Mac gaming mouse shift, Alt, Ctrl won't stay bound

Gaming mouse with extra programmable buttons set to modifier keys (Shift, Alt or Ctrl) does not work consistently.
    Same extra buttons assign to alpha-numeric characters do work.
    This is true for both 2 Razer Naga Hex and 1 Hex v2 mice and Logitech G602 mouse.

This seems demonstrably to be an OS issue and can get no joy from Apple

I noted that when connecting each new mouse the OS (10.11.6) always notices the new mouse as an unrecognized keyboard and asks you to push the key to the right of the shift key. This, of course, does not work as the mouse is not a keyboard and has no hard programed shift key.

The really odd thing is that intermittently, the side button mouse keys assigned to modifier keys (shift, Alt + Ctrl) do work as they should and then after weeks of working properly will suddenly stop working for a time and then start working again for no discernible reason with no changes to the computer during that time.
    I have bought 4 new mice in the passed 6 months assuming it was a problem with the mouse. Then I bought a mouse from a different manufacturer and had the exact same problem.

I have kept the mouse drivers up to date through all of this but have stopped updating Mac OS for the time being.

I need a solution, please

Deleted
    You do know this is not official Blizzard tech support forum, right?

Deleted
    Use windows.

thought I'd try mmo champion against my better judgement. lol. My opinion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefer View Post
    thought I'd try mmo champion against my better judgement. lol. My opinion confirmed.
    Don't mind the trolls. Your issue here is most mouse/keyboard companies don't make a OS X version to help you bind the additional mouse buttons. Back when i was running OS X i had to use a program called USB Overdrive that allowed me to bind those additional keys and then get them to work within WoW. It looks like they are still going and have been updated to OS X 10.12. You can get it over at usboverdrive.com - as a FYI I haven't used this program in years so i can't tell you how great or not great it is.

Blame Logitech/Razer their OS X support is awful. I finally gave in to the Windows world and built myself a nice PC and run Windows 10. I have better hardware now but I miss my OS X desperately.

Hopefully this works for you.

thank you for your answer. you restore my faith in internet humanity. I'll give that a try.

Deleted
    Check WoW interface, they have some changes for you!

A solution has been found! open Terminal and type the following:
    defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

Works perfectly now. Thanks to Dordric on Wow Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Who games on a Mac?
    Hey man there are dozens of us. DOZENS

Deleted
    I know nothing about macs but can't you bootcamp? Or whatever it's called and run WoW on the windows partition solving any kek OS issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefer View Post
    A solution has been found! open Terminal and type the following:
    defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

Works perfectly now. Thanks to Dordric on Wow Forum.
    This Saved me hours. I'm now running an M1 Mac at home for everything but wanted to have a mac for casual computing but it runs wow pretty good now. Thanks for the help.... even years down the road.