Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Exclamation Worst than WoD Launch

Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again. It may partially be your fault but Blizzard should've tested this WAYYYY before deciding the prepatch to launch this week. We're now getting this patch a whole -day- later in 2021.

Blizzard has been messing up in several areas lately. What the absolute hell is going on with MGMT?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again. It may partially be your fault but Blizzard should've tested this WAYYYY before deciding the prepatch to launch this week. We're now getting this patch a whole -day- later in 2021.

Blizzard has been messing up in several areas lately. What the absolute hell is going on with MGMT?
    Ok I'll hear you out. How do you propose they go about testing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderi View Post
    Ok I'll hear you out. How do you propose they go about testing this.
    the same way they test prepatch content during the beta like every other times.

10+ Year Old Account
    you want your ...

uhh...

*maths* 15/month comes to .50 a day, 2/3 cause you're not playing Classic Era or TBC Classic... Carry the 5, divide by zero, multiply by the square root of two...

Pester Blizzard about your missing 33 cents,
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, the 15 years old game that will last 2 years after relaunch will launch with a few hours delay, the world is ending.

You do realize what they are doing with this maintenance right?

I mean as long as the game works when its live,a pre patch delayed isnt a big deal really,just take a nap...walk the dog...do the dishes,i trust you will survive somehow

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wod was almost a week so they got quite a ways to go to be worse then wods launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderi View Post
    You do realize what they are doing with this maintenance right?
    which should have been done DURING THE BETA

Ah yes, blizzard should have totally tested the untestable first time in wow history (that I know of) that they had to literally duplicate and seperate EVERYTHING in the game. create new servers and merge servers, completely duplicate characters, mail, items, bank, currencies.

BUT OH NO, RANDOM MMOC MONG IS UPSET. Should have shut the game down a week ago and have it running this tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    They use to give 1day sub credits back in the day when stuff like this happened. I just chalk it up to being part of the classic experience

But they would lose valuable testing time prior to release! There's more involved than you think, stay med, take a nap.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Ah yes, blizzard should have totally tested the untestable first time in wow history (that I know of) that they had to literally duplicate and seperate EVERYTHING in the game. create new servers and merge servers, completely duplicate characters, mail, items, bank, currencies.

BUT OH NO, RANDOM MMOC MONG IS UPSET. Should have shut the game down a week ago and have it running this tuesday.
    In theory they have already tested duplicating everything in game as they do it with character Copy’s and the PTR.

In practice even character copy’s on the PTR can be delayed so it’s likely that by doing it all at once they have a sort of data bottleneck.

Nah dude. Not worse. Not yet anyways. WoD we were in game and shit was breaking left and right on top of 8 hour queues for like 3-5 days. I cant remember how many days actually but it was in that ball park or more.

Itll be worse if we do lose all of our mail, the actual issue at hand.

I believe every launch up to WoD had an issue of sorts. Legion, bfa, shl had fairly smooth launches, along with classic while in game. Queue times with classic were manufactured to give the original vanilla feel.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

do you flush the toilet after or before pooping

You must be new around here.

There's nothing better than neckbeards crying like the world is going to end, thinking they know better than employees of the biggest gaming company in the world.

For me, it's fantastic. Since I can't really log in yet and my GF haven't even woken up. Nice with a chill slow start =)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

1. the issues they are having could not be tested
    2. this is a prepatch, not a new expansion. WoD's new expansion was laggy as fuck, given how they have performed with Legion's, BfA's and Shadowlands launch, as well as Classic, the worst we can probably expect on launch is a long ass queue

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    In theory they have already tested duplicating everything in game as they do it with character Copy’s and the PTR.

In practice even character copy’s on the PTR can be delayed so it’s likely that by doing it all at once they have a sort of data bottleneck.
    That's basically the cloning that happens AFTER this. There is WAY more to it than that and op is just being a whiny cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    you want your ...

uhh...

*maths* 15/month comes to .50 a day, 2/3 cause you're not playing Classic Era or TBC Classic... Carry the 5, divide by zero, multiply by the square root of two...

Pester Blizzard about your missing 33 cents,
    While it doesn't sound like a lot, if you factor in the massive amount of players who were simply unable to play, it means Blizzard essentially profited off them while denying them service.

More of a macro problem. In old times they credited accounts with time during maintenance. Now? Not so much.