10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Glad for the ceasefire.

*sees Al-Aqsa Mosque trending*

Hmmmm.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1395692824411181066

Yeah, trending... imagine US police would be trained like that.

Trending: https://twitter.com/i/status/1395714809975484418

Imagine, one guy snaps. Then it will be all tears and wailing about "evul Israel"

You don't even fucking realize the restraint Israeli's MPs show there. You ought to learn a thing or two.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-05-21 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Forget the US. Let's stick to this for a sec. Anything to add on the subject?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang

I think the only solution here is "coercing" Israel into peace. Am I right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Remind me what US police have to do with Israel’s actions again.
    Both are racist assholes? Although that seems to be a global thing.

Trending: https://twitter.com/i/status/1395714809975484418

Imagine, one guy snaps. Then it will be all tears and wailing about "evul Israel"

You don't even fucking realize the restraint Israeli's MPs show there. You ought to learn a thing or two.
    Oh yeah, Israel forces is famous for their restraint.
    You're right though, they should really kill em all right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    So by your logic if Trump got money and support from Ukraine and used it to build infrastructure for photo ops it would have been fine?
    Was Hillary going to reverse course on a two state solution? Would this result in Democrats murdering Republicans?

Yes, in that case... I would be ecstatic... After all, I support a two state solution. I don’t want fellow Americans murdered. I want help from the world to build infrastructure and prevent my people from being executed in the streets. With hindsight? I would be insane or some brutal asshole, to not support international aid to help Trump win.

Again it's obvious that the Fatah should have at least waited until after the election to take any money. It's bad optics even if they had good intentions especially since their party was divided.
    You keep saying “take money”, to describe building schools, without US or UN logos.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Oh yeah, Israel forces is famous for their restraint.
    You're right though, they should really kill em all right?
    More like showing off your "peaceful protesters" in their prime. Stones come later.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Focusing back on wrapping this escalation event up, it was a case of kind of like the US in Iraq of 1 side winning militarily but losing in terms of PR and politically.

Israel - Did put a lot of damage into the Hamas tunnel system, fighters, rockets+rocket launchers, etc. They proved the Iron Dome really cannot be overwhelmed by volume (which was really what Hamas tried and was hoping for), and that it's very effective. It is going to take years for Hamas to rebuild their org infrastructure to where it was. And for now they have bought some quiet.

Hamas - Lost militarily, but won politically. Palestinians always celebrate at the end of these escalations regardless of the outcome as they've done in 2014 and previous ones, so you have to look beyond that. Israel went too far with the retaliation this time, from the AP/Reuters press building bombing which made it appear that they were trying to cover-up and silence atrocities, to the look of using bunker busters in such a populated area, to the house bombing where 7 children died. All of this combined with the ineffectiveness of the rockets vs. the Iron Dome created a majority negative World view against Israel in this. The US couldn't and wouldn't break with their 70 year ally over this, but the US did what they could with Biden making over 80 calls to Netanyahu during this trying to get them to stand down, which they finally relented and did.

Outcomes - The problem is that these are mostly bad for Israel. Arab/Muslim outrage pushed some countries further to the Hamas side. Assad in Syria agreed in the last few days to settle old disagreements and work more closely with Hamas going forward. Iran AND Pakistan (who was VERY vocal in the UN vs. Israel) both not coincidentally signed 'strategic' long-term agreements with China in the last few days also spurred by those countries doing what they could to help the cause. Pakistan pushed and got a Human Rights commission at the UN scheduled to investigate human right's violations as part of Israel's actions in the escalation in the UN which starts later this month. The IRGC committed to increasing help to Hamas. It pushed a number of countries further to the Palestinian stance.

The Hamas rockets are very very easily built, there are recent videos from months ago where Hamas has allowed press crews into the shops where they are made. It does not take much, a sheet metal roller, lathe, etc. and 1 or 2 people can make them in tiny shop with little materials. So they will replenish those fairly quickly and recruit members for any lost. Even Hamas has said they look at this as just a pause to prepare for the next time. What is likely though are much more complex IRGC weapons (drones, missiles, rockets) like they are supplying to the Houthis in Yemen being smuggled to Gaza. Hamas openly asked and the IRGC openly agreed to 'increasing assistance' this week. So Israel bought some time, but lost politically and the next escalation is likely to be more ugly militarily.

Unrestrained racist Israeli police who started this whole mess trying for a round 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like... That statement for example. There would have been a two state solution if hamas stopped doing whatever it is you're saying they did.
    Uhm... win and withdraw from two state solution talks? Declaire that they don’t recognize Israel is a legitimate state, then murdered the opposition? Is that what you mean?

Like that's so not based on reality I don't even know where to begin. That's literally not knowing the basics of the issue at play.
    Israel building settlements on land that does not belong to them. That is the core of the issue. If they don't stop doing that there is no two state solution.
    Did Israel leave Gaza and give up the border to Egypt? Were there active and by all signs concluding, talks about further expansion into a two state solution?

