borrowed power and class design

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    The game has evolved into an abomination of "core systems" as Ion calls them. These new gimmicky core systems are in place every expansion since Legion that requires some sort of endless grind to UNLOCK your character. I mean he calls them fucking LOADOUTS LMFAO. Ion and his amazing team have been renaming these systems to pass them off as a completely new system since Legion, and the best part is whales like you buy into the bs.

Remember Legion artifact grind? Yes, that's called anima now and you people ate it up as if it's some brand new awesome system. Torghast aka Choreghast is just as frustrating as the absurd legendary system in Legion. It's mind numbing after a few runs not to mention annoying af for the "rewards" it offers. They've also added renown and conduits bs to the list of systems replacing the famous "visions" in Bfa. Of course you need to do these if you want to unlock your character's abilities--imagine that LMFAO.

And dailies are not merely dailies as they used to be back in WoW's prime (TBC/WoTLK) but dailies are the least concerning out of all.

They need to get rid of all the gimmicks. It's actually doing more harm to retail. Make an expansion without all these absurd core systems. Add a new class if they need something to attract players. Get rid of the atrocious PvP talents/ skills and just make them baseline. No conduits or legendaries so you character feels complete when you reach max level. The old class tier gear worked fine and they need to resort to that to increase the power of classes instead of legendaries and fucking conduits. Dailies should be the only "grind" and they should be optional.
    They have done SO MUCH DAMAGE TO BASE CLASS DESIGN in order to make design room for their borrowed power bullshit. Whatever dumb asshole came up with this shit (Ion, I guess) should be fired. TBH if I were emperor for a day I would fire every last person working on class and systems design. The people making the art and music would be allowed to stay (and I feel terrible that they put so much beautiful work into recent expansions only to be completely and utterly failed by the other departments)

Things I care deeply and obsessively about: my class (Rogue class).... the way it was before fucking Legion, the worst expansion ever

Things I care nothing about: artifacts, legendaries, artifact power, azerite, corruption, anima, conduits, soulbinds, covenants, and all this other bullshit that infested the design of my class

Things I fucking despise: the new pruned version of the "Rogue class" (it doesn't deserve to be called that), with all of my favorite buttons pruned, and a completely different aesthetic that I hate, and completely different gameplay that I also hate

FUCK Ion Hazzikostas, FUCK Brian Holinka, FUCK Celestalon (hope you're having fun on the Hearthstone team you useless piece of shit), FUCK Blizzard, FUCK Activision, FUCK borrowed power, FUCK Legion, FUCK Battle for Azeroth, FUCK Shadowlands, and FUCK every single drooling imbecile who continues to subscribe to this shit game and eat up this shit class design. FUCK every single person who thinks a Rogue class that has 50% less buttons is fun to play. FUCK every single person who supports the new class design because they play 1 hour per week on their Rogue alt and think that matters more than the anguish felt by people like me who loved playing Rogue since 2004, and FUCK every single moron who thinks flashy animations and unrecognizable purple particles exploding with shadow magic ClassFantasyTM is a good 180 degree change of design direction for a class and spec that other people (dedicated Rogue MAINS) invested a decade+ of their lives / hundreds of days /played into.

P.S. Wasn't Shadowlands supposed to be the expansion of the great "unpruning"? What the fuck ever happened to that? Where are my fucking Rogue buttons that my character had since level 6 in Vanilla WoW that you fucking bastards stole from us? WHERE IS MY FUCKING GOUGE, BLIZZARD?

It's a testament to the damage done by fucking Legion, that 2 expansions later, with one openly dedicated to "unpruning", and they still have only repaired about 10% of the damage they did to class design in the first place.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2021-05-16 at 05:42 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

5+ Year Old Account
    While I definitely have a soft spot for Legion, it's true that it was when all this crazy "borrowed power" BS started. Because no, while good ol' tier sets may have technically been a form of borrowed power, they were a far, FAR cry from how invasive and pervading these systems have become from Legion onwards. They seem to take a disproportionate amount of dev time to create and balance, only to be thrown in the bin once they become more or less functional. It's madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This seems unlikely to go anywhere constructive in the short term. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead