagine if on next expansion we wake up in the infarmary of our starting zone and he hear "hey are you ok? a wolf/boar knocked you out, what are you talking about sylvanas and pandas ? get up you have to clean up the farms around here"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Imagine if on next expansion we wake up in the infarmary of our starting zone and he hear "hey are you ok? a wolf/boar knocked you out, what are you talking about sylvanas and pandas ? get up you have to clean up the farms around here"

Even worse... what if we wake up in our Garrisons on AU Draenor and realize we never left...

Absolute horror/10

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    no. no more time travel, no more alternate realities

those are just cheap outs for writers who write themselves into holes, and considering we've already had both adding them back would just be the worst idea imaginable.
    Still better than Shadowlands

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't believe wow writers have what it takes to continue this franchise with a reset, we already saw how they are acting like monkeys with the established lore they had(you know, breaking throwing shit on it) so a reset could be even worse if they don't have something to hold on, unless they decide to take grom middle mop and reset on that.

Saying that, i believe a timeskip would do better, cause it would still on top of established lore, even the ones they already made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reset of the universe, no. No thank you.

Update of the worlds and their status, yes please.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Even worse... what if we wake up in our Garrisons on AU Draenor and realize we never left...

Absolute horror/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, leave that to actual dumpster fires like ff14.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Still better than Shadowlands
    That’s like being in a competition for be Azeroth’s tallest gnome. Who cares lol

I agree SL is arguably the worst expac or at the best, the second worst

Soft reboot, sure. Most iconic characters are narrative dead ends right now. A full reset, probably not.

Soft reboot would work, either a new game like Warcraft IV, or stop making expansions temporarily to start working on a new generation of characters, enemies and story arc. Legion was where it should end WoW's story before moving to something newer.

500 years of peace. time jump into the future. the ways of the past have been abandoned and long forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wat.

Did they run out of ideas or did they not run out of ideas? Make up your mind.
    If you read any of what I was saying, you'd understand I meant they ran out of ideas on what they could do with established lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    FUCK NO. We had enough of his Gary Stu self insert bullshit back in BFA.

In his world, Sylvanas is Warchief of the World and Nathanos is her personal plaything.
    Then firing him is the only option. I'd prefer it much more over anything else, but clearly it just.. isn't an option.

Best thing to do is just let him create and set his own visions instead of fucking up the visions of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    If you read any of what I was saying, you'd understand I meant they ran out of ideas on what they could do with established lore.
    So? You're still not making sense. That established lore only exists because they created it in the first place. Warcraft lore isn't one single person's creation that is now being "destroyed" by others.

Not in wow. But I wouldn't mind some warcraft games in an alternate universe. That way we could get like an RTS set during WoW but things wouldn't have to follow all the nonsense that was required to keep the faction conflict going and stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This.

There is no hope for Warcraft under the current creative team. In fact, I don't think there is hope for Warcraft without Metzen at the helm, period.

Also, some things aren't meant to go on for forever. Some things aren't meant to have a billion reboot storylines like a DC or Marvel comic. Sometimes, something just needs to freaking end, like a manga or an anime or a JRPG storyline. "I've told the story! And now it's time to go tell a new one." WoW's story has a pretty natural (and satisfying) ending with MoP 5.4, and had WoW not been forced to keep going on for financial reasons I'm pretty sure it would have ended there, just like how SC2 ended with LotV and there is nothing after that.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no hope for any new good Warcraft story to come out. Cherish the good WoW story that Metzen created and move on with your life. Find new stories to enjoy and become fans of.
    Mop had was heavily leading into another legion invasion and “rebuilding the final Titan”, there was no chance it would end with 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honest answer: Nobody knows. Literally. We don't.

But hey..what does "reset lore" even mean? Tell everything differently? No Thrall, no dark portal, No Khadgar, No Arthas? etc

In that case: Why not play another game?
    Admittedly, the idea of starting over from Warcraft III is actually a pretty good one. I can see that turning out okay, even with the current writers. I'd rather a complete change in writers if that were to happen, but I could see it turning out okay.