Mini Map buttons not displaying

I have a vanilla version of WoW classic. No addons. Updated with blizzards official files. When clicking any mouse buttons over the mini map a bell ringing sound is made a a little animation of a gold circle is displayed. Again the version im using is totally stock no addons. There is no calender icon or a hourglass icon for quest tracking. This is very bizare. I have allready paid for a subscription which I canceled because of the state of the game for me. If I can get to playing WoW the way its should to be I will surely be a repeating customer for much time to come.

Vanilla nor classic had the tracking button the minimap. Those did not exist until Cataclysm, when they also added the ability to track more than one thing. The calendar did not exist until Wrath. Even the golden arrow to guide you back to the graveyard if you couldn't get to your body while dead wasn't until TBC. Things like track herbs and track fish were in your spellbook and you could only track one thing at a time.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Minimap
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.