7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Then why do they keep voting for the people doing the cleansing?
    They don't, Likud and Bibi are against ethnic cleansing.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    IDF are there carrying out operations and communication and strategy.

They are sitting in those residential areas plotting attacks against the Palestinians.

Also why did you say " not sitting in their homes"

Who said they were in their "homes" some of them live there absolutely but there are military specific buildings among residential ones. I thought that was clear, why alter what was said?
    IDF are not doing that from residential blocks. But keep trying to find what does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Kinda weird how it's only a minority of extremists yet they've been cleansing them for decades. If things keep going at this rate Palestinians won't exist within Israel within our lifetimes. There will just be some random leftovers living in some of the cities.

But I guess it's fine as long as you can find some Israeli citizen willing to say they wanted peace.
    You really should take a look at demographics of Palestinians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Bibi is against ethic cleansing... he just perpetrates it.

Hey... if Israel isn't just a white apartheid state but a jewish state.. why did they sterilise the black jews?

I mean they took a page out of the nazi book... several volumes in fact... they haven't quite reached the mass exterminations yet... but they're making a good go of it by bombing an open air ghetto/prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I really don't know why you're bending over backwards to try and claim that targeting a building - is targeting journalists.
    By this logic targeting a hospital is also fine as long as you give people adequate warning to evacuate the premises prior to demolishing it. You're targeting the building after all, not the medical staff or patients.

The better question is why y'all are bending over backwards defending apartheid under the flimsiest of semantic arguments. It's quite vile.

Sure, Jan. That's why they constantly go on about preserving "the Jewish character of Israel".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    By this logic targeting a hospital is also fine as long as you give people adequate warning to evacuate the premises prior to demolishing it. You're targeting the building after all, not the medical staff or patients.

The question is why y'all are bending over backwards defending apartheid under the flimsiest of semantic arguments.
    and 1876 contracts that don't mean anything...

Hey does this mean that ancestors of slave owners can bring up with old contract to try and claim people in America now?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Trying to sound clever, when clueless you are.

Civilian hospitals (yes, the buildings called hospitals - not only the hospital staff) have special protection (unless actually used by the military etc; just having some wounded soldiers with firearms doesn't matter).
    Media buildings have no similar protection.

Civilian hospitals (yes, the buildings called hospitals - not only the hospital staff) have special protection (unless actually used by the military etc; just having some wounded soldiers with firearms doesn't matter).
    And what strategic value do they have?

This was a deliberate attack on the media, and it's not the first time.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Well I wonder if Hamas is committing War crimes firing rockets indiscriminately into Israeli cities? Or is that something we have to have a measured and nuanced view on for some inexplicable reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Civilian hospitals (yes, the buildings called hospitals - not only the hospital staff) have special protection
    Very good, captain clever.

Now do -why- hospitals have such protections and it'll become abundantly clear why silly legalist arguments don't hold water in reality. "It's technically permissible" doesn't make it not a bullshit thing to do.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You're missing the damn point:
    if you blow up a hospital, you have functionally decimated the capacity of the doctors/nurses to practice healthcare.
    if you blow up a media building, you have functionally decimated the capacity of journalists to...you know...broadcast.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Well I wonder if Hamas is committing War crimes firing rockets indiscriminately into Israeli cities?
    Trying whataboutism is still an acknowledgement that what Israel is doing is a war crime, sweaty. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You're missing the damn point:
    if you blow up a hospital, you have functionally decimated the capacity of the doctors/nurses to practice healthcare.
    if you blow up a media building, you have functionally decimated the capacity of journalists to...you know...broadcast.
    But it's technically legal therefore it's fine. /s

Sometimes I wish Qin Shi Huang buried the legalists instead of the Confucians so we wouldn't have to listen to these shitty sociopathic arguments about ethnic cleansing and gun ownership.

Well, no. Taking down the Al Jazeera/Associated Press could very well be considered war crime. Journalists are considered civilians and protected by international humanitarian law. That was not a smart move at all.

Ohh, please read below;

https://casebook.icrc.org/case-study...on-journalists

Protection of media facilities as civilian objects

Radio and television facilities are civilian objects and as such enjoy general protection. The prohibition on attacking civilian objects has been firmly established in international humanitarian law since the beginning of the twentieth century and was reaffirmed in 1977 Protocol I and in the Statute of the International Criminal Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    HAHAHAHA suuuure.
    He's being himself, isn't he?

Funny, because that is what they are doing right now. Stealing more Palestinian land.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Funny, because that is what they are doing right now. Stealing more Palestinian land.
    No, the disputed property in Jerusalem wasn't Palestinian land.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if in Palestine, can? will? non-Palestinians be able to own land or charge rent? Or is that reserved for only a specific ethnic group?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    How was it not?

It certainly isn't Israeli land. Since it's part of the Occupied Territories. And thus is not part of Israel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm wondering if in Palestine, can? will? non-Palestinians be able to own land or charge rent? Or is that reserved for only a specific ethnic group?
    You're just dogwhistling, and it's pathetic.

The issue exists because Israel refuses to recognize Palestinian claims on the properties, instead citing a 19th-century deed. And the land isn't even inside Israel, to begin with.

It was Palestinian land before 1948 when it was stolen.