Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    hard no, removes what makes the special mounts ... ridiculous idea

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Really? Ive had it drop 2 weeks in a row now and couldn't even use it because I already knew it. I thought the drop rate had gone up like Tusk's did (got that on 10th try)
    When did Tusk drop change? theres literally people with 2k+ kills for that xmog.

As for OP....HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LL NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

No. Keep items available in game and special shop items separate. Also, there is nothing that suggests this ever happening and is a practice that is present only in the worst pay to win games, and even then it's mostly about equipment and not collectibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You can already go nuts on the BMAH with your credit card if you want to.
    Yes, but:

A) the mount has to actually be available, and that sometimes takes weeks or months
    B) you have to compete with others in a bidding war, which you can lose quite easily
    C) only select mounts are available through BMAH, not all of them
    D) it's not directly RMT, bmah is in-game gold, true you can buy tokens and convert them into gold but that's a different story
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-15 at 07:58 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    true you can buy tokens and convert them into gold but that's a different story
    And this is why discussions like these can even take place. Carry on lol.

I'd prefer the other way around. the mounts, pets and toys only available on the store be available in game as a low droprate somewhere

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I'd prefer the other way around. the mounts, pets and toys only available on the store be available in game as a low droprate somewhere
    Yeah, would be a much better solution. All the store mounts devalues mounts in the actual game by often having higher quality than in-game ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Really? Let's hear what they are - because while I did buy a few store mounts, my go-to mounts are stuff like Invincible, the spider for 2 million gold, the 100 rep mount, timewalking wolf, Order Hall mounts.....

The Fairie Dragon is possibly the only one I can think about.
    The feline one based on the mobs from Argus changes color just like the Fairie.

They are also often based on something from the upcoming expansion, meaning it robs us of mounts that are thematic to that expansion.
    Examples:
    -Laughing Skull bug mount, instead we got a generic wolf recolour. Also used as a flight path mount and regular mob.
    -Fairie Dragon, changes color as you said. Used as a flight path mount and regular mob.
    -Arcane feline one for Legion (luckily we did get one in-game too, but not as detailed(didn't have the scrolls and stuff). Might have been because of the backlash that one got.)
    -Argus feline(don't remember name right now) which also changes color. Used as a regular mob and rares.
    -Fox and dragon both based on Shadowlands creatures from Ardenweald. Dragon used as flight path mount and both are being used as mobs.

And before all this we had the spectacle with the sparkle pony working as a low level mount for all your alts which was a huge advantage at the time.

They also often come with a matching high quality pet.

I only have two store mounts, sparkle pony, which I got as a gift, and the wind strider(got a gift card I had to use up for something and had a running sub at the time so couldn't buy just game time). Unlike a lot of the newer ones it has no equivalent in-game and I liked it's animations at the time(the same animations are now used by every unicorn mount in the game). Still use that one regularly.
    I have a rather large collection of mounts but I avoid the store mounts, even if several of them are very cool, but to me they are tainted because of being from the shop. I can't "earn" them by playing normally (yes, I know I can convert gold to money but I rather use my money for ingame stuff and gametime).

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    When did Tusk drop change? theres literally people with 2k+ kills for that xmog.

As for OP....HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LL NO.
    I figured as quick as I got it after decided to farm it that it must had changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I figured as quick as I got it after decided to farm it that it must had changed.
    It's called being lucky.

I got my Tusks while casually joining a friend to help him with some achievements in the raid. We killed Garrosh just for lulz and it dropped. Truth be told I did the raid like 200+ times before for the mount as well, but that's still fairly lucky compared to some people's thousands of tries.

It's true that things with low drop rate will on average drop less frequently for people, but there will still be lucky ones who get it very quick.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not give them even more ways to squeeze blood from a stone, OP. If they want to make these mounts more deterministic in nature, it should be on the BMAH where you can target them as they become available, not by running your credit card through the cash shop.

edit: While we're on the subject, I'd really like them to make the Tyrael's Charger (which I have and have had since the MoP season pass) available ingame either via a secret puzzle or the BMAH. It's a great mount and I really wish they'd let more people get hold of it rather than it just being a bribe for people who were going to be subbed anyway, like me, or who weren't so sure about MoP.
    Last edited by Thage; 2021-05-15 at 05:08 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's called being lucky.

I got my Tusks while casually joining a friend to help him with some achievements in the raid. We killed Garrosh just for lulz and it dropped. Truth be told I did the raid like 200+ times before for the mount as well, but that's still fairly lucky compared to some people's thousands of tries.

