Custom Weakaura function for 'Message Contains'

Hi all

I'm trying to make a WeakAura that will constantly display how long it is since a message was last posted containing a specific phrase. So the first time the message is posted I would want the timer to start counting up, the next time it is posted it should then reset to zero and start counting up again.

I have tried to do this with Trigger -> Other Events -> Chat Message -> Message Contains -> my phrase

The problem is I want the text to be displayed all the time, so I have to set the hide duration of the trigger to 0. I then use Actions (I also tried Conditions) to save the time the trigger was "Showed" or "Active"

The problem is that since the duration is set to 0, the trigger never stops "being active" after it is first activated, so even if the phrase is reposted, the timer isn't reset. But if I don't set the duration to 0, the text disappears which I don't want

Basically I would like a way to do this, and the easiest way I can think of is with a custom function. That way I could, inside the trigger, reset the timer whenever a message comes in with the matching phrase. Does anyone know event I would have to listen for and so on? I assume this can be done as a custom function since WeakAuras can do it already

!WA:2!1rvqVTrru4y5dGwHqPguHw4WQGQRTkeIAfPNqqwlBAc2jPR3qcIdBMDN36DGDNzyMzDI7LkzXbo7Fc(mN8ro Md98Qi(f0Fc9xaVzxNcfrhjR5np)EZ8999EVTXGw5TOTO)EBLOWKX4G6OtcgU)H99Jfzc1bnXL8buMwMrMfaxActeQ CIjugAy5qiDgNKZIdnPkqNkYOZwgxOnICBSYNNuWJnmbVtxhxCXsCjfksiWNUTnDxtkWR(h7sbMcf3njtiuD6057at agtNUUFXBMv3VC3D6wFHqMgUjVTonLy(MTQ9ZPo4p1SJss0G5jFB))8PBGRveECQqDSGXnr96FyqFFP7BND1NAi38F 40jskXarfvBVKuGUjgw8PmQj1Bp8OIuXy9U(AdrzAVGkcRt)8O6D5DEtr4RDFnvJsyCMo1Xd3mTlV15LTk)G5gfBYe qPF)2Q1MVWZmtc(WuGBEPUiQYyCrsc7YvH92BCq44G98dMtXhYIMw7i3mh0AYeiuib0PqTeFlAN7Fp9976vGpxKvea LADClYN5ktvenmxlHSS9PANY7CvpuKDhvhYQcneUo8Z9Xgbq78A0CScq04p(4(dhUKIkwssaIz1t6p84bNmCrbFnxC K3YkztHG6ZJeu4p2q(j)VLLAdFRUrFfwebfNK9dO2GK8NMFHqrpvrKZpDTHxIGBKBoqXEM7tliuK4e3GGLii9Hj2YK JxMGqheziziOVTFErMH54Huo(2Lp2XpoJO1wlpn7zG1yU9ohJh6EToLqfxCwDtwZLQQR0YspdI6LXcoLv1mC32(XPq 8V0U8JAoFkrXirzGhoWCHkoLWNa2iMsYkWxWwXLkBvYCZWumkjYp7T3NkvqmZkbnxq4S8Qs(ULBo4kalFJnkGpXK(o LFShxWHRVPPi02dP0GfM652qTqV8aVCcJpOCFmHYdk)(YHLJW9p8)6zn7)XA2)PBO(zeRSKzEd7piyPrepTUS8UF(d 2IrVYhIvfSQ(C1Q)fvK39EXU5mEHb0UAgpgCrj34kfAZQef2uHealBnFv9S7aRllqJg3ZVF)dFybJU6StE4x17W4Dn )6JJq6KWM4OU8Mz)NNoYo7FnoSI5FKSQI4SQg(9Q(mxJgnAIZdxc0Qb5F79wX41smgRZcnKLu)ndVJccoAulT)J2(r BVtRP)1z)9p

Kind regards,
    Ulverbeast

There are a bunch of different events depending on the type of message.

For example CHAT_MSG_SAY for messages sent with /say.
    Or the various CHAT_MSG_MONSTER_* and CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_* events for messages from NPCs.

There's a list on Wowpedia
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Events#C_ChatInfo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but you could maybe add a 2nd trigger that checks for something thats always gonna be true, and set activation to "any triggers". For instance, if it's something you want to do during combat, you add a second trigger that checks if combat is true. Or you add a second trigger that checks if you have a certain spell you always have. You can then have the count trigger do whatever you want.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but it's a something I use sometimes in my WAs.
    Warlock (SL main)