Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Yeah that big Jewish vote in our swing states like Ohio are really going to change the outcome.

Please stop.
    They will because Isreal is needed to usher in the end times, which they want to happen, because it's the only way to confirm they are right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I don't think it's white washing to say that we should avoid trying to blame America for something happening on the other side of the planet two centuries after the fact. But if we've reached the "cowboys and Indians is genocide denial" stage of leftist discourse I'm just gonna tap out. This conflict isn’t a test of moral purity.
    "Leftist discourse"

Well, easy to dismiss anything you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Why do you think being Jewish means you blindly support the Israeli government? You know it's funny the only time there's this Jewish brotherhood is times like this or when money is needed. Most of the time Israelis make it a point to look down at American Jews because they don't live in Israel almost like they are deserters.
    It's kind of weird that Israelis expect diaspora Jews to sacrifice our well-being for them, when they can't even be bothered to spare a thought for us, much less actively work to make things worse for us.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's white washing to say that we should avoid trying to blame America for something happening on the other side of the planet two centuries after the fact. But if we've reached the "cowboys and Indians is genocide denial" stage of leftist discourse I'm just gonna tap out. This conflict isn’t a test of moral purity.
    You're only saying that because you're failing.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I expect a substantial uptick in support for Israel among moderate Americans, both because of the horror of the attack and seeing the domestic anti-Semies that are outright gloating about the attack. Among normal Americans, there isn't much that would be apt to boost support for Israel that weirdos chanting "glory to the martyrs" on college campuses during the week of Israel's 9/11.
    I think you are reading too much into the impact of weirdos on Twitter. The average person does not care about fringe garbage like that. The US media has already begun engaging in a surprising amount of criticism toward's Israel's response.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is an important point we and many others in the region are aware of.

As the century will move forward - US will more and more focus on its biggest adversary in the next 50 years - China. I expect within a decade or two there will be something serious with Taiwan. Japan and Korea will get increasingly more nervous about China's ambitions and actions. The whole hotbed of global tug of war will move there.

That said I don't think "oil" is the name of the game here, because if that was the main thing of US here - then why the fuck prop Israel to this extent. US will need their satellites one way or another and Israel proved to be a little resilient motherfucker that quite clearly stands with US in the region, as opposed to many other more of a fair weather friends. Then of course, it's a counterbalance to Iran, which is a pal of China.

It all connects one way or another in one huge mess like in that red strings blackboard guy meme. And because it's a meme - nobody can truly predict what exactly will happen in the next 50 years.

Who the fuck knows, maybe there will be a revolution in Iran and suddenly US loving government will rise, making Israel much less important for US in the area. Or hell, maybe "revolution" will happen in US that will similarly flip the coin against Israel there.

But in the end - it's really 4D chess here blabbering here. I REALLY don't think Hamas planned this all that far away, if anything maybe their Iran handlers did, with Hamas just being a sacrificial pawn for all this.
    China is a massive ally for Israel, so this is just incoherent babbling.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    "Leftist discourse"

Well, easy to dismiss anything you say.
    Like I give a shit? I'm sorry I failed to achieve whatever arbitrary standard you have for considering the value of a random dude on a gaming forum's opinion.

Like I give a shit? I'm sorry I failed to achieve whatever arbitrary standard you have for considering the value of a random dude on a gaming forum's opinion.
    It's just a good dog whistle to know the person if full of shit.

Appreciate you letting us know is all, so we can dismiss what you say out right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    You honestly believe Christians give a shit about us? Take a look at how they respond to threats against us like the Tree of Life shooting or Elon Musk. That should show you how much they honestly care.
    You know what is really going to effect American elections, oil projected to hit $150/barrel. Biden can endorse Israel until he turns blue in the face, people are already pissed because life is expensive, this will throw the economy and people over the edge and he can kiss his presidency goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's just a good dog whistle to know the person if full of shit.

Appreciate you letting us know is all, so we can dismiss what you say out right.
    Sounds like you just wanted a reason to tell me you don't give a shit about what I have to say. That's fine but you don't have to announce it to the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps more to the point, it's really not just the Jewish vote. PACOX is doing a typical mind thing - he doesn't care, so the average voter doesn't care. The American politics of this won't sort themselves out for a bit, but I would be very surprised if this just turned into a complete non-issue over the next few months. The current approach being taken by Biden seems popular outside of everyone other than the far-left that want to side with Palestine and Republicans that are just such total hacks that they would never say a kind word about Biden.
    It's like I actually do research before I post

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion...-palestinians/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...s-in-5-charts/

Oh shit, looks like people don't really give 2 fucks about at the Israeli government and well wishes for people on both sides of the conflict.

Americans generally don't know about the politics of Israel or over it with negative views towards the Israeli government.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2023-10-13 at 09:12 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    You're only saying that because you're failing.
    Failing at what, exactly? I don't even disagree with the guy I just find the parallel reductive to the point that it detracts from the conversation completely.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It's like I actually do research before I post

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion...-palestinians/

Oh shit, looks like people don't really give 2 fucks about at the Israeli government and well wishes for people on both sides of the conflict.

Americans generally don't know about the politics of Israel or over it with negative views towards the Israeli government.
    Man, I wonder if anything has happened recently that would boost the salience of Israel? Nah, probably not. Good call on demonstrating your point with that poll.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you just wanted a reason to tell me you don't give a shit about what I have to say. That's fine but you don't have to announce it to the world.
    That guy's entire posting history is an endless spam of being like, "ha, so you admit that you're a terrible person!". If I were inclined to use the block function, he'd be a top candidate.

