Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    Skyrim is a 5 hour long boring empty piece of garbage.
    I seriously question the sanity of anyone who can play Skyrim unmodded.

You would literally have to pay me to play it.

Runescape is easily the most well designed MMO out there, and that's really the only reason they were able to survive as a game with such terrible graphics. It a shame other MMOs keep copying off each other with the same boring design and ignoring everything there is to learn from that game.

Shenmue was never a good game. Nor was 2. Or 3, for that matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 3 has the best gunplay out of any current shooter.

All rockstar games are terrible at best and are only successful because of mob mentality.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be the best game of it's generation, and be remembered as fondly as witcher 3. All it needs is bugfixes and the dlc, these things also greatly fixed witcher 3's appeal.

Epic game store will NEVER Have any profit margin, not because it gives out free AAA games, but because nobody will take it as serious as steam or gog, and epic will have to realize that the steam model is superior. Bleeding money on exclusive titels for 6 to 12 months will never be a profitable model, and selling the data collected from it's userbase will never offset the free handouts of AAA games, nor will fortine, that fad will also die out eventually.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Well yeah its a luxury..but by that logic so is ANYTHING that you can't get right out of a box pc from wal-mart. IE if your PC is better than this it's a luxury.
    Taken to the extreme yes.

(The specs doesn't seem to spesify if its HDD or SSD, but ill assume its a HDD cos the pc is otherwise very poor)
    And if I had that PC you linked and I were to upgrade it one piece at the time, I'd probably go GPU > CPU > Monitor > RAM >< SSD. *At very short glance anway
    Which brings me back to why I think spesifically SSDs are overrated, because people be like "omg I couldnt live without an SSD" like come on, it's not that bad.. You'll have a good gaming experience if your games run at satisfying gfx/fps but unsatisfying load times, but you'll have a bad gaming experience if you have satisfying load times but unsatisfying gfx/fps

PvP in MMOs is generally trash as it is impossible to balance around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say

Fortnite is terrible.
    Sorry, but what is on that stunning? That's just a fact.

Another fact:
    X4: Foundations is better than Star Citizen in 10 years.

The original Sonic 1 sucks. "Green Hill Zone" is awesome but then it just degrades into an annoyingly slow paced game that feels more like a "snail and pinball simulator". "Labyrinth Zone" in particular is the epitome of s***ness and should never have been in the game.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    RTS is not a dead genre, it's a niche for sure but there is profit to be made. It could also benefit from being more casual friendly if you look at SC2 being the latest big succesful RTS.
    Age of Empires 2 is seeing something of a resurgence with the definitive edition. I wouldn't say it's "big", but it's definitely successful since they're actually adding new content to it.

I strongly recommend trying it out. I became disillusioned with StarCraft after blizz basically abandoned it. It's a very different game, but it's very fun. Serral and Reynor actually played a 2v2 AoE showmatch not that long ago, and Day9 has been streaming it quite a lot (with lots of videos on YouTube).

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing at 144 fps on my PC for a while. It's not the most but notible jump from 60. 60+ frames are not necessary for a lot of games and make some ugly. FPS, yes. Extremely fast paced games, yes. Just about anything else? Waste
    Either nothing in the game movies fast enough for it to matter, you get the "soap opera" effect you get with TVs causing aesthetics to suffer. People really don't care a might even cringe when you go a rant about not being able to play games sub 200/150/60 FPS.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Consoles
    • The N64 was a bad console. The only good games on it were Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Pokemon Stadium 2. It had no RPGs.
    • The PS Vita was the best handheld console. Huge library of amazing, high quality JRPGs. You could remotely stream your PS4 at home to your PS Vita. It was the last handheld that actually fit in your pocket.
    • No, the PS1 and the SNES were not some golden age of JRPGs that has been lost. We're still in a golden age of JRPGs. Just because modern JRPGs aren't to your tastes doesn't mean that JRPGs aren't still good. The modern Japanese games industry is leagues above the modern Western games industry.