It's true that things with low drop rate will on average drop less frequently for people, but there will still be lucky ones who get it very quick.
    Had something similar happen to me. Was back in cata I think and a guildie had cleared up to 0 yogg but couldn't solo it. Figured I would lend a hand and the mount dropped. He was surprised that I just gave it to him but I exclusively use CE mounts ive earned and yoggs. TOC,lk and legion mounts and jaina's mount are those I won't touch since i wasn't raiding when they orginally dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Let's not give them even more ways to squeeze blood from a stone, OP. If they want to make these mounts more deterministic in nature, it should be on the BMAH where you can target them as they become available, not by running your credit card through the cash shop.
    I mean are we pretending a large portion of the BMAH buyers are not people buying tokens? The BMAH is just one degree removed from a cashshop to make people less upset.

Those that don't buy tokens to buy BMAH items almost always are funded by tokens indirectly from selling sales to those who buy tokens...

The AH mongrels are very rare. You usually don't see more then a half dozen of them a server.

I had Al'ar drop for me this week, and I've been playing since about a month into TBC. 250 kills or thereabouts on the main (don't play alts tbh).

I don't even see me using it, but it was. a prestige mount back then and the feeling of relief/elation when it popped up on the loot screen was amazing. (Also a bit of ennui, as I don't know what I'll do first thing on reset day, felt like a weekly tradition). I'd never buy that mount, same as I'd never buy Rivendare, Horseman, err... the Elegon one. I still go poke Jikun in Throne of Thunder, and Arthas and Yogg each week.

Literally zero fucks given about how many other people have it, but it's a nice "what if" to do most weeks that has a lovely reward to it when it drops. Be truly miserable if I could just go buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It's a sub based game. No in-game items should be ever sold for extra. Again, that would only create more problems.
    Create a problem - amazing 1/2000 drop mount, solution - $ store. It's like mobile games matching you against stronger enemies and suggesting you to buy a level boost after you loose. The moment that happens in wow it either will become free to play or I'm out.
    Because mounts totally equate to player power.....mounts are 100% cosmetic and if you don't want it, don't buy it and in the case suggested by the OP they'd still be available via grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    I had Al'ar drop for me this week, and I've been playing since about a month into TBC. 250 kills or thereabouts on the main (don't play alts tbh).

I don't even see me using it, but it was. a prestige mount back then and the feeling of relief/elation when it popped up on the loot screen was amazing. (Also a bit of ennui, as I don't know what I'll do first thing on reset day, felt like a weekly tradition). I'd never buy that mount, same as I'd never buy Rivendare, Horseman, err... the Elegon one. I still go poke Jikun in Throne of Thunder, and Arthas and Yogg each week.

Literally zero fucks given about how many other people have it, but it's a nice "what if" to do most weeks that has a lovely reward to it when it drops. Be truly miserable if I could just go buy it.
    It doesn't stop you from doing what you're currently doing so what you said makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Because mounts totally equate to player power.....mounts are 100% cosmetic and if you don't want it, don't buy it and in the case suggested by the OP they'd still be available via grinding.
    Cosmetics are much more important than 'player power' beacause they don't get outdated every half a year or less.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Of course I’d be opposed.

very much in favor of.. any % drop mount for 2 expacs (E.G. WoD and earlier currently), back should be sold for 20.00 USD in the store. People can farm them if they want or just buy them then.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'd be against it but I'd like to be able to sell my extra rare mounts to the bmah for a few thousand. I just collect them at this point out of curiosity. Or even for like 1/10 of the price they end up going on the bmah in the event they ever let us sell collectible items on there.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, that would be so low to be honest.

Definitely opposed. I couldn't imagine not running ICC or Tempest Keep with friends for years until, wouldn't you know it, they dropped Ashes and Invincible on the same night for me last week. RNG is VERY Random lmao

Few days before that I had Onyxia's Reins drop, which I ran for years with a pal to get it for him, so that would have been a missed experience if it was for sale.

Repetitive or not, those are memories I'll always prefer to actually even having the mounts now. That's what made the achievement so exciting at the end of the day. That wouldn't be there with a cash shop purchase.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post

It hasn't been increased. He just got really lucky and assumed they increased the drop rate. I got mine in 9 kills back during legion, but not because of in increased drop rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't stop you from doing what you're currently doing so what you said makes absolutely no sense.
    But people do want these mounts, so of course they would buy them. Then these really cool and awesome mounts would be equal to shit like the Albino drake. It would kill anyone desire to mount farm for these mounts because they have nothing special about them anymore since you can just buy them.

Mounts are easily more valuable than player power at the end of the day. My 970 main and 950/960 alts left at the end of Legion, but you know what didn't? Every fucking mount I ever collected.