If there would be 50 dead and 30 hostages, it would have already been a quite a lot, but for that you don't plan an invasion with 1500-2000 strong force of terrorists breaching from 18 locations.

And anything moderately more than that - would probably provoke very similar response from us.
    Then I don't know man just pointing out one theory I saw ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Then I don't know man just pointing out one theory I saw ok.
    And that's okay, because neither do I know what the fuck was the 4D chess endgame for Hamas there.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I wonder if anything has happened recently that would boost the salience of Israel? Nah, probably not. Good call on demonstrating your point with that poll.
    It feels almost as if some of the responding people here are bots regurgitating outdated canned messages. The talking points scripts did not get updated to version 9.11 yet.

That guy's entire posting history is an endless spam of being like, "ha, so you admit that you're a terrible person!". If I were inclined to use the block function, he'd be a top candidate.
    Indeed, I did just the same long ago when I understood what the pattern was with that one.

As a matter of fact, I encourage usage of this forum function. It's so much better when you don't waste time with noise like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports have come in saying that nearly 500 K Gaza citizens have made it sourh out of the warning zone.
    Hamas Had set up roadblocks trying to keep citizens in So they continue being their meat shield.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8herGyD/
    I have been getting most of my Ukraine information from this guy. Didnt realize he was an emmy nominated reporter.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

So yes @Adamas102 mate, before you try to convince me - go convince Antony Blinken. I'll be waiting.
    What makes you think I care what Blinken says? If he wants to come post on this forum then he can be part of the discussion as well, and I'll let him know how stupid he sounds saying not to go back to the status quo while encouraging you to go back to the status quo. It's also literally retaliation so it sounds like he needs to open a dictionary first and foremost.

A ground incursion and occupation isn't new. It's pretty much what led to the rise of Hamas to begin with. Congrats. In order to try and kill 2% of the population your plan is to displace/pressure/kill a large chunk of the other 98% and in doing so ensure that Jihadist mentality thrives. The US wrote the book on what NOT to do after a major terrorist attack, and you seem hellbent on ignoring that (without the benefit of oceans and continents separating you from the enemy).

The only people who are going to benefit from these sorts of actions are Jihadist recruiters and weapons suppliers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    A ground incursion and occupation isn't new. It's pretty much what led to the rise of Hamas to begin with. Congrats. In order to try and kill 2% of the population your plan is to displace/pressure/kill a large chunk of the other 98% and in doing so ensure that Jihadist mentality thrives. The US wrote the book on what NOT to do after a major terrorist attack, and you seem hellbent on ignoring that (without the benefit of oceans and continents separating you from the enemy).

The only people who are going to benefit from these sorts of actions are Jihadist recruiters and weapons suppliers.
    The goal is to destroy Hamas. I do not pretend for a second, it's going to be easy or that the Gazan citizens are not completely and utterly fucked by this.

However, the musings what it will do in the future and whether there will be Hamas 2 or worse - are just that at the moment.

Reality is that a pressing matter now is to finish off Hamas, because any possibility of a positive direction for Palestinians in Gaza does not exist as long as they are governing there, as they truly do not have best interests of Gazans in mind. That became plain apparent a week ago.

What happens next - you heard from the horse's mouth that there is already discussion going on. And I sure hope it will be a solution that will rebuild Gaza and allow people to finally live in peace. And it again, won't be a walk in the park. For sure there will be extremists to root out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    Hamas Had set up roadblocks trying to keep citizens in So they continue being their meat shield.
    Truly a shocking development.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    Reports have come in saying that nearly 500 K Gaza citizens have made it sourh out of the warning zone.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8herGyD/
    I have been getting most of my Ukraine information from this guy. Didnt realize he was an emmy nominated reporter.
    This another example of the lack of moral equivalence between the sides. Can you imagine Israel attempting to use human shields to prevent Hamas from killing the IDF? The very idea is preposterous, we've already seen what the result of leaving vulnerable people to the mercy of Hamas is. That a human shield strategy would have any efficacy at all is a clear demonstration that everyone involved is aware that Israel holds itself to a different ethical standard than their opponents.

10+ Year Old Account
    A body of a female abductee found in a burned car near the border from inside the Gaza Strip, by a small force that entered Gaza strip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I wonder if Israel is going to relent on the 24 hour evacuation deadline. The UN says it's "impossible" without causing "devastating humanitarian consequences". The US just said it's a "tall order". For the US to say that publicly it means they've almost certainly had stronger words privately.

Hamas have asked the locals to stay at home instead of evacuating, because of course a high death toll is good for their PR.
    Neither the US or the UN will do anything if Israel shells em early, with a portion of the US probably cheering them on.
    Publicly the US believes that Israel can do no wrong and they're our bestest buddy in the world because a good potion of them believe that's where a jesusing is supposed to happen.
    It would be political suicide to say otherwise in public.
    Overlooking what will happen to Israelies if that were to happen.
    The UN will sit it out if the US does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry did this conflict just start last week?

- - - Updated - - -

A body of a female abductee found in a burned car near the border from inside the Gaza Strip, by a small force that entered Gaza strip.
    And hundreds of civilian bodies have been found in the rubble of airstrikes.

I thought war was war? It's like civilians are dying on both sides while you're constantly chirping about some blood and soil nonsense.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Again, white Christians don't give a shit about Jews. They only care about Israel insofar as they're useful to vicariously live out their genocidal fantasies. If they actually gave a shit, you'd think they'd actually do something about antisemitism in their own communities, especially after they allowed the worst antisemitic pogrom in the New World to occur right under their noses.

I wouldn't be so eager to call out people for being arrogant if I were you.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.