Thread: Euro 2020

Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not like it matter whether you lose 0-1 or 0-2. Though it doesn't really reflect how close that game has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Guess my first assessment was correct. Too bad, I'd have loved for Austria to actually end up taking it after their performance in this one.

Plus I still hold a grudge after '04.
    Again, what performance?

They defended in 11 almost the whole time and kicked like crazy thanks to the referee.

italy look better in extra time than the second half

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Again, what performance?

They defended in 11 almost the whole time and kicked like crazy thanks to the referee.
    They held their own against the proclaimed favorites to take the gold for more than 90 minutes, and were actually the team closest to winning before the overtime started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Again, what performance?

Besides the first 15 minutes and now in the over time Austria was the better team, stop complaining about the referee because he did not give you enough free kicks.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They held their own against the proclaimed favorites to take the gold for more than 90 minutes, and were actually the team closest to winning before the overtime started.
    Yes, especially if you can kick without taking cards.

Not the best Italy I agree but I don’t see why Austria deserved more, they didn’t do anything apart the offside goal of Arnautovic.

There's no argument, Italy scored more goals, that's what matters.

Austria was a massive underdog and brought proclaimed favorite italy close to defeat, they were undoubtedly the better team in the second half and a win wouldn't have been undeserved. Eventually Italy has better individual players and obviously the psychological edge in ET but AUT really performed way over expectation.

WELP! This ain't over yet!

And they aren't going down without a fight after all :P

5 mins to save it now

10+ Year Old Account
    They couldn't, could they?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Oh shit! This is entertaining for a neutral!

AUT ending about 1200 Minutes of ITA not conceding a goal :P

- - - Updated - - -

It's alo a scoreline way more representative about how close that game has been for the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    It's alo a scoreline way more representative about how close that game has been for the majority of the time.
    Indeed, much more agreeable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Italian struggle was real.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Italy moves on to the next round and had a much harder time than in the group phase, while Austria is out they can be very pleased with their performance as plenty of Italians fans had written that team of as being an easy win, which is was not.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Full credit to Austria, I expected them to get absolutely battered tonight, and they were half a yard offside from the biggest upset of the tournament.

Italy can't play like that against the likes of Belgium in the next round though.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Cracking match especially extra time.

I think the Austrians can be proud of what they managed to show today. they really deserved to play with the "big boys".

I'm Austrian, but as I said I fully expected the scoreline to be soething smiliar to what Denmark did to Wales today. While going out sucks obviouly, it think the tam can come home with their head held high.