Did I just got a mail advertising the launch of the 9.2 before even the first ptr ?

As title said, I just got a mail advertising the launch of 9.2. Not with a date ofc, but heavly implying that the content was here. Also advertising the new lvl 60 boost (max level boost mid expansion? I though thoses where only available for preorder of the next expac at first). Is that usual? The link redirect to the preview they post some days ago, the content of the mail is really similar to old patch mail (like the one for 9.1) but those where posted the day of the patch... Its quite misleading to say "brave the unknown", "explore the new raid and fight the jailor", "buy our new boost to catchup" then link a dev preview for a patch that will probably not go out before at least february.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorcall View Post
    As title said, I just got a mail advertising the launch of 9.2. Not with a date ofc, but heavly implying that the content was here. Also advertising the new lvl 60 boost (max level boost mid expansion? I though thoses where only available for preorder of the next expac at first). Is that usual? The link redirect to the preview they post some days ago, the content of the mail is really similar to old patch mail (like the one for 9.1) but those where posted the day of the patch... Its quite misleading to say "brave the unknown", "explore the new raid and fight the jailor", "buy our new boost to catchup" then link a dev preview for a patch that will probably not go out before at least february.
    Yeah? It is the basic, 'get prepared' message.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I mean, I got the same email.

It does reference a few times that it's upcoming though-
    Journey beyond the Afterlife to the realm of the First Ones , unearth ancient secrets, and protect the sacred place in the upcoming finale of Shadowlands: Eternity's End™.

Descend into the all-new raid zone—the Sepulcher of the First Ones—to thwart the Jailer and his forces before he disrupts the balance of the cosmos. With the help of Automa, decode the Cypher of the First Ones to unlock the secrets of Zereth Mortis and the long-gone Progenitors. New allies, new class armor sets, and scores of new content await you in the Afterlife in the next update. Prepare to face your destiny in Eternity's End—the soul of Azeroth depends on it!
    So I wouldn't say at all that it's heavily implying the content is there. But I could see where one could get the impression that its close if they just read the headline.

Well yeah I know they send mails like theses, but it seems really early for me. I didn't checked all those I got but in the last ~1.5 year, so for shadowland, all patch advertissement I have where like a week or 2 before the patch, then a reminder the day of the patch, nothing 3+ month before.
    Last edited by Thorcall; 2021-11-13 at 05:53 PM.