10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, I'm taking you at your word, and you even came back and agreed with it.

I'm beating the shit out of you with your own words. It's not browbeating, it's calling you out for your fucking blatant hypocrisy on the issues.

it is what you actually said, I copy/pasted it.
    That I think it would be okay if the GOP implemented taxes that caused undue hardship on the poor?

I in fact stated the categorical opposite. You're cherry-picking and quoting me out of context because you think by misrepresenting a partial quote, you "win", for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    See, people like you and I can actually verbalise liberty's place in our ideologies; liberty is generally good because a certain degree of self-determination is more effective at securing their dignity and welfare than mandating all aspects of behavior. By extension, however, that implies there are also instances where liberty is not effective at securing people's dignity or welfare - like allowing grotesque levels of wealth inequality.

Contrast to "liberty is good because it's good, therefore all restrictions are bad" and the contradictory mess of an 'ideology' that ensues.
    Also basic ideas like "poverty is a direct limitation on the liberties of the poor".

Which Machismo would never agree with, since he certainly argues against expanding those liberties pretty strenuously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Not by enough to ensure that taxes would still cover the cost without reducing the taxes to a point where services are cut so drastically that people suffer.

So good till they reduce the spending, since they are funding the programs you still support...when are you sending in your 2% to help pay for those services you still support? Where is your 2% for the debt and service payments we have to make for the decades of paying for the services you supported?

Yah you should have buckled a dozen and a half pages back when you refused to have an honest actual discussion instead of trying to find that "got ya" moment that means fucking nothing and has no basis in reality.

"oh you can send money to the treasury", thus solving nothing and fixing nothing. Yup great idea there buddy.
    Once again, I don't support it, you said you did.

Yup, great idea...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That I think it would be okay if the GOP implemented taxes that caused undue hardship on the poor?

I in fact stated the categorical opposite. You're cherry-picking and quoting me out of context because you think by misrepresenting a partial quote, you "win", for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Also basic ideas like "poverty is a direct limitation on the liberties of the poor".

Which Machismo would never agree with, since he certainly argues against expanding those liberties pretty strenuously.
    "It's not their responsibility to ensure taxpayers make smart investment choices and can fulfill their tax obligations easily.

If taxpayers want to fuck themselves over, that's on them."

I didn't say that about the taxpayers, you did. This is the problem, you placed yourself into a shitty position, where you tried to justify going after the wealthy, by shifting the burden of responsibility away from the government that was forcing it. You are giving that very force deniability in their own actions.

Once again, I don't support it, you said you did.

Yup, great idea...
    You don't have any federally paid programs you support?

Medicare?
    Medicaid?
    Military?
    Disaster Aid?
    Environmental Protection?

Nothing over the past 30 years of debt to pay for said services?

Come on you have to believe in something, so what is it?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You don't have any federally paid programs you support?

Medicare?
    Medicaid?
    Military?
    Disaster Aid?
    Environmental Protection?

Nothing over the past 30 years of debt to pay for said services?

Come on you have to believe in something, so what is it?
    I support WIC, have my money go to them. I love making sure kids are taken care of.

Sweet.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-10 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The solution for not having liberty is to just stop being poor, obviously. Just like the solution for there not being ethical methods of consumption in a capitalist system is to stop eating or wearing clothes. /s

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not their responsibility to ensure taxpayers make smart investment choices and can fulfill their tax obligations easily.

If taxpayers want to fuck themselves over, that's on them.

I didn't say that about the taxpayers, you did.
    Only if you cherry-pick me out of context to misrepresent the meaning.

Since I also said this;

In fact, it is not. The health and welfare of the citizenry is a political duty for politicians. The financial ease of vastly wealthy taxpayers is not.
    If your interpretation of the first doesn't gibe with that second, it's because you're wrong about what it means. You're cherry-picking outside of the context in which it exists. Not to mention the quote you're picking was made with direct reference to Mark Cuban and a hypothetical wealth tax, specifically, which is also context you're excluding.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53225605

It's right in the original post, and you're having to cut it out for a reason.

Well, you really cannot help the willfully ignorant, but at least I can say I tried to help them.
    Whelp I'm glad I'm not you than. You see, I enjoy helping people who appreciate that help, instead of knowingly wasting my time on people I don't believe even want it.

