3+ Year Old Account

Class Prestige Ideas?

Hey all!

You may have seen my K'aresh fan expansion post here, which certainly took a while to put together. Since then, I've been putting together some ideas for an expansion concept that revamps the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

The idea is to have the structures of an ancient society that preceded the Titans' discovery of Azeroth to rise from far beneath the ground on these two continents. The general inspiration behind this society is a mix between advanced technology (pictured is the Gate of Time in Legend of Zelda's Skyward Sword) and ancient Greco-Roman architecture.

Essentially, I need some ideas for prestige classes that are based on this ancient society that worshipped the First Ones in a way that somehow incorporates this advanced ancient civilization's technology and culture into each class while maintaining each class' general fantasy. Thus far, I have two class "ascensions," which are listed below:

Death Knight → Runebreaker: Death Knights have taken on the ancient practices of the Runebreakers. In Azothan society, Runebreakers inscribed themselves with runes and infused runes into their abilities to empower themselves. Though a painful practice, the first Runebreakers were forced into this ritual en masse to create the Wall of Maedon.

Warrior → Gladiator: The brutalities of war were not of any fear to the fierceless Gladiators of Azotha. Originally hired as slaves to the Prime Augurate, a championship would be held in the Arena of Xaxys (pronounced Zak-zees) once a year. The slaves who survived the nauseating brutalities of this arena would be chosen for an elite group of warriors. The art of this elite lineage, now known as the art of the Gladiator, would play a major role in obliterating all Azothan threats.
    Based on these, as well as what you might want to see for your own class, what would you like to see for other classes? Here's what I have for every other class thus far:

Demon Hunter → Need Name Idea: Perhaps my least developed idea. I'd like to maintain the idea of a warglaive-wielding fast class that focuses on its demon form. Perhaps an enhanced demon form? Not too sure what to do about this one. I'd like Demon Hunter mains (or those who like Demon Hunters or have a good idea about DH lore in general)'s ideas!
    Druid → Need Name Idea: I’d like to try and make the druids inspired by this ancient culture a lot more war-like and fierce. I’m not too sure where to go in terms of magic types or anything, but my goal is to allow for some fun customization with different ancient animal forms to fulfill that part of druidic class fantasy.
    Hunter → Need Name Idea: One thought I’ve had thus far is mixing ancient technology (think something similar to Sheikah technology in Breath of the Wild) into the class. Another thought I had that I’m not too sure about is a mechanic that allows you to bind any beast species to your weapon, which changes the nature of your attacks.
    Mage → Need Name Idea: I was thinking along the lines of chronomancy, but I feel like that’s a little bit gimmicky and a very overused concept. The time magic would be incorporated in a way that alters the nature of the existing frost, fire and arcane spells rather than replacing them entirely with time-based spells. There’d be a few additional solely time-based spells, though.

The only issue I see with this is – if I recall – arcane magic allows for the use of time magic. Are fire and frost just different frequencies of arcane magic, or is the flow of that magic facilitated by arcane magic?
    Monk → Need Name Idea: The only idea that I’ve had so far is the addition of an ancient wardancing art into the mechanics of monk abilities. I feel like this is a bit gimmicky, though, and could take away from some of the neat fantasy that monks have.

Something I’d like to add to monks to give them some neat form of customization is the ability to have different kinds of brews that they could consume. Perhaps certain dwarven brews would provide you with different buffs than a pandaren brew, etc. etc.

What would monks want to see, though? I’m not well-versed enough in their class fantasy to have a general addition to their fantasy that would retain the fantasy that they already have going for them.
    Paladin → Need Name Idea: The thought I had thus far was that the ancient society that worshipped the First Ones in this project would have ardent defenders who enforced law and order across Ancient Azeroth prior to its discovery by the Titans. I don’t want to do some weird, gimmicky void paladin thing. I’m thinking of having a different form of light magic, however that is less based in holy sanctity and righteousness. That’s all I’ve got so far, though.
    Priest → Need Name Idea: Gonna be honest here: I’m really not sure what to do for priests. The only thought I’ve had so far is an ancient sect in this society that incorporates astral/celestial magic into their light/shadow abilities called Astromancers (as opposed to simply replacing their light/shadow abilities). Since the society on Azeroth with these structures that are seemingly of First Ones origin are worshipping the First Ones (the creator of the cosmos), I was thinking it’d be cool to have them look to the stars and act as a more secular force.
    Rogue → Need Name Idea: I’ve played a rogue before, and I really liked the fantasy behind outlaw in Legion (personally), but I’m not sure how rogues feel about it. The only idea I’ve had thus far is some sort of Western shadow Samurai. However, monks are obviously heavily based in Eastern culture and traditions, and I think they should maintain that distinction.

What would rogues want? I really can’t think of a cool prestige that would maintain the general idea of rogues without being too gimmicky or adding a ton of magic to a cool physical/shadow/poison-based class. I’d love your guys’ ideas, because I certainly don’t have any good ones for rogues.
    Shaman → Need Name Idea: Shaman is the class that I have least experience with, but one idea I had so far is a prestige class that utilizes the first ever totems crafted by this project’s ancient society that worshipped the First Ones. It’d maintain the general mechanics of elemental/enhancement/restoration, but perhaps it’d allow for the addition of giant totems that you could wear on your back and/or arms to attune yourself to the elements/earth?
    Warlock → Need Name Idea: I’m not too sure what to do for Warlock. One thought I’ve had is that this advanced society that preceded even the Titans’ arrival on Azeroth experimented on beasts and humanoids alike. Now, thousands of years later, these deformed and tormented monstrosities and the chaos they’re able to produce from their torture can be summoned into the world in the form of all kinds of new demons and chaotic spells.
    This is what I have so far. I'd really like to hear your ideas and name ideas for these class "ascensions," as I'm calling them.

You mean titles like we got in Legion? They're right there.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    You mean titles like we got in Legion? They're right there.
    I was actually thinking of those originally, but a lot of them wouldn't apply. The only one I think would apply here would be Shadowblade (based on my original rogue idea), but that idea in general is a bit much.

I feel like Demon Hunters and (arguably based on their origins in WCII) Paladins and resultantly Death Knights are already 'prestige' classes.

I'm also struggling to see the point of this? Recently blizzard has shown massive hesitance to do large-scale changes to classes preferring to focus on borrowed power and lorewise the PC's are already the best of X class.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I feel like Demon Hunters and (arguably based on their origins in WCII) Paladins and resultantly Death Knights are already 'prestige' classes.

I'm also struggling to see the point of this? Recently blizzard has shown massive hesitance to do large-scale changes to classes preferring to focus on borrowed power and lorewise the PC's are already the best of X class.
    It's moreso a personal project of what I'd like to see Blizzard do, not necessarily what Blizzard would be likely to do themselves.

Death Knight → Runebreaker: Death Knights have taken on the ancient practices of the Runebreakers. In Azothan society, Runebreakers inscribed themselves with runes and infused runes into their abilities to empower themselves. Though a painful practice, the first Runebreakers were forced into this ritual en masse to create the Wall of Maedon.

Demon Hunter -> Sightless Calamity
    Druid -> Oak Knowers
    Hunter -> Woodsmaster
    Mage -> Spellfreak
    Monk -> Heartstriker
    Paladin -> Holy Vanquisher
    Priest -> Shepherd
    Rogue -> Deathwhisper
    Shaman -> Skyblitz / Earthblitz / Waterblitz
    Warlock -> Void Angel

Use all, some or none! YWIA
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I like the idea of tying this to the Titans, though I feel like we should have a more expansive pantheon to really explore all the facets.

Titans represent Order, and many of our classes are more chaotic in nature, like Death Knights, Warlocks, Demon Hunters etc. I do like the idea of tapping into some ancient sources of power. This reminds me a lot of Guild Wars' path system.