Trails series
    • Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 are the best Trails games.
    • all of the problems people criticize the CS games for existed since SC
    • Crossbell is a filler arc with no satisfying payoff
    • The villains of FC and Ao did nothing wrong
    • Crossbell is the rightful province of the Erebonian Empire.

Final Fantasy
    • FFVII is a good game, but it appears to be overrated because it was the most popular game, therefore you get more opinions shilling for it.
    • FFX likewise is a fine game, but appears to be overrated because more people played it than the others, so you get more opinions shilling for it.
    • FFXIII is a good game. Yes, the lack of towns to visit and NPCs to talk to was a bummer, but it was still nonetheless an overall good game. Great aesthetics and soundtrack too.
    • FFIX is NOT underrated. If anything it's overrated.
    • FFV is the actual underrated FF game. Go play it!
    • FFXIV ARR isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to make it out to be. It's just okay, and it gets better and better with each patch. Honestly by patch 2.3 I was starting to get really invested into the game and thought it was pretty good, though I still hated the fillers.
    • FFXIV Heavensward is overrated. It's only hyped up to high heaven because of the stark contrast between it and the rest of ARR, much like how people were amazed going from 2D FFVI to 3D FFVII. A lot of people overlook Heavensward's flaws. Stormblood was not a step down. The quality remained the same, but people were used to that level of quality when they were expecting another FFVI to FFVII jump in quality, so they ended up in a FFVIII situation where there isn't a particularly noticeable jump in quality from FFVII to FFVIII, and so they notice all of the flaws of the new game that they ignored in the old game, so they declare it to be bad.
    • Emet-Selch is a good, albeit overrated antagonist.
    • Zenos is a great villain and he is not boring. The problem is that he is misued. Zenos is at his most interesting - and his most threatening - when he is being intellectual. Cunning. He doesn't come off as scary when he's used as a brute. It also doesn't help that he spent the entirety of the Shadowbringers patches lounging around in a chair.

Other
    • Mists of Pandaria was the best WoW expansion. WoD was also pretty good but was the beginning of the end.
    • Legion was when WoW went legit bad.
    • Octopath Traveler is a mediocre game dressed up in a coat of paint of FFVI aesthetics, a game that was marketed towards old SNES JRPG fanboys, and they bit the bait.
    • Tales of Zestiria is a fine game.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^THIS^^^
    OP said opinions that would stun, not bad opinions

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Been playing at 144 fps on my PC for a while. It's not the most but notible jump from 60. 60+ frames are not necessary for a lot of games and make some ugly. FPS, yes. Extremely fast paced games, yes. Just about anything else? Waste
    Either nothing in the game movies fast enough for it to matter, you get the "soap opera" effect you get with TVs causing aesthetics to suffer. People really don't care a might even cringe when you go a rant about not being able to play games sub 200/150/60 FPS.
    The "soap opera" effect is due to the source material being in 29.97 or 25 or 24 fps or whatever and then the TV "invent" frames with various methods. It's faking some frames for it to look smoother, but it also looks ...well, fake.
    Games running at high FPS doesn't invent those frames, they are real correctly rendered frames, I can't say that I personally see any soap opera effect on high FPS tbh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Outside of the leveling phase classic/tbc and retail WoW are not that different.

Overblown min-maxing, gatekeeping, elitism and boosts.. it's all there.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Outside of the leveling phase classic/tbc and retail WoW are not that different.

Overblown min-maxing, gatekeeping, elitism and boosts.. it's all there.
    Even without the boosts the players ended making them... well, themselves. As seen during the entirety of Classic WoW.

The games are basically the same with core features being changed slightly throughout the years, and progressively more things being added that you may (or may not) care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Even without the boosts the players ended making them... well, themselves. As seen during the entirety of Classic WoW.

