Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

I hope we will get fresh Classic TBC servers

The economy on classic is a mess and will be even worst when after upgrading Classic to TBC.

Also , I want to play on PvE server cause leveling on PvP one is a hot crap.

It's decided.

"rest of their realm", meaning that servers will continue (there might be new\fresh ones, but at least people can go along on theirs), and whoever wants to stay behind will be on 'new' classic servers

ps. assuming the leak is real.

I personally will continue my characters but them offering one/some fresh servers would be cool to see imo.

What a lot of people don't realize is how much more popular TBC is compared to Vanilla.

If you only look at private servers, you might assume Vanilla is much more popular, but that is mainly due to the lack of any good open source code for TBC servers.
    The codebase for Vanilla is extremely robust, and nearly perfect. With TrinityCore, WotLK has a massive open source project that is constantly being improved.

TBC codebase isn't there yet, so that limits how good the experience can be.

With TBC Classic, the code will be better than even the best Vanilla private server can muster, so you will see an influx of players that didn't even touch Classic.

If there are no new TBC Classic servers, that will discourage new players from joining, because why would they want to compete in an environment where a large portion have massive amounts of gold, guild connections and Naxx gear for leveling/dungeons/early raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    I personally will continue my characters but them offering one/some fresh servers would be cool to see imo.
    I hope so.

guess ill finish my 45 mage so I can transfer over at 60

Everything in TBC will be too expensive for new players. There needs to be new realms with locked transfers.

I'll probably just wait for new servers to be made when they inevitably clog up the popular ones
    Mighty one, never forget.

Silvermoon will be packed and bloodthistle (etc) will be sold for much more gold than someone can get ( without buying gold from the botters who already know this) etc etc - I’ll wait for another year then play !

We fucking did it! "You think you do but you dont" fuck my ass! Time to leave retail mentality behind and not be metaslave again. TBC FTW

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Everything in TBC will be too expensive for new players. There needs to be new realms with locked transfers.
    That's the only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    We fucking did it! "You think you do but you dont" fuck my ass! Time to leave retail mentality behind and not be metaslave again. TBC FTW
    someone being optimistic. Make sure to roll the proper class & spec in BC.

- - - Updated - - -

We should have classic servers up at all times.

There should also be fresh BC servers.

cant wait for what Blizzard has in store for this. Lots of people are hoarding gold on classic in hopes of taking it all with them to bc.

People just don't realize how economy works.
    If stuff is expensive, you also make more money from selling stuff.
    The only thing affected is fixed prices on vendors.
    All in all the value stays the same just with different numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    People just don't realize how economy works.
    If stuff is expensive, you also make more money from selling stuff.
    The only thing affected is fixed prices on vendors.
    All in all the value stays the same just with different numbers.
    Depends how you make your money, a lot of people make money through questing and dailies which while it was a perfectly valid strategy in 2007 it would be less than ideal in the situation where everything costs double or triple what it did in 2007 through inflation.

Either way the economy is gonna be screwed, the botting situation is hilariously bad on both classic and retail.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Either way the economy is gonna be screwed, the botting situation is hilariously bad on both classic and retail.
    yeah, when I play TBC I want to use bloodthistle ( for RP) as I always have and I suspect the cost just won’t be worth it as it will probably be the first unique item to be heavily farmed as it does give a small advantage ( or maybe it didn’t back in the day as I started in Wrath)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably depend on what the first week looks like. There are some Classic servers that are struggling and then splitting them between Stayers and Leavers might push them to the point of needing mergers on both ends of the split.

Then if we get a big surge like with Classic, they'll probably need to open fresh servers just to handle the overload.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just remembered this is Classic > BC so if you're planning to reroll Horde expect it to be pretty much a Fresh Start experience since Horde'll probably go from like 20-30% of a server to 50-60%.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    If there are no fresh servers, I won't be touching this.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I might level a character on a TBC realm if they open completely fresh ones with no Classic Vanilla players taking their level 60s with them.
    But might not bother at all even if that happens as I'm so eternally tired of all the cheating with bots, bought gold and the cutting edge mentality even from scrubs.

You do realize that gold you can farm in classic is going to be irrelevant in TBC right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I might level a character on a TBC realm if they open completely fresh ones with no Classic Vanilla players taking their level 60s with them.
    But might not bother at all even if that happens as I'm so eternally tired of all the cheating with bots, bought gold and the cutting edge mentality even from scrubs.
    Better not bother then. Both Classic vanilla and Classic TBC are way more hardcore than retail, it's not suprise that they attract all the hardcore players.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

i'd only play on fresh server for TBC. way too many gold buyers in classic the economy is so bad.