View Poll Results: 9.1 Arrives 20th July?

Voters
171. This poll is closed
  • For Sure

56 32.75%
  • Hell Nah

57 33.33%
  • Dude, Where's my car?

58 33.92%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well that is one myth down. It is June 29th. Gonna be honest, sooner than I expected. Those who jumped ship cause they were bored of waiting will return gladly and I'm happy for them. Those who left for disliking the game won't return for this for sure. And if they found a new home, I'm happy for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well that is one myth down. It is June 29th. Gonna be honest, sooner than I expected. Those who jumped ship cause they were bored of waiting will return gladly and I'm happy for them. Those who left for disliking the game won't return for this for sure. And if they found a new home, I'm happy for them as well.
    I'll def be coming back, though, probably not this expansion tbh. I've been with wow from a few year after launch all the ups and all the downs, I still love it, and I'll stick with it. But this expac just isn't for me, so you are right at least speaking for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    This isn't exactly true anymore. FF14 recently passed WOW SL in monthly active subs
    Ah yes because Finalweapon.net is a fine source of reporting or that mmo-population.com is a reliable source of sub numbers. /s

Also note that the original analysis by Finalweapon.net's article is counting WoW numbers separately so it's FF14 vs WoW (retail) or WoW (classic) and not FF14 vs WoW (both retail and classic).

And even if you did want to go with MAUs, we still saw (from the financial quarter reporting) that despite losing MAUs in Blizzard IPs, Blizzard still brought in a tone of money. Not as much as Activision IPs or mobile but still a gain.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Right, I haven't gone on the PTR but in general people think it's a pretty normal patch. Not the biggest or best ever for sure, but not 6.1 either.
    For X.1 it's big patch, something like 7.2 or 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Ah yes because Finalweapon.net is a fine source of reporting or that mmo-population.com is a reliable source of sub numbers. /s

Also note that the original analysis by Finalweapon.net's article is counting WoW numbers separately so it's FF14 vs WoW (retail) or WoW (classic) and not FF14 vs WoW (both retail and classic).

And even if you did want to go with MAUs, we still saw (from the financial quarter reporting) that despite losing MAUs in Blizzard IPs, Blizzard still brought in a tone of money. Not as much as Activision IPs or mobile but still a gain.
    Thank god they brought in a tone of money. It's the only important thing after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    20th July is New World beta which is also conveniently a Tuesday... And we know how Blizzard like to stifle the competition... So who's betting 9.1 is 20th July?

Place your bets here!
    looks like we were both wrong 30th june it is

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    For X.1 it's big patch, something like 7.2 or 8.3.
    True, usually X.1 patches don't include a new zone, even a small one.

That said, we waited nearly long enough for it to count as a X.2!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'll def be coming back, though, probably not this expansion tbh. I've been with wow from a few year after launch all the ups and all the downs, I still love it, and I'll stick with it. But this expac just isn't for me, so you are right at least speaking for myself.
    Well I'm never going to say I will never come back. I won't be here otherwise. But the changes I would want to see happen before I do that...honestly I think there is a bigger change Square ruins FFXIV for me. At that point I would probably give ESO another chance and live my life as a vampiric lizard necromancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    True, usually X.1 patches don't include a new zone, even a small one.

That said, we waited nearly long enough for it to count as a X.2!
    By this time Vanilla, Cata and Mop had a .2 patch. By the time it releases we will be at Legion .2 patch and BfA .1.5 patch time. A week from WoD .2 patch.

After waiting this long I won't congratulate them for including stuff that a .1 patch doesn't normally have.

Yes that's fair, I did say it took almost as long as many X.2 patches.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So it is actually 9-10 days later than the New World Beta.

What now?
    Every damned time. The most surefire claims about "how they release their patches/expansions" or why they're doing X or Y, turn out to be wrong. Fantasies by random nobodies.

Meanwhile, the same thing goes on for every patch, every expansion release... Some people just never seem to grow tired of being wrong.

This particular random nobody actually figured there was no use in even guessing this time around, although August/September as some said felt laughable.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-17 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    20th July is New World beta which is also conveniently a Tuesday... And we know how Blizzard like to stifle the competition... So who's betting 9.1 is 20th July?

Place your bets here!
    I'll bet no. Cue the posts complaining that they're releasing it before it's ready.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-06-18 at 07:06 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    It doesn't matter. Activision marketing is extremely petty. The literal name of the plane of death was changed so that when you search Shadow and MMO in Google Shadowlands would pop up and not Shadowbringers.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...rld_of_Shadows <--- This expansion was supposed to be called World of Shadows because is the only mention of it in Burning Crusade prior to all this new lore and myth created out of thin air that completely goes against everything we learned in Wrath.
    There are many reasons why you are wrong and the fact that you didn't even bother to double-check your bias says a lot. They didn't rename the Shadowlands expansion to try to bully out Shadowbringers from internet search results. The first time the realm of death was called Shadowlands was in Chronicle Volume 1, a book that came out in 2016. You know what wasn't announced in 2016? Shadowbringers. Shadowbringers wasn't announced until years later (Late 2018, early 2019). The Shadowlands are also called "The Other Side", "Realm of the Dead", "Realm of Shadow", "Spirit Realm", "Realms of Death", and "Realms Eternal" in lore too, but that doesn't mean that that's the "literal name" of the Shadowlands either. That's simply how the people of those in-game cultures described them. You know, kind of like how real life humans have many words and phrases to describe our own potential afterlives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently not. Don't you feel silly now.

i think blizzard was more worried of streamers and content creators having a huge gap between TBCC and SL 9.1. which would give him time to play new world, elden ring, final fantasy, etc. 11 days to gear up in TBCC, arena, etc. before the back to retail grind. 45 new mounts, etc...coincidence? i think not.

i am glad the patch is coming earlier than many predicted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i think blizzard was more worried of streamers and content creators having a huge gap between TBCC and SL 9.1. which would give him time to play new world, elden ring, final fantasy, etc. 11 days to gear up in TBCC, arena, etc. before the back to retail grind. 45 new mounts, etc...coincidence? i think not.
    New World is releasing August 31st, 2021. Elden Ring is releasing January 21st, 2022. FF14 Endwalker is releasing November 23rd, 2021. There is plenty of time for streamers to consume both patch 9.1 and other games out there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The only thing it ended up aligning with was Black Desert online entire new class (^_^)
    But BDO decided to do it, not the other way around i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

I was always very curious to see if is true blizzard released patches before other MMO's releases.
    Bellular is always saying this is the case...but we all know the guy can be crazy...so i dont know.
    Did a quick search online but i found no one documenting every single time blizzard did this...so i gave up.

Today...some random ass WoW VS FFXIV meme video pop up on my recommended list...and it documented 2 times this has happened :O
    Last 20 seconds of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6r7...AthleonAthleon

FFXIV Heavensword (June 23, 2015)
    WoW patch 6.2.0 (June 23, 2015)

FFXIV Shadowbringers Early Access (June 28, 2019) or FFXIV Shadowbringers official release (July 2, 2019)
    WoW patch 8.2 (June 25, 2019)

What do you guys think?

If I was Blizz, I would have done the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    What do you guys think?
    So much shite going on everywhere, it's always bound to clash with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    So much shite going on everywhere, it's always bound to clash with something.
    I think is too much coincidence ^^
    Also...
    Blizzard released a survey to people asking how likely are they to play Final Fantasy XIV...what the hell (>_<)

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Blizzard released a survey to people asking how likely are they to play Final Fantasy XIV...what the hell (>_<)
    I'd bet money that previous surveys asked about the other MMOs at the time, too.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.