Thread: Elden Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I might have missed something but I just couldn't get into that game. I was dropped into this world with barely explanation and a lore I did not understand and I was like "what now ? Do I just run around and kill mobs ?"
    In combat I also felt like a semi truck heavy and slow.

I really don't get the hype. I had a much better time on horizon / Witcher / ghost of Tsushima when it comes to open worlds.

I guess I'm not the right audience for that game.

How the fuck are you surprised? Is this the first game you didn't like?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    "what now ? Do I just run around and kill mobs ?"
    There are little yellow streamers coming off most sites of grace(these streamers are visible on the map and in the world, and work similarly to the direction-call winds in Ghosts of Tsushima). You are supposed to follow those until the end of the game, and stop and level up in that area if the path seems too difficult. It takes between 30 and 150 hours depending on how much you decide to improve your character, before moving on to the next yellow streamer.

Almost all the content is completely optional, and you don't lose much skipping it, but it is quite fun to explore for some people. Most of the things you find will be upgrade stones, currencies, or shards, all of which are made completely irrelevant by the end game(where such things can be bought for shards that are very easy to farm in large numbers). Only weapons and talismans, of which one can only wield 2 simultaneous weapons and 4 talismans are of import early on(and most are replaced by the end game, and the best talismans only come later on anyway). Only unfarmable items really matter, and they are better targeted towards the end of the game as well, such as Ancient Somber Dragon Smithing Stones and Larval Tears.

Only on my 2nd ng0 did I realize how much time I wasted by exploring everything. I do not regret a second of it, but I can now see the 30 hour thing. If I didn't care to explore, and just wanted to get through asap, 30 hours would be easy.

Problem is, if you decry the 120 hours or the "repetition" then the magic just didn't hit yall like it did me. None of that matters when it's like the best game I've every played. The more I learned about it, the better it did get, so honestly, I think a trivial once over after a few hours of playing isn't doing this game justice.

The lore is actually incredible. > Bioshock 1, honestly.

I've enjoyed the second NG0 way better than the first run, so I recommend to anyone, don't go into ng+, just flat out restart at least once. It's a better experience, imo.

Everyone of course will have their own opinion, but I submit that some of my favorite games have been games that I dismissed initially and then returned to play later, and found so much fun there. My first example was Final Fantasy Tactics. Coming from FFVII, it was such a disappointment initially, now, it is one of my favorite games. Some of my favorite games have been 2nd triers. Vagrant Story, BotW, FFTactics, Metroid Prime. These games didn't blow me away at first, but after trying them again, I finally caught on.

IMO, ER and Fromsoft is very much an acquired taste, but it is more appealing here than ever before.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-09 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Agree with this 100%.

Haligtree = Best Dungeon
    Ordina Liturgical Town Puzzle = Best Puzzle
    Farum Azula = incredible Dungeon
    Mogh's Palace = Awesome area and boss
    Melania = Best Boss
    Fire Giant = Most Memorable Boss that ain't Melania

Challenge goes from easy to tough at the endgame, which is awesome.

The list just goes on and on. The game gets way better towards the middle/end. The capital area is incredible and right before the snowfields too. End game is best game. IMO, that becomes a LOT clearer on the 2nd run. 2nd run starts super challenging until after Stormveil, then gets really easy, and gets hard/fun again right at/after the capital.
    Eh, I really can't agree on much of this. For me;

Best dungeon = Volcano Manor. Haligtree is worst, second worse if you count Redmayne Castle as a legacy dungeon.

Best puzzle =... well actually there aren't that many but I enjoyed some of the ways you could bypass/destroy the oneshot chariots.

Farum Azula is just OK as a dungeon to me. It's fairly linear for most of it and has no new enemy besides the Beastmen, visually the tornado and general background are cool as hell but the playable space kinda blends together. Also too much jumping.

Mogh's palace is pretty good, as is the man himself. No arguments here. Just dislike how the entrance to the place is a random portal tucked in some corner of Snowfield, whereas other underground areas are far more interconnected with the world.

Best boss = most definitely not Malenia. Visually she's on point but she's far too unfun to actually fight. Best bosses for me are Morgott, then Radahn and Radagon (and only Radagon, Elden Beast sucks).

Fire Giant is visually great but in terms of setpiece boss fights I actually prefer Rykard. Giant has far too many camera issues in melee.

I found the challenge, in NG at least, goes from hard to normal to easy to hard. Early game kicks your teeth in initially then you git gud and grab better gear so it becomes fair, midgame around Altus is the easiest part if you grind a bit beforehand, then you get at Mountaintop and the game spikes hard in difficulty and mostly in a bad way. Snowfield is the worst area in the game as well, and I'm including Lake of Rot here as someone who really hates the From Soft poison swamp bullshit that gives Miyazaki a hard-on for whatever reason.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

Best dungeon = Volcano Manor. Haligtree is worst, second worse if you count Redmayne Castle as a legacy dungeon.

Best puzzle =... well actually there aren't that many but I enjoyed some of the ways you could bypass/destroy the oneshot chariots.

Farum Azula is just OK as a dungeon to me. It's fairly linear for most of it and has no new enemy besides the Beastmen, visually the tornado and general background are cool as hell but the playable space kinda blends together. Also too much jumping.

Mogh's palace is pretty good, as is the man himself. No arguments here. Just dislike how the entrance to the place is a random portal tucked in some corner of Snowfield, whereas other underground areas are far more interconnected with the world.

Best boss = most definitely not Malenia. Visually she's on point but she's far too unfun to actually fight. Best bosses for me are Morgott, then Radahn and Radagon (and only Radagon, Elden Beast sucks).

Fire Giant is visually great but in terms of setpiece boss fights I actually prefer Rykard. Giant has far too many camera issues in melee.

I found the challenge, in NG at least, goes from hard to normal to easy to hard. Early game kicks your teeth in initially then you git gud and grab better gear so it becomes fair, midgame around Altus is the easiest part if you grind a bit beforehand, then you get at Mountaintop and the game spikes hard in difficulty and mostly in a bad way. Snowfield is the worst area in the game as well, and I'm including Lake of Rot here as someone who really hates the From Soft poison swamp bullshit that gives Miyazaki a hard-on for whatever reason.
    I could give best dungeon to either Stormveil or Haligtree. I personally loved the feel and lore and quests surrounding Volcano manor, but the dungeon itself fell flat for me. I definitely can see Rykard over Fire Giant, even if the Rykard fight has the gimmick. Haligtree also stands out due mainly to Millicent's quest along with the(imo) excellent layout. If one skipped Millicent entirely, I can definitely see leaning towards another one. The corrupted tree sentinel then the 4 sisters summon fight are both pretty epic with maxed out weapons that aren't just super op. I guess that really depends on one's build, but when they are perfectly balanced fights as melee, they are really fun and challenging, and that quest alone adds a great deal to that dungeon. Also the multiple pathways to reach the bottom are really appealing to me(especially since they are across such varied routes).

As far as Melania not being fun to fight, we will just have to agree to disagree. While I understand the aversion to not winning, the actual combat in that one is my fav in the whole game. It is also one of the only fights where I actually had to learn a substantial portion of the bosses moves, and couldn't just spam my way to a win. It is also my favorite fight to go back and help with. It has burnt a wonderful memory into my brain forever, haha, so that fight I give a perfect score.

As far as the Ordina Liturgical Town Puzzle, that is really a small thing I've grown to appreciate. It's basically the entrance to the haligtree, but you have to light the 4 torches. It also MAY be one's first introduction to invisible enemies, and the spell casters on the towers are very powerful. The overworld town is gated with magic doors, but you can go around them and scope out the important part of that puzzle, the ladders. Once you find your ladders/path, it still takes a couple of runs to light those torches and not get owned by the archers, but that little puzzle is just way better than the similar one in Caelid and after 2 playthroughs, it stands out has a high point for me, even if it is a pretty small puzzle. Loved that little area. The music and the phased visuals of ghostly light were also really effective.

As far as difficulty, it definitely starts off hard, gets easier, then gets hard again, lol. I agree with that for sure. Basically, you can outscale much of the game with somber stones, but once you get to +10 and the game starts to be balanced around +10 and higher levels, the difficulty really kicks back in. Not as much as the beginning really, but it definitely ramps back up.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-09 at 09:08 PM.

I don't mind Haligtree that much (except the bottom street filled with Revenants, that bit can be covered in nuclear fallout) to the point that I'd personally rank it rather highly, but Consecrated Snowfield sucks. It's one of the worst From Soft areas ever. And that includes even the north-western part. And Ordina Liturgical Town. All of it. Every single wretched corner of the place. Also, Mohg's Palace and the larger Mohg area are nice visually, but the enemies there blow. Mohg was nice, even if super susceptible to getting Azure'd to death really quickly.

Oh, and technically speaking you fight a Beastman as a boss in some cave, so not even they are unique to Farum Azula.

Radagon also sucks. At least as a caster. I killed him with my Twinblade after reloading the save for other endings and it was so much easier it was just pathetic (and he wasn't even hard as a caster, just an amalgamation of all the annoying things From Soft does to artificially increase the difficulty of their bosses). Hugging his left hand outright lets you avoid multiple of his attacks because they just go over you, you don't even need to dodge.

And yeah, not a fan of Malenia either, though for other reasons. I.e. that she didn't live up to the hype for me. I expected a new Sister Friede and Father Ariandel or Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower level of boss fight from what I read before getting to her and I got what was essentially a pushover. Just a pushover that leaves almost no room for retaliation, which leads to an artificially elongated and, consequently, rather boring fight. Just look at Let Me Solo Her no hit videos. He attacks after only two or three different moves from her, because everything else can have a quick follow up from her even if she just finished a long-ass combo. The no-hit fights of end-game bosses in other From Soft games allowed for much more aggression, making them even more impressive.

I'd also give Rykard an edge for the fact that he's finally a gimmick From Soft boss that was done right. And Fire Giant had some annoying hitboxes on some of his attacks, especially in P2. Though the transition in Fire Giant fight was super climatic.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2022-05-09 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I don't mind Haligtree that much (except the bottom street filled with Revenants, that bit can be covered in nuclear fallout) to the point that I'd personally rank it rather highly, but Consecrated Snowfield sucks. It's one of the worst From Soft areas ever. And that includes even the north-western part. And Ordina Liturgical Town. All of it. Every single wretched corner of the place. Also, Mohg's Palace and the larger Mohg area are nice visually, but the enemies there blow. Mohg was nice, even if super susceptible to getting Azure'd to death really quickly.

Oh, and technically speaking you fight a Beastman as a boss in some cave, so not even they are unique to Farum Azula.

Radagon also sucks. At least as a caster. I killed him with my Twinblade after reloading the save for other endings and it was so much easier it was just pathetic (and he wasn't even hard as a caster, just an amalgamation of all the annoying things From Soft does to artificially increase the difficulty of their bosses). Hugging his left hand outright lets you avoid multiple of his attacks because they just go over you, you don't even need to dodge.

And yeah, not a fan of Malenia either, though for other reasons. I.e. that she didn't live up to the hype for me. I expected a new Sister Friede and Father Ariandel or Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower level of boss fight from what I read before getting to her and I got what was essentially a pushover. Just a pushover that leaves almost no room for retaliation, which leads to an artificially elongated and, consequently, rather boring fight. Just look at Let Me Solo Her no hit videos. He attacks after only two or three different moves from her, because everything else can have a quick follow up from her even if she just finished a long-ass combo. The no-hit fights of end-game bosses in other From Soft games allowed for much more aggression, making them even more impressive.

I'd also give Rykard an edge for the fact that he's finally a gimmick From Soft boss that was done right. And Fire Giant had some annoying hitboxes on some of his attacks, especially in P2. Though the transition in Fire Giant fight was super climatic.
    Haligtree just wasn't very interesting to me, even if visually gorgeous. The branch area is annoying, Loretta is a completely inconsequential speed bump, there's literally no new enemies, Erdtree Avatars used as standard foes can go die in a fire, the Revenant alley you mention is even worse, and the Tree Spirit in a small area of rot is peak unfun stupidity that begs to be cheesed instead of engaged in earnest. Then the final strecth is weirdly some soldiers and prawns scattered half-heartedly, kinda feels unfinished to me for some reason, feels like there should be stuff like a Cleanrot Knight duo guarding the Site of Grace before Malenia or something, she's their boss after all. The Millicent questline end fight is pretty good at least.

I played a caster/melee hybrid and Radagon was pretty fun TBH. Maybe because it felt like some moves were best countered with melee and others with ranged so my toolset was perfect for it. I do feel his large conical AoE move is very, very easy to punish in melee. But I dunno I still liked the fight a lot, think the music helped, it's the only track I remember, being a remix of the main menu's.

Still my favorite fight by far is Morgott, he's got soooo many attacks and while he can sometimes break into a new combo he doesn't deal enough damage that it feels bullshit, just enough to keep you on your toes. And he's got A+ lines and voice acting too. Bit too easy to avoid and snipe as a caster, but it is a small critique of a great fight.

