10+ Year Old Account

the shaping fate quest for renown

last patch the two renown quests were (1) retrieve up to 20 souls and (2) acquire 1000 anima. now they're (1) acquire 1000 anima and (2) do one of the following or some combination thereof: complete 4 assaults; complete 13 dailies; mor'geth something x4; kill 20 rares; kill 9 tormentors; loot 34 treasures. in the one zone that still doesn't have flying and, IMO, is the furthest thing from fun.

it's like the research thing, I got the breadcrumbs and numbers of relics, unlocked it and found it's a ridiculously lengthy grind for a bunch of temporary perks and one mount. I'm not saying there should be more permanent rewards, just the the effort seems to far outweigh the benefit. like anima 2.0. I guess there enough people no-lifing things they thought they'd continue to cater to them.

as it stands I can't bring myself to do more than the 1k anima and then wait for catch-up renown. there's also no way I'm bringing more toons through the ridiculously lengthy korthia storylines just to open up the new grinds.
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2021-06-30 at 07:42 AM.

Just in case you missed it, Maw events count too, like I'm pretty sure the hunts count.

Still a bit to do, but I mean, it's done alongside other things now.

It's more flexible now thus you might just complete it without thinking about it, i don't see how that's worse than 20 souls.

Also how is this catering to no-lifers? this is hardly a grind for a whole week, catering to no-lifers would be if there was no timegating on renown and they could leave everyone else in the dust.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    last patch the two renown quests were (1) retrieve up to 20 souls and (2) acquire 1000 anima. now they're (1) acquire 1000 anima and (2) do one of the following or some combination thereof: complