Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Oh, I know exactly what they're for. They let me convert gold into game time and a whale pays to conversion fee for me.
    And in the meantime, Blizz prints 5 dollars out of thin air. You being able to play "for free" is just the carrot on the stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And in the meantime, Blizz prints 5 dollars out of thin air. You being able to play "for free" is just the carrot on the stick.
    Not really, because I'm not the one paying. The carrot is the in-game gold the token purchaser gets. That they get it via Blizzard and a percentage of what I pay evaporates in AH fees is also handy for Blizzard.

You do realise that the gold Blizzard sells is bought from other players, right? What the system actually does is let a player pay Blizzard real money to be allowed to sell their game time to another player for in-game gold. For this privilege Blizzard charges an extra five bucks over the standard fee for a month. The token system does not add gold into the server economy, and you're not actually buying the gold from Blizzard either.
    Causes inflation though, and removes gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Causes inflation though, and removes gameplay.
    How does it cause inflation? The token system removes gold from the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I spend 95% of my time in the zones..

I rarely raid, and spend even less time in dungeons.. However, there is ALWAYS a lot to do in uninstanced world.
    I'm genuinely curious as someone who hasn't done a world quests for at least 4 months now.

What DO you do?

How does it cause inflation? The token system removes gold from the game.
    It puts it into the hands of people you need it and therefore spend it Simple economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    If there would be actual content for casuals. Torghast is just not enough
    yeah, nothing like adding content that doesnt offer player power to really jumpstart a playerbase....

playerbase spends more time complaining about the game than they ever did playing it.

I love a lot of things about Shadowlands.

But man, not having Covenants abilites be a kind of selactable/swappable talent, is such a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

For a launch tier I'm enjoying it a lot more than Wotlk, Cata or BFA. Nathria is fun (my guild is only 8/10m so I don't mind we have more time to work on last 2 bosses) and dungeons are for the most part good, though 1 or 2 more wouldn't have hurt IMO.

Biggest issue for me is a small issue but something like Archeology or a pet dungeon, or something more on the side would have been nice.

I can't think of what would make the expac amazing as it is, without massively changing things. But if it's to bring it on a level of being good, then I'd want them to go back to the Legion/BFA style WQs as a first step. At least with that, it'll keep me occupied with minor things to do. As it is now, I dread having to do any WQs unless I remember if a particular one was simple to do.

I'm okay with Torghast in terms of how it plays atm. I would have liked for them to add more control over the power selection so you don't get saddled with mismatched powers with no synergy half the time. Plus some minor cosmetics for rewards, like the Islands. They seem to be already already addressing some of those things in 9.1 so I gotta wait and see if that fixes things for me.

I would also liked if they bumped back the gold you get for doing old raids but that seems the most unlikely change they would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    SL has obvious slacking, the easiest example is zones, even BFA had bigger zones (also half of them are faction specific), Maw is worst max zone area in wow history imo (u can say silithus is no question worse, but silithus wasn't only max zone in classic)
    the more time pass, the less my hope is for SL, covenant spells are great, i love torghast, but u get a joke of anima (heard it got buffed, but way too fucking late i already left), updates are mia (the worst x.1 patch delay in wow history), and covenants switching for serious players is brutally punishing, and why exactly we need to go to a capital every single time u want to move from a zone to next?
    SL fresh paint coat is losing its shine way too fast, and the fact that i know by next exp i'll forget all covenant abilities make me even less interested in borrowed power system
    WoW needs a serious overhaul like how Legion did to WoD, SL seems a less watered down version of legion, but still 'legion', yeah more than BFA but when u compare to worst (or 2nd worst) exp in wow history u fucked up, instead of compare it to wrath for example
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Zones are cool asf. Characters are ok. Systems are the big issue, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    Shadowlands already has the feel of an expansion that released its last patch. I don't know what they were thinking when taking ages for 9.1. Don't get me wrong I liked Shadowlands on release and I actually played it a lot but we would've waited more than 6 months on the 23rd of May for the next content patch.
    "God, why can't things be as quick and efficient as they normally are. A global pandemic is no exception for tardiness! I want it and I want it NOW!"

-.-*

Do you see how ridiculous it sounds in the context of the world? The entire world is on a delayed schedule right now. Accept that things will be delayed for the next five years and move on with it.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2021-05-15 at 07:12 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I'm genuinely curious as someone who hasn't done a world quests for at least 4 months now.

What DO you do?
    WQs, pet battles, farm rares for mounts..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Could be better of they made a covenant ability for each spec instead of class. Would be much easier to tune and some of the problems players have with it would be mostly gone.

But most of all, it would be truly amazing if it came before garbage BfA since then I had more time playing WoW. Love the Covenants!

Quote Originally Posted by John Croquette View Post
    I can't think of what would make the expac amazing as it is, without massively changing things. But if it's to bring it on a level of being good, then I'd want them to go back to the Legion/BFA style WQs as a first step. At least with that, it'll keep me occupied with minor things to do. As it is now, I dread having to do any WQs unless I remember if a particular one was simple to do.
    The first thing I'd like them to do is make sure that a given zone has at least six normal (i.e. not profession or pet battle) WQs up at any time. Having a calling for three WQs in Bastion, looking at the map and seeing that Bastion has all of four WQ's up and they all suck so I have to choose which one I hate least is not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Could be better of they made a covenant ability for each spec instead of class. Would be much easier to tune and some of the problems players have with it would be mostly gone.
    My first thought reading this was: "It'd be impossible to balance!" Then I realised that I thought that of Legion's weapons when I first heard of them, and they managed to balance all those. In fact, if the convenant spells were spec by spec they'd be easier to balance because they'd only need to be balanced for that one spec, so no harder than talents. OTOH, how many dead talents do we have? How many have been dead since WoD or even MoP?

My first thought reading this was: "It'd be impossible to balance!" Then I realised that I thought that of Legion's weapons when I first heard of them, and they managed to balance all those. In fact, if the convenant spells were spec by spec they'd be easier to balance because they'd only need to be balanced for that one spec, so no harder than talents. OTOH, how many dead talents do we have? How many have been dead since WoD or even MoP?
    Yeah, it would be a lot easier to balance since you don't have to take 1, 2 or even 3 more specs into consideration if an ability is too good or too bad. They could just tune it, and it wouldn't affect other specs when doing so.

An example of a good one is the Venthyr one for mages. It procs different things for each spec. Not optimal by any means, but a lot easier than to balance lets say, Convoke which is mostly the same for each druid spec.

This is why I mean that if every ability was to be free to pick for anyone, with no restriction as some players wants:

A fucking mess to balance. They just can't do that.

And indeed, it would be great if talents could be tuned better so you could have better choices. I just guess it's a lot of work, and thats why we got a class ability instead for Covenants. Lazy? Maybe.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-05-16 at 03:01 AM.

I think that if the designers had been able to release the game they wanted, the SL would be viewed as one of the best. Unfortunately, the game we got is what the bean-counters wanted: gating, endless anima grinding etc all serve to drive up MAUs.