What you are saying would be true... if history before 2010, simply didn’t exist... because if it did...

Edit: I will repeat... before hamas, Israel was training and arming, independent Palestinian forces.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-05-21 at 01:26 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

More like showing off your "peaceful protesters" in their prime. Stones come later.
    How about getting the fuck out the Al Aqsa compound?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... win and withdraw from two state solution talks? Declaire that they don’t recognize Israel is a legitimate state, then murdered the opposition? Is that what you mean?

Did Israel leave Gaza and give up the border to Egypt? Were there active and by all signs concluding, talks about further expansion into a two state solution?

What you are saying would be true... if history before 2010, simply didn’t exist... because if it did...

Edit: I will repeat... before hamas, Israel was training and arming, independent Palestinian forces.
    No I mean agree to work with Israel on a two state solution on 1967 borders.

9 November 2008, Ha’aretz, Amira Hass
    Haniyeh: Hamas willing to accept Palestinian state with 1967 borders
    “The Hamas leader in Gaza, Ismail Haniyeh, said on Saturday his government was willing to
    accept a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders.”

10+ Year Old Account
    How about getting the fuck out the Al Aqsa compound?
    So they turn it into another terrorist haven? How about you tell your hamas buddies to shut the fuck out and let tensions relax, instead of goading on the crowds with their "celebrations". We did what we could, we even banned Jewish pilgrims ascending the Temple Mount, the holiest place in whole Judaism, as to not flame more tensions.

The ball is on your Pally court. If they keep at it, it will be another round pretty soon.

- - - Updated - - -

9 November 2008, Ha’aretz, Amira Hass
    Haniyeh: Hamas willing to accept Palestinian state with 1967 borders
    “The Hamas leader in Gaza, Ismail Haniyeh, said on Saturday his government was willing to
    accept a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders.”
    What they said as a lip service for the useful idiots over the pond and what they actually did differed a lot. Besides, nobody negotiates with terrorists.

So they turn it into another terrorist haven? How about you tell your hamas buddies to shut the fuck out and let tensions relax, instead of goading on the crowds with their "celebrations". We did what we could, we even banned Jewish pilgrims ascending the Temple Mount, the holiest place in whole Judaism, as to not flame more tensions.

The ball is on your Pally court. If they keep at it, it will be another round pretty soon.

- - - Updated - - -

What they said as a lip service for useful idiots over the pond and what they actually did differed a lot. Besides, nobody negotiates with terrorists.
    See, unlike you, I don't support terrorist groups. That's something you seem to enjoy, not me. I'm perfectly able to tell you to get your forces to get the fuck out of the al Aqsa compound, without having to support some other terrorist group. You know what that is? That is "being coherent".

- - - Updated - - -

What they said as a lip service for the useful idiots over the pond and what they actually did differed a lot. Besides, nobody negotiates with terrorists.
    Plenty of countries deal with Israel so yeah, your point is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, unlike you, I don't support terrorist groups. That's something you seem to enjoy, not me. I'm perfectly able to tell you to get your forces to get the fuck out of the al Aqsa compound, without having to support some other terrorist group. You know what that is? That is "being coherent".
    Unlike you, I don't randomly profile people based on thin air.

There is a very real history that very really happened. That place is a nest of incitement that spills into violence not once or twice, but constantly.

Also, I already said it to you - you don't know me, don't try to be cute with the bullshit in bold.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of countries deal with Israel so yeah, your point is moot.
    Interesting because he kinda is coherent while you are clearly not.

How can you expect Israel to work with the Hamas while they are firing rockets at them and keep saying that Israel should not exist etc ... ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post

How can you expect Israel to work with the Hamas while they are firing rockets at them and keep saying that Israel should not exist etc ... ?
    And that means Israel just gets to ethnic cleanse the Palestinians?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to catch up to what’s being discussed. How do you expect Hamas to work with Israel when they’re killing Palestinians and bombing their homes?
    Step 1: don't fire random rockets into cities and then cry foul when you get retaliated.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    And that means Israel just gets to ethnic cleanse the Palestinians?
    That means that once tensions have lowered, both sides can talk to each other instead of bombing the other side.

You do know that talking is always the preambule to peace ?

Unlike you, I don't randomly profile people based on thin air.

There is a very real history that very really happened. That place is a nest of incitement that spills into violence not once or twice, but constantly.

Also, I already said it to you - you don't know me, don't try to be cute with the bullshit in bold.
    You just did that, like literally the post I responded to. Ah yeah I forgot, you're not that good at understanding that whole escalation thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That means that once tensions have lowered, both sides can talk to each other instead of bombing the other side.

You do know that talking is always the preambule to peace ?
    You do know that this does not change the reality of what Israel is doing right now, right?

How can you expect hamas to work with Israel when they're building settlements and occupying land? So much about coherence huh.