10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It happens all the time. They could simply stop expanding, close locations, or even cut staff.

She owns the entire fucking company. It's her company.
    Man, it's almost like, maybe, sole ownership by a single capitalist is a . . . problem to be solved?

Asked, answered, covered... and ignored by you.
    Where?

I keep asking, you can't point it out. I looked, can't find it. That's why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'd like to underscore that you only arrived at this figure by presuming, falsely, that Snyder would have $0 in either income or capital gains throughout these 17 years.
    I've repeatedly pointed this out to him, but since it's inconvenient to his argument and involves acknowledging that we don't have a fully accurate picture of her financial situation so he gets angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the math was provided. Feel free to refute it with your own.

I fucking dare you.
    Your refusal to consider her income and capital gains in that period is pretty clear refutation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From the wee age of 6 years old, you could see the glimmer in young Jeff Bezo's eyes as he was mentally building out his 20 year plan for Amazon.

I am! I'm thinking about the suffering that the ultra-wealthy must endure so that we can maybe make sure a poor kid doesn't literally starve. What's worse, a poor starving child or a billionaire not being able to expand their collection of Mesopotamian sex toys?
    What about Lynsi Snyder?

Care to try and empathize with her, before you seek to force her company out of her hands?

- - - Updated - - -

Your refusal to consider her income and capital gains in that period is pretty clear refutation.
    Great, let's see your numbers. I challenged Edge to do it several days ago... and the dude took off. The tax burden from the new tax is over $160 million, not including any other income taxes. She has $600 million in assets that are not her company.

I'll wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, let's see your numbers. I challenged Edge to do it several days ago... and the dude took off.

I'll wait.
    43. And 96.2.

There, I made up irrelevant numbers that don't represent Snyder's complete financial holdings and future earnings too. This proves as much as the figures you provided.

What about Lynsi Snyder?
    What about her? Are we still pretending that she's a statue who lives purely off of her inheritance of the In & Out company, has $0 income, has $0 outside investments or assets, and needs to live off of her In & Out stock for life? Won't she have to sell that to like, buy food at some point? GIVE HER FREE FOOD SO SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO LITERALLY BE FORCED TO SELL HER COMPANY SO SHE CAN EAT!

43. And 96.2.

There, I made up irrelevant numbers that don't represent Snyder's complete financial holdings and future earnings too. This proves as much as the figures you provided.
    Are those numbers how much she is worth, how much her company is worth, or have anything to actually do with the tax plan?

0.0004%

That's the chances of Warren's plan coming to fruition. Thanks Fucking God.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about her? Are we still pretending that she's a statue who lives purely off of her inheritance of the In & Out company, has $0 income, has $0 outside investments or assets, and needs to live off of her In & Out stock for life? Won't she have to sell that to like, buy food at some point? GIVE HER FREE FOOD SO SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO LITERALLY BE FORCED TO SELL HER COMPANY SO SHE CAN EAT!
    She might have to only get by on her measly $10,000,000 salary. The horror.

The numbers were provided.

You ran away, so I didn't catch if you could refute any of it.

At least liberals and progressives no longer get to bitch and moan when the GOP isn't being empathetic towards pregnant women or minorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are those numbers how much she is worth, how much her company is worth, or have anything to actually do with the tax plan?
    They come nearly as close as your figures do to an honest and proper assessement.

The difference is I'll freely admit my numbers are nonsense that don't explain things.

I just took a look at the average salary of an In-N-Out burger employee and they barely make just over 15 bucks an hour. Then you take a look at the cost of living in many of the areas they're located, and it's still an insult. I know here in Maryland, $15 an hour will get you an apartment in a craptacular part of town.

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for billionaire heiresses, for example, who may say nice things to people on social media on occasion. If you want me to start to think <Mr./Mrs. rich person> treats their employees great, compensate them appropriately as well as contribute what you are supposed to contribute back to society because those same people helped you become or still be the billionaire you are today. So until you do, I don't want to hear it.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

They come nearly as close as your figures do to an honest and proper assessement.

The difference is I'll freely admit my numbers are nonsense that don't explain things.
    Great, let's see your evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    I just took a look at the average salary of an In-N-Out burger employee and they barely make just over 15 bucks an hour. Then you take a look at the cost of living in many of those areas, and it's still an insult. I know here in Maryland, $15 an hour will get you a apartment in a craptacular part of town.

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for billionaire heiresses, for example, who may say nice things to people on social media on occasion. If you want me to start to think <Mr./Mrs. rich person> treats their employees great, compensate them appropriately as well as contribute what you are supposed to contribute back to society because those same people helped you become or still be the billionaire you are today. So until you do, I don't want to hear it.
    Now, compare that to other occupations in the fast-food industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, let's see your evidence.
    That . . . I made up numbers? You're seriously demanding evidence of that?

That . . . I made up numbers? You're seriously demanding evidence of that?
    My numbers are backed by evidence.

Good luck!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, how much more are you willing to pay, before it becomes a hardship?
    In Sweden, so will use SEK.
    If I found myself with 20,000 SEK/month after taxes?
    I'd be fine with my entire income being taxes after that (~2400 usd a month)
    If I was alone supporting a family I'd need to raise that some, but as it stands I'd be able to save and invest every month on the back of that.

But if I get that every month ? Sure, got absolutely no problem giving up anything else.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    In Sweden, so will use SEK.
    If I found myself with 20,000 SEK/month after taxes?
    I'd be fine with my entire income being taxes after that (~2400 usd a month)
    If I was alone supporting a family I'd need to raise that some, but as it stands I'd be able to save and invest every month on the back of that.

But if I get that every month ? Sure, got absolutely no problem giving up anything else.
    Great, so do it.

Back up what you just said, and send all the extra to the Swedish government.

Heck, tighten those purse strings, and give them 6% more.

Now, compare that to other occupations in the fast-food industry.
    Okay. And? Most employees are not pulling in 150K at In-N-Out burger, for example. Many employees are the associates - the front-line workers. Those are the same workers that have to deal with the crazies who refuse to put on masks while getting paid a barely minimum wage salary.

The owners of Mcdonald's, for example, are also part of the problem and their further exploitation of paying their employees less is why the rich need to contribute more than they are. That doesn't exempt the heiress of In-N-Out burger.

It's not even a matter of, can they do it, it's a matter of, will they. They can do the right thing, but they don't want to.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Okay. And? Most employees are not pulling in 150K at In-N-Out burger, for example. Many employees are the associates - the front-line workers. Those are the same workers that have to deal with the crazies who refuse to put on masks while getting paid a barely minimum wage salary.

The owners of Mcdonald's, for example, are also part of the problem and their further exploitation of paying their employees less is why the rich need to contribute more than they are. That doesn't exempt the heiress of In-N-Out burger.

It's not even a matter of, can they do it, it's a matter of, will they. They can do the right thing, but they don't want to.
    Most are not, but In&Out has long offered health and medical coverage for their employees, and pays well above the industry average.

They did this for decades before other companies followed suit.

That's the problem In&Out has been doing the "right thing" for as long as most of us have been alive.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great, so do it.

Back up what you just said, and send all the extra to the Swedish government.

Heck, tighten those purse strings, and give them 6% more.
    You asked for an example of when I'd be happy, I put in an aspirational number.
    I currently do not make quite that amount after taxes (slowly getting there).
    It was mostly to show that I'm not a sociopath who think I am an island.
    Which you seem to think you are.
    - Lars