Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yeah but it happened after everyone and their mama has already been tanking in blood for a good while
    The whole tag line of Death Knights was that they didn't have a fixed role spec. Each tree was original built and designed with the same fluidity and intention as the Druid feral spec of the time. Play the theme (Blood/Frost/Unholy) you want; spec (Blood/Frost/Unholy) for the role you want.

Sure some builds came out of top in various niches and roles, but each spec was designed and intended to perform both roles depending the talent selection.

I can't see wrath being as fun a second time because I doubt it'll have the two lockouts which will be a shame since, i'm sure you could get saved to 10 and 25 all the way upto totc. and then they brought in the single raid lock together with the badge cap.. it was probably needed because ppl have low impulse control but, it was a more flexible system prior to the kneecapping when you could get saved to both sizes (more alt friendly). the fun part of the expansion was during that period. after that patch it wasn't as fun since they effectively cut the raiding in half. but it'll for sure be that patch seeing as we have a trend going with having these expansions start at the final patch.

the first time around you could pug 10 man naxx with alts and use that gear to run pug 25 man ulduar etc etc then use gear from ulduar pugs to pug totc. this was easier to do when you had the two separate raid locks. which lasted a significant portion of the expansions run time before it was changed.

doing wrath from the beginning where you pick 10 or 25 and stick to that, boring. not being able to get saved to 10 mans because you did the 25 man, or not being able to pug the 25s because your guild is doing 10s. pass. the 10 mans made good progression into 25 but that only works if they don't share a lockout. I remember doing 10 man naxx and using some of the drops to then do the 25 man. in a world with a single raid lock, you only get to do one size.

lets not even mention the badge cap and that being a precursor to capping valor in cata. being able to just farm badges without arbitrary caps.

if anything needs to be looked at for wrath it would be, should 10 and 25 man share a raid lock and should heroic badges have a cap. I think both of these things just wouldn't make it more fun.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-05-28 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    The whole tag line of Death Knights was that they didn't have a fixed role spec. Each tree was original built and designed with the same fluidity and intention as the Druid feral spec of the time. Play the theme (Blood/Frost/Unholy) you want; spec (Blood/Frost/Unholy) for the role you want.

Sure some builds came out of top in various niches and roles, but each spec was designed and intended to perform both roles depending the talent selection.
    ...This prettymuch.

After the change, Blizzard was clearly looking to move away from that in general.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

This is a fascinating thread as we are already thinking of our progression into the ( not even announced but assumed) future classic offerings.

I think that we can expect a similar path where we expect a slow roll out of classic patches and the progression guilds will steamroll in, clear content even quicker than before ( as there are and were a lot, if not the majority of pservers en Toto that were Wrath ones) then the world will be even emptier for anyone leveling- I think the player base isn’t enough for classic wrath to sustain for even a year. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazlartist View Post
    This is a fascinating thread as we are already thinking of our progression into the ( not even announced but assumed) future classic offerings.

I think that we can expect a similar path where we expect a slow roll out of classic patches and the progression guilds will steamroll in, clear content even quicker than before ( as there are and were a lot, if not the majority of pservers en Toto that were Wrath ones) then the world will be even emptier for anyone leveling- I think the player base isn’t enough for classic wrath to sustain for even a year. Thoughts?
    How can Everquest have enough players to support numerous progression servers while, to this day, and somehow wow can’t?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Authenticity. Meaning yes the weird DK specs, yes the flying only at 78, yes achievements, yes heirlooms, yes Strand of the Ancients.

The only two things I think should be debated are "Should Wintergrasp be capped and if so at what?" and "What LFG flavor should be there? None, BC, or LFD?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazlartist View Post
    Blizzard explicitly referred to Classic-TBC servers as "progression" servers.

This is 99% confirmation that WOTLK is happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Should players have separate achievements in Wrath Classic or have their achievements from the live game migrated to Wrath?
    Literally everything else is separate between classic and retail, why would achievements be any different?

How should [flying] be handled this time around?
    Same as it ever was. Level 80 requirement for Northrend flying, account-bound item that requires level 80 to purchase but level 78 to use.

My question is should Gold Heirloom vendors be added in Wrath or keep it as-is?
    However it worked in 3.3.5 should be how it is. I'm not sure why you keep bringing up this weird idea of "what if we had cata stuff in wotlk".

TBC Classic's Prepatch gives a pretty good indicator for what to expect in regards to DKs: They'll be made available two weeks before Northrend goes live. Players were limited to one DK per sever and you had to have a level 55+ char on the server you wanted a DK on when Wrath was current. Both limitations were removed a few expansions later. Should these restrictions be included or not?
    No reason not to have them available to level 2 weeks before launch.

Speaking of DKs. We know Blood (originally DPS) and Frost (Originally Tank) were swapped as DPS or Tank Specs with Wrath's first content update. I assume they'll start as Blood Tank and Frost DPS but what if Blizzard gave players the option of playing them as Blood DPS or Frost Tank? Maybe add an NPC to Acherus who could flip those two specs to DPS or Tank for Gold.
    Again....like it was in 3.3.5, why would we do anything different?

Wintergrap...whew. Blizzard learned fast launching the game without a cap was a dumb idea and it made the outdoor BG a lagfest until they added a hard cap and then kept shrinking it. What should the cap be? I think 120 per faction would be a good start (240 total) but it can be lowered to 40 per faction (80 total) if needed.
    Could likely do something with layering, maybe. I'd be more concerned about faction-lopsided servers where the minority faction pretty much never gets to do VoA because the majority-faction always controls WG.

Stand of the Ancients was introduced in Wrath but was retired a few years back. Should it return?
    Almost Forgot: Can we all agree Battle for Undercity MUST be included?
    These were both things that were in the game during WOTLK, why the hell would they not be present for WOTLK Classic?

This is like asking "Naxx40 was retried in wotlk, should naxx40 be back in vanilla classic?" like...what the fuck, of course it should be, why wouldn't it be?