Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy So are you guys OK with the huge honor nerf?

Seems pretty silly to me. We had a few days of fund and ALSO to level our chars. Feels pretty dirty to me. Most people are complaining in game right now.

It's not like this is gonna break the game or anything... Specially when people who didn't have to work had the chance to farm stuff and the rest got left behind...

Another case for the fun police, i guess.

Blizz definitely put themselves in an awkward position here.

On one hand you have people who were able to take advantage of this "bug" and now have an unfair advantage over everyone else as they were able to get honor capped. They can buy some really good honor gear as soon as they hit 70.

On the other hand if Blizz decides to undo their progress, they're undoing player progress because of their mistake. I don't think it's reasonable to expect people to think, "oh this can't be the right amount of honor" and then just stop farming it.

IMO they should keep the honor in its "bugged" state and let people farm their r14 stuff. Then once TBC launches on the 1st convert unspent honor to gold or something and have everyone start at the same spot. That way people who couldn't take advantage aren't at a disadvantage and the people who did take advantage can get some decent leveling gear still without having an unfair edge at lvl 70.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2021-05-20 at 10:00 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    Blizz definitely put themselves in an awkward position here.

On one hand you have people who were able to take advantage of this "bug" and now have an unfair advantage over everyone else as they were able to get honor capped. They can buy some really good honor gear as soon as they hit 70.

On the other hand if Blizz decides to undo their progress, they're undoing player progress because of their mistake.

IMO they should keep the honor in its "bugged" state and let people farm their r14 stuff. Then once TBC launches on the 1st convert unspent honor to gold or something and have everyone start at the same spot.
    Exactly my thoughts. I'd be pretty ok if honor reseted at lvl 70, i just want some fun with the marshall stuff for a few days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they used to do that? Convert unspent honour to gold.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simply undo the progress from players pre-bug.

Simple. Give them a small compensation, like, keep 30% of it. Or convert it into gold... TBC launch comes, none should have more than 0 honor points.

It was never meant to exist anyway and it gives an unfair advantage over others. Usually that was called exploit and ended up in a ban. This one is on them this time.. so fix it and make it fair for all.

Well i got capped yesterday but I'd be real mad if I didn't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That was between expansions, later. Like tbc to wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I don't know if they did that originally back in '07.

Honestly, I don't PvP so anyone who knows more about it please correct me if I'm wrong. But if they reset honor anyway at the beginning I think they should still keep the high honor gains for now for a few reasons.

-Prepatch is much shorter than it was originally
    -Good amount of people already benefited from what is Blizzard's mistake
    -Not sure on this one, but is there any lvl 60 PvP gear that is good at 70? If not I don't think it hurts to let people farm some decent lvling gear.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I don't know if they did that originally back in '07.
    They did that.
    Honor was converted to gold at TBC launch.

An honor reset at 70 would have been a way better solution.

I was able to farm ~17k honor in 90 minutes. Sounds like a lot (it is), but that’s now going to take 13 hours to farm. They obsoleted the level 60 PvP gear because nobody in their right mind would spend 24 hours of /played time for a leveling weapon.

If they keep the honor rate, they really need to cut the L60 prices. Even the HW weapons get replaced by L65.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    An honor reset at 70 would have been a way better solution.

I was able to farm ~17k honor in 90 minutes. Sounds like a lot (it is), but that’s now going to take 13 hours to farm. They obsoleted the level 60 PvP gear because nobody in their right mind would spend 24 hours of /played time for a leveling weapon.

If they keep the honor rate, they really need to cut the L60 prices. Even the HW weapons get replaced by L65.
    Yeah, and given the clown fiesta that Hellfire peninsula is in a PVP server, that would help fresh chars if anything, i don't see the drama here, but they always act so fast to cut fun and crash parties lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Yeah, and given the clown fiesta that Hellfire peninsula is in a PVP server, that would help fresh chars if anything, i don't see the drama here, but they always act so fast to cut fun and crash parties lol
    Meanwhile I’m getting booted out of 1/3 of my ABs.

Typical knee jerk reaction, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty bad. Honor gain was good in its bugged state obviously, but it didn't feel broken high or anything. At the very least reducing it tenfold seemed excessive and feels very demotivating.

I'll probably finish the grind for the HWL axes for my shammy, but I'm probably not going to be doing pvp from there on. Considering blue items require more honor at 70 than epics do at 60 I'm probably just going to skip season 1 entirely now. Grinding this much BG is going to get old fast.

Oh, and if you want to cap honor, it'll take you 13 hours each day until launch to do so. So unless you already got capped, its not going to happen.

They reduced it to what it should have been. Don't see why complain about it or did you expect to boost a char and have it in full r14 gear for free.
    Want to complain about something? Complain so that they undo it for the ones who took advantage of it.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-05-20 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Simply undo the progress from players pre-bug.

Simple. Give them a small compensation, like, keep 30% of it. Or convert it into gold... TBC launch comes, none should have more than 0 honor points.

It was never meant to exist anyway and it gives an unfair advantage over others. Usually that was called exploit and ended up in a ban. This one is on them this time.. so fix it and make it fair for all.
    Usually the punishment for exploits leaves people with more than if they didn't. Hence the phrase "exploit early, exploit often".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    They reduced it to what it should have been. Don't see why complain about it.
    Want to complain about something? Complain so that they undo it for the ones who took advantage of it.
    Then you are not seeing far enough it seems. They created an awkward situation with all this dilema. They are giving a sense of rush and distrust all over the launch for many people as you can see in the forums and ingame.

And yeah, people can have an opinion about stuff going on, its not like we are complaining here for the sake of complaining. My intent was to discuss what happened here and know if people are OK with it. And so far, it seems that's not the case.
    Last edited by Shigma; 2021-05-20 at 11:00 AM.

I'd be really mad... but fortunately i totally do not care or play PvP at all.

Not rage mad about it, but not really happy. I just want to refund my items now

I'm more unhappy with marks being lost in mail and that it was "intentional" according to blizzard themselves. They must have known that it was something ppl did and not saying anything except afterwards is just retarded... but hey, Blizzard has always been known for some of the worst communication so no real suprise.

I will not be surprised if they wipe honor and marks at launch, and we'll most likely not se a blue post confirming anything but instead see this at launch... so hf wasting your time until then

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    They reduced it to what it should have been. Don't see why complain about it or did you expect to boost a char and have it in full r14 gear for free.
    Lmao yeah the same team that had to triple the extended maintenance over character mail is going to somehow take away the gear acquired, restore the gear that was there before, calculate the appropriate amount of honor and hope that they don’t totally botch the whole thing?

Fat chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Twyzz View Post
    I will not be surprised if they wipe honor and marks at launch, and we'll most likely not se a blue post confirming anything but instead see this at launch... so hf wasting your time until then
    They actually did that back in 2006.
    Honor was reset and you got some gold instead.

Why the fuck does the REP gear now also cost honor instead of just gold? May as well just delete that vendor