Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Arthas story should have ended in WotLK. that was a fine end.

Digging up his decomposing body just to to drag it through another ham-fisted redemption arc is a massive warning sign that Blizzard's new writers are unable to write their own characters who can carry a story.
    You can lay this all on the ham hands of Steve Danuser. The story has fallen off a cliff, bounced down the canyon walls, and exploded in flame since he took over, (I suspect the reason why Afrasiabi left last summer, that is still a mystery, but I'd bet was him losing the battle to control the story.) Danuser is hell bent on redoing all of the lore to his liking, and is mangling it to the point it's just comedic how bad it is. Granted, it's video game plot line, but that doesn't mean you can't have decent stories and plots and characters.

I've never been a fan of the fanfic level writers of WoW books, like Golding, Knaack, and the rest, but they're proving to be more talented at crafting story than Danuser is, that's how bad it is. I kept hanging around the WoWverse long after I quit playing, because I was curious as to where they'd take the story, but I'm almost, but not quite at the point where I won't pay attention at all, moving forward. Why bother? It's awful. The only thing worse would be watching a video by that Pyromancer dude who tries to deconstruct Danuser's horrible writing (I feel bad kind of for that dude, being that invested into bad writing) It's gone from curiosity about the story, to it just being unable to look away from a bloody car crash. I just laugh at the World Of Steve Danuer's Waifucraft, and kind of die inside he's actually paid to be this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If Arthas is redeemed I might just quit WoW. Why can’t we just have well written, evil characters?
    I don't think they should even touch Arthas story again but we are past this point now. Still I belive Arthas was not himself when Frostmourne took his soul. Kinda like a mind control of sorts, he lost all senses of morality. He says that in the first cutscene in the scourge campaign in Warcraft 3.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are people debating whether Sylvanas, Anduin, and Arthas had agency. Viewing these characters from the moralistic standpoint of someone on Earth in 2021 is absurd. Sylvanas willingly does what she does, Arthas' bad feefees were exploited, and Anduin is a drone. Case closed. Who cares.