Only if you cherry-pick me out of context to misrepresent the meaning.

Since I also said this;

If your interpretation of the first doesn't gibe with that second, it's because you're wrong about what it means. You're cherry-picking outside of the context in which it exists. Not to mention the quote you're picking was made with direct reference to Mark Cuban and a hypothetical wealth tax, specifically, which is also context you're excluding.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53225605

It's right in the original post, and you're having to cut it out for a reason.
    So, you should care how they manage to come up with the money for those taxes you want to push on them... It is the responsibility of those trying to force it.

You sure don't seem to care about their welfare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Whelp I'm glad I'm not you than. You see, I enjoy helping people who appreciate that help, instead of knowingly wasting my time on people I don't believe even want it.
    Well, the ignorant are going to stay ignorant, but at least i can say I tried.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-10 at 08:31 PM.

I support WIC, and i actually do donate to it, already.

Sweet.
    wait out of all the things the govt does that is all you support?

You are talking about the food/nutrition program right?

umm how do you donate to it? Last time i checked its covered under the USDA’s budget and its part of the federal govt that runs a deficit each year.

You can donate to organizations that support, enhance and educate on WIC but there is no direct donation to this program that is federally funded (at a deficit)...unless you sending the treasury 2% and hope they spend it on WIC?

I'm kind of betting you support enough programs that you should be giving voluntary payments to the federal govt to help pay for all the services they provide. So what year did you start doing your fair share of paying down the debt and trying to cover the deficit?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you should care how they manage to come up with the money for those taxes you want to push on them...
    They already have the money because they're rich. And if they fuck themselves over to the point they are not rich, a progressive tax scheme wouldn't cause them hardship anyway. Problem solved.

That sure was easy.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you should care how they manage to come up with the money for those taxes you want to push on them... It is the responsibility of those trying to force it.

You sure don't seem to care about their welfare.
    Not what I said or implied at any point. You're just slandering me because it's easier than dealing with the merits of my position.

wait out of all the things the govt does that is all you support?

You are talking about the food/nutrition program right?

umm how do you donate to it? Last time i checked its covered under the USDA’s budget and its part of the federal govt that runs a deficit each year.

You can donate to organizations that support, enhance and educate on WIC but there is no direct donation to this program that is federally funded (at a deficit)...unless you sending the treasury 2% and hope they spend it on WIC?

I'm kind of betting you support enough programs that you should be giving voluntary payments to the federal govt to help pay for all the services they provide. So what year did you start doing your fair share of paying down the debt and trying to cover the deficit?
    I donate to a local group that "lobbies for it."

I also did the same thing when I lived in a different state.

Well, the ignorant are going to stay ignorant, but at least i can say I tried.
    So you know they are going to stay ignorant, so your intention is to fail? Enjoy that failure I guess.

Not what I said or implied at any point. You're just slandering me because it's easier than dealing with the merits of my position.
    The merits of your position are trash.

You showed you don't give a shit how they come up with the money you want, so long as you get your fucking money. You even said tat the GOAL was to force them to sell shit off.

That's wanting to cause undue hardship on them. Now, the real question, is why the sadistic nature?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you know they are going to stay ignorant, so your intention is to fail? Enjoy that failure I guess.
    Isn't there a saying about doing the same thing and expecting a different result or something? Lol.

Yep, i did fail at stopping them from being ignorant.

What a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't there a saying about doing the same thing and expecting a different result or something? Lol.
    Yep, like when I tried to teach you what capital gains were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep
    You do realise this is agreeing that your behavior is insane, yes? Lol.

"Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity."
    "Yep, like the time I did that."

I donate to a local group that "lobbies for it."

I also did the same thing when I lived in a different state.
    Probably get more bang for your buck donating to local charities that do the same thing. The program is pretty safe even with trump trying to get it cut, everyone knew even the crazy republicans in congress wouldn't cut funding to babies and moms.

Kind of skipped over everything else in the post, i know that can't be all.

Wouldn't have a functional country if the only thing the federal govt did was managed WIC.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You do realise this is agreeing that your behavior is insane, yes? Lol.
    Are you saying I shouldn't have tried to teach you what capital gains are? I guess I am crazy for trying to learnt you a lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying
    No, I'm pointing out that in your rush to try and score a gotcha you agreed your behavior has been insane. Lol.