The games are basically the same with core features being changed slightly throughout the years, and progressively more things being added that you may (or may not) care about.
    so in essence... Blizzard didn't ruin anything the playerbase already did.

Fortnite is a fun game actually to play, and probably one of the best to play with friends.

I think that's probably enough actually. Considering how many people seem to think "fortnite bad!" is "stunning".

Metro Exodus suuuucks

1. Cyberpunk was a great game UNTIL the ending, where you had load to a save from before the final mission to keep playing, which really ruined my immersion after expecting to be able to roam around on my own after the finale.

2. Survival games are THE WORST! I play games because it`s an escape from reality to a place where i am someone much greater than myself, having to eat and drink to survive in a game? fuck that

Metacritic is right 99% of the them when it comes to big videogames, and people just has this neurosis. Once their game that they love(which is really only average) flops(gets sub 90% and highly criticized) they turn against metadata and metacritic and argue against it.

However, this is not scientific. Metadata can be compiled to determine very closely the actual quality of a software product, and most gamers just do not want this to be the case. They want their opinion to matter more than math, and the average of 80, or 90 professional reviewers all of whom are held to higher standards than we hold our own opinion, which if often formed off limited information and hype.

So metacritic is usually right, and it is always a lot more right than our human egos will give it credit for. The more critical reviews for a product the more right it will become. Software quality can be judged.

Then, the whole conspiracy theory stuff starts about WHY a game scored this way or that way on metacritic that involves a large conspiracy among many of the reviewers, and almost universally these are completely false on their face, yet get constantly repeated.

So metacritic is more right than we as individuals can hope to be. That's my stunning opinion. Metadata reveals accuracy after enough iterations, and opinions can be quantified, ranked, weighted, and averaged to provide stunningly accurate data.

That isn't to say that one can't find contradictions when fishing far enough across the spectrum of space-time, but rather the best tool we have to determine a game's quality is metadata. The least accurate tool we have is one person's humble opinion(even if that opinion is counted in the larger pool of data used to determine the final quality).

Individuals will be wrong. However, if enough individuals are wrong, then there will be an equal distribution of wrongness on both sides of the right, and with enough iterations, one can extrapolate a rough quantity. Similar to flipping a coin. You may flip a coin 10 times and it lands on heads 8 times. However, heads is not an 8/10 chance, it is 5/10. So if you flip the coin 100 times you will come much closer to the correct ratio. Similarly, the more opinions that are gathered, the closer one will come to finding not just the consensus, but a score that represents the actual quality.

One may argue that shared consciousness or pop-culture may play an impact and skew the results. If so, good, you have come to this logical conclusion. Of course it does. It also skews the average individual's humble opinion, and we can't resolve this, if we could we could better condition our metadata and deliver even greater accuracy.

Many of the people who hate on metacritic, use rotten tomatoes or imdb, or they use customer reviews on websites like amazon. This similar metadata, if they find it useful, operates on the same functional mathematical principle as videogames on metacritic, but we feel so close to videogames and their unique variety that we can't imagine applying the same logic to them that we do to whatever brand of painter's tape we might decide to buy based on customer reviews on amazon.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-05-25 at 01:39 PM.

The entire Halo game series is shit. it looks bad and fps games arent meant to be played on controllers.

Competitive RTS games like wc3 and starcraft are boring to play and watch.

Counter strike started the real esport scene but Twitch and the entire esport scene owes League of Legends everything.

Stellaris is the only half decent Paradox game.

World pvp should be deleted from WoW.

Flying should be available on launch.

WoW should get a 4'th spec for each class(with a healer/tank option if the class doesnt already have it)

WoW should release a new class each expansion

HotS is the worst Moba i've ever tried. Its a weak game in a genre of strong games. It would have been completely DoA if not for the blizzard brand and the characters from Blizzard games. The minds behind Hots should be fired for not being able to make a succesfull game.

PCMaster race

I could make every single Blizzard game objectively better if Blizzard hired me