Malenia's worst thing, for me, was Waterfowl Dance. All her other moves feel at least somewhat counterable. But then she whips up that move and you either counter it perfectly or you get trucked. And sometimes she immediately follows it up with another combo of moves! That shit is just frustrating as fuck. As you said it feels like there's very little opportunity to be aggressive because she heavily punishes that with her ability to start a combo out of nowhere. But it's still not nearly as aggravating as that damn anime dance from hell. Just not a fun fight at all for my playstyle.

Bosses like Isshin or Slave Knight Gael are miles better because they're challenging but don't pigeonhold you into one playstyle. You can be aggressive, you can be more passive, there's a rhythm and dance to it. Malenia mostly means waiting for your turn until she finally does one of the moves she can't immediately follow up on. Or just cheese her with stuff like Tiche, Rivers of Blood and/or freeze pots as she revs up Waterfowl Dance but that's just not satisfying IMO.

Agreed on Fire Giant, the cinematic was incredibly cool. But that's not enough to make him a great boss. He's a good one tho, not dissing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I got what was essentially a pushover. Just a pushover that leaves almost no room for retaliation, which leads to an artificially elongated and, consequently, rather boring fight. Just look at Let Me Solo Her no hit videos. He attacks after only two or three different moves from her, because everything else can have a quick follow up from her even if she just finished a long-ass combo. The no-hit fights of end-game bosses in other From Soft games allowed for much more aggression, making them even more impressive.
    I swear it feels like we're playing entirely different games when people talk about offensive uptime on ER.

The re-used bosses are in the game to show you how far you have come.
    Or how far you haven't come. People complaining about repeated Ulcerated Tree Spirits or Erdtree Avatars must have seriously not learned how to fight them. They become absolute pushovers once you learn their moveset... Kinda like an exercise that used to feel really hard but not it's easy due to conditioning.

Problem with the game is that it's too easy to deal tons of damage. Got a feeling there isn't raw infusion this time around because upgraded weapons are already too strong even without any stat investment. This leads to people winning absolutely messy fights without having to actually learn those fights... So when they fight the same boss for the 5th time it's still as messy as it was the first time instead of executing a well rehearsed dance

I have a dream that one day the community will embrace high vitality, high vigor, low damage runs instead of level 1 runs where you deal more damage than most people on their first playthrough due to strong gear.

Malenia's worst thing, for me, was Waterfowl Dance. All her other moves feel at least somewhat counterable. But then she whips up that move and you either counter it perfectly or you get trucked.
    Or you get a shield, block the first volley and dodge the others. Just needs one of high stamina, 30str (for a greatshield) or reinforce. Maybe the stability talisman would be enough for a medium shield on low-ish stamina, but not sure.

Feels like sheer insanity how the community embraced the hardest way possible to avoid it just because of like... 10% extra HP per waterfowl.
    Last edited by Dudenoso; 2022-05-09 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudenoso View Post
    I swear it feels like we're playing entirely different games when people talk about offensive uptime on ER.

Or how far you haven't come. People complaining about repeated Ulcerated Tree Spirits or Erdtree Avatars must have seriously not learned how to fight them. They become absolute pushovers once you learn their moveset... Kinda like an exercise that used to feel really hard but not it's easy due to conditioning.

Problem with the game is that it's too easy to deal tons of damage. Got a feeling there isn't raw infusion this time around because upgraded weapons are already too strong even without any stat investment. This leads to people winning absolutely messy fights without having to actually learn those fights... So when they fight the same boss for the 5th time it's still as messy as it was the first time instead of executing a well rehearsed dance

I have a dream that one day the community will embrace high vitality, high vigor, low damage runs instead of level 1 runs where you deal more damage than most people on their first playthrough due to strong gear.

Or you get a shield, block the first volley and dodge the others. Just needs one of high stamina, 30str (for a greatshield) or reinforce. Maybe the stability talisman would be enough for a medium shield on low-ish stamina, but not sure.

Feels like sheer insanity how the community embraced the hardest way possible to avoid it just because of like... 10% extra HP per waterfowl.
    Or maybe I'm running Dex/Int and have very little STR or the equip load to get the big stonking shields that block it for that matter. Sorry for not playing the proper way in a game that usually is all about playing your way, I suppose.

Another thing that I do not get is how some people like Volcano Manor dungeon so much. For me, it was a huge letdown.

All the zone surrounding Volcano Manor is absolutely amazing, is like seeing the rest of hundreds of armies trying to reach Volcano Manor from every possible point without succeeding, giving to despair. But the dungeon itself? Very meh. Plus Rykard, while being super cool, is super easy, just spam the lance special attack and he is done.

But I guess that this disparity in opinions speaks very well of the game. In many ways, for me, is the best game of all time.

I am that kind of player that when the platinum of the game is obtained, no longer has the desire to play that game again. But Elden Ring has become the game that I continuously play when I have nothing else to play, and boy, I cannot wait to have more content for this game, the things that they can do with it !! I will be tremendously happy with just new zones and dungeons, but I think that some kind of infinite dungeon, even with roguelike elements, will keep me playing forever.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Or maybe I'm running Dex/Int and have very little STR or the equip load to get the big stonking shields that block it for that matter. Sorry for not playing the proper way in a game that usually is all about playing your way, I suppose.
    I did say one of "high stamina, 30str (for a greatshield) or reinforce". Notice how one of those isn't tied to attributes.

Miss me with that glass cannon rubbish. It's still an RPG, if you build a 10/1 offense/defence stats spread (vigor, endurance and str are defensive stats) AND refuse to gear up to make up for it then there really should be something in there to wreck you for that decision.

The same way there should be something in the game to wreck you for deciding to only have fire damage, or for only having magic damage, or for only having survivability, etc... The decision is meaningless if there's no wrong choice

Failing on your build is as valid as failing on the gameplay. Having a character that's 95% damage and complaining that you don't have an easy survivability option is ridiculous - that's what you sign up for when you build a character like that.
    Last edited by Dudenoso; 2022-05-10 at 12:17 PM.

Just read that from software and gamesworkshop is making a elden ring like 40k game staring Henry Cavill.

Revealed in a joint press release by FromSoft and GW on Friday, Warhammer 40k: Nihilus is intended to be a “vast, mysterious, and constantly surprising open-world action-RPG of the same breed as Elden Ring” – but the release also promises it’ll stay true to the “grim, dark heart of the Warhammer 40,000 universe”.

Though the article was posted april 1 so perhaps a aprils joke anyone know if its real?

Would be sweet if true.

https://www.wargamer.com/warhammer-4...e-henry-cavill

Nvm seems like a cruel joke should have read the thing too, so sad now
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-05-10 at 03:48 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Nah homie, no int build gets to complain about Malenia when they can literally chug the 0 mp flask and entirely ignore phase 2 by kamehamaha beam kill while she is still in the flower.

Congrats you just have to get lucky one time with phase 1 and then its a free kill. Such hard fight to complain about for int build lul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nah homie, no int build gets to complain about Malenia when they can literally chug the 0 mp flask and entirely ignore phase 2 by kamehamaha beam kill while she is still in the flower.

Congrats you just have to get lucky one time with phase 1 and then its a free kill. Such hard fight to complain about for int build lul.
    I didn't stay glued to the wiki nor explore literally every corner so I didn't have Comet Azur. Again, sorry not sorry for not playing my game the way you want it.

Also, little secret, I only died to her like 4-5 more times than to Morgott. I actually did beat her in about a hour and a half of tries. I just didn't have fun doing it, while the hour I spent on Morgott was quite fun because I think the boss is much better designed than Malenia's oneshot wombo combo and random hyperarmor stupidity. Isshin also killed me more times, I think, and I don't regret a second of it because he's an amazing fight start to finish. So can it with the git gud nonsense.

With Melania I think different builds can make or break the experience. I talked to a few people who played her. I loved her (played strength ungabunga build), dex/bleed guys felt she was meh, and those who played spellcasters absolutely detested the boss. Visually tho she's pretty awesome, yeah.

FG was epic as fuck. And I agree, last boss would be much better if P2 was Radagon, but Super Saiyan or something. Elden Beast was a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Another thing that I do not get is how some people like Volcano Manor dungeon so much. For me, it was a huge letdown.

All the zone surrounding Volcano Manor is absolutely amazing, is like seeing the rest of hundreds of armies trying to reach Volcano Manor from every possible point without succeeding, giving to despair. But the dungeon itself? Very meh. Plus Rykard, while being super cool, is super easy, just spam the lance special attack and he is done.
    VM did it for me with just the feeling of discovery. When I found it, it felt like just an alt Roundtable, just a questhub for a few missions. I had no idea this place would open up so much, to the point of exploring another whole village and facing a fucking SnakeFaceMan. Boss being made easy by the spear feels right too, a little throwback to oldschool RPGs with similar approaches. Not every boss needs to be hardcore, and this fight was still climactic af.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2022-05-10 at 04:51 PM.

While powerstancing and summoning a powerstanced mimic and using the potion right before summons that increases stamina damage, and running high enough health, and running a rune arc and weapon enchant, it is pretty easy to stunlock Melania and get her to phase 2 everytime. Then just run tangent to her ball attack and survive that(maybe top off before it) and you are in phase 2. The difficulty I had was finishing phase 2, which basically revolves around jumping L1's and throwing in an extra attack when topped off, and when that doesn't work after a dozen tries, start learning those moves and being a little more patient.

In phase 1, you should try to use the arena to get her near a wall, which allows less room for her to escape while also allowing an easier stucklock with power stance, this is especially true when using mimic which imo is a better alternative than tiche for this fight if you have the above setup(particularly the stance breaking potion and the combo attack bonus talisman). You'll want to make sure to hit the R1s when you break her stance for the extra damage. Phase 1 goes quick.

I fought her an hour a day for maybe 5 days before success. She was the hardest mob in NG0 for me. I meleed her with both my faith and int builds, because I don't want to cheese this one with comet azur and also because I just found out you could even do that on her from the above posts, lol. I figured she was too mobile, but the flower part in phase 2 would be golden. I wonder if one just tops off and tanks the flower, or if they dodge before the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    With Melania I think different builds can make or break the experience. I talked to a few people who played her. I loved her (played strength ungabunga build), dex/bleed guys felt she was meh, and those who played spellcasters absolutely detested the boss. Visually tho she's pretty awesome, yeah.

FG was epic as fuck. And I agree, last boss would be much better if P2 was Radagon, but Super Saiyan or something. Elden Beast was a chore.

VM did it for me with just the feeling of discovery. When I found it, it felt like just an alt Roundtable, just a questhub for a few missions. I had no idea this place would open up so much, to the point of exploring another whole village and facing a fucking SnakeFaceMan. Boss being made easy by the spear feels right too, a little throwback to oldschool RPGs with similar approaches. Not every boss needs to be hardcore, and this fight was still climactic af.
    Personally I just liked the vibe of the place, it just oozes evil out of every crevice. I particularly liked the lava bridge having cages underneath it. You know you're a baddy when you casually fry your victims in a volcano every time you wanna enter or leave home. And those crawling thingies with round hats that make disturbing noises freaked me the fuck out at first too.

And yeah, an easy boss can still be a cool boss. The best ones are both hard and nice to fight, but smashing giant serpent man with spear lasers doing 10k+ dmg is its own kind of fun.

Doing my last bits to get 100%, just need the flame ending. Early stuff dies so fast though. Going to summon players this go since I didn’t other times see how fun that is.

Agree with this 100%.

Haligtree = Best Dungeon
    Ordina Liturgical Town Puzzle = Best Puzzle
    Farum Azula = incredible Dungeon
    Mogh's Palace = Awesome area and boss
    Melania = Best Boss
    Fire Giant = Most Memorable Boss that ain't Melania
    For me:

Stormveil - Best Dungeon
    Ordinal Liturgical Town - Meh, it was ok. 2 annoying enemies and a pretty basic premise. It's also very short.
    Faram Azula - it was ok. Definitely not as good as Stormveil / Volcano / Leyndell
    Mogh's Palace - this place was underwhelming to me. Super short, no interesting enemies, visually underwhelming. The boss was pretty good though.
    Malenia - Lol no, one of the worst bosses. I don't even find her that visually or mechanically interesting, she's pretty vanilla and not in a good way. Haligtree is a great dungeon though. Best boss to me was Horah Leux or Astel.
    Fire Giant - Eh, he was ok. To me, most memorable boss was Rykard. Cool visuals, good music, interesting boss design and good voice acting.

Does anyone that liked ER have any recommendations for open world games, that are good(I've already played Dragon's Dogma, Horizon:FW, Witcher 3, and BotW)?

Does anyone that liked ER have any recommendations for open world games, that are good(I've already played Dragon's Dogma, Horizon:FW, Witcher 3, and BotW)?
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Fallout: New Vegas, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Greedfall, Watchdogs: Legion and Monster Hunter World/Rise are pretty fun games. Some are more or less alike Elden Ring. But all are decent fun and offer fun game space.