Page 11 of 116 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Maybe if we get very unlucky, what's much more likely is just gradual improvement over the decades.
    We won't be unlucky, the next few generations will be. But you deny reality all you want, I personally don't care to convince you or debate with, well, you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    We won't be unlucky, the next few generations will be. But you deny reality all you want, I personally don't care to convince you or debate with, well, you.
    But you're claiming doom is coming which is a pretty serious claim to be making. If you really believe the claim is true then it seems like you would be very alarmed and motivated to convince people you are right.

But you're claiming doom is coming which is a pretty serious claim to be making. If you really believe the claim is true then it seems like you would be very alarmed and motivated to convince people you are right.
    95% of scientists can't convince, And I don't debate people I don't take seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    95% of scientists can't convince, And I don't debate people I don't take seriously.
    @beanman12345, 95% of scientists aren't predicting doom for humanity... You're getting bogus information from somewhere. That is fear-mongering, not science.

@beanman12345, 95% of scientists aren't predicting doom for humanity... You're getting bogus information from somewhere. That is fear-mongering, not science.
    Whatever, enjoy your opinion based fox weather when it launches.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whatever, enjoy your opinion based fox weather when it launches.
    Saying that humanity is doomed is also opinion based. ACC doesn't determine whether humanity is doomed, what it actually depends on is whether people put in enough effort and the right kind of effort.

Saying that humanity is doomed is also opinion based. ACC doesn't determine whether humanity is doomed, what it actually depends on is whether people put in enough effort and the right kind of effort.
    Yeah an opinion I've drawn from seeing one side with 300 scientists from 20 countries argue we've already passed irreversible tipping point, and the other side full of insanely low IQ'd individuals pushing for the deregulations and deforestation of the Amazon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humanity is not doomed, not by a long shot.
    Current estimates put the average human at a 1 in 6 chance dying to an extinction event in the next half century. That's about five times as likely as dying in a car crash.

Russian Roulette is not a long shot, especially when you're adding extra bullets as you go along (see: climate change, nuclear war, manmade diseases, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah an opinion I've drawn from seeing one side with 300 scientists from 20 countries argue we've already passed irreversible tipping point, and the other side full of insanely low IQ'd individuals pushing for the deregulations and deforestation of the Amazon.
    Yeah...but he claims "science" but scientific authority is bull...and when you do that it's all good! The TX freeze that killed a lot of people, and the NW heat killing as many...are just hyperbole to be ignored.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Hey, that's just saving us a step. Pull them up outta the ocean, maybe add a pinch of salt and they're ready for eating.

Seriously though fuck this shit. We need some fuckin revolutionary action on this shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We need some fuckin revolutionary action on this shit.
    Nuh-uh, progress is incremental and not revolutionary. The Democrats, and in this case Canada's leftist government, are already saving the ecosystem with extreme environmental policies. Revolutionary action is not only unnecessary but it would also hurt the cause.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-08 at 05:10 PM.

Nuh-uh, progress is incremental and not revolutionary.
    The country you live in disproves this. We had like, a Revolutionary War and all that jazz.

The Democrats, and in this case Canada's leftist government, are already saving the ecosystem with extreme environmental policies.
    This is so painfully, obnoxiously, agonizingly wrong and misleading that it's difficult to take this as anything other than a bad faith post or a post from extreme ignorance.

Revolutionary action is not only unnecessary but it would also hurt the cause.
    Yep, that's why the democratic cause in French fell apart following the French Revolution. It abandoned democracy ages ago since the revolution hurt the cause.

When are we commencing the actions comrades?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nuh-uh, progress is incremental and not revolutionary. The Democrats, and in this case Canada's leftist government, are already saving the ecosystem with extreme environmental policies. Revolutionary action is not only unnecessary but it would also hurt the cause.
    Liberals here will reject this but this is basically what every single one of them believes anyway. Ask about Health Care policy and the people who will disagree with this post will emulate it word for word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as someone who's directly worked with figures in the Canadian government (and the Liberals are centrists, not "leftist"), while they're making some efforts, those efforts are still heavily pro-corporate and entirely insufficient. If you think they are "enough", then you don't actually understand the problems, which is sort of the overarching point, here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Liberals here will reject this but this is basically what every single one of them believes anyway. Ask about Health Care policy and the people who will disagree with this post will emulate it word for word.
    "Health care" is not a growing threat that is being exacerbated by human activity every year we continue as we are. Comparing the two issues in terms of response is entirely dishonest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    When are we commencing the actions comrades?
    Y'all can protest at any time in a reasonable area. Or you can vote out Democrats and Justin Trudeau at any time if they fail at addressing climate problems.

For any actions beyond that you should run it by your local police to make sure that everything you want to do is legit. Capeesh?
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-07-09 at 06:16 PM.

Ya'll can protest at any time in a reasonable area.
    unironically advocating for this:

Ya'll can protest at any time in a reasonable area. Or you can vote out Democrats and Justin Trudeau at any time if they fail at addressing climate problems.

For any actions beyond that you should run it by your local police to make sure that everything you want to do is legit. Capeesh?
    we seriously need to abolish fossil fuels in the short term. The best move recently was a geopolitical one (houithis when they bombed a saudi oil location). I'm not against people taking serious direct political action. If a group went around nuking bitcoin mining operations, or fossil fuel infrastructure it wouldn't bother me one iota.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    we seriously need to abolish fossil fuels in the short term. The best move recently was a geopolitical one (houithis when they bombed a saudi oil location). I'm not against people taking serious direct political action. If a group went around nuking bitcoin mining operations, or fossil fuel infrastructure it wouldn't bother me one iota.
    If I thought fossil fuel will cause a net decline in the metrics of civilization then I'd agree. I don't agree though.

Virtually every decision maker in the world disagrees with you, btw. Maybe you know something they don't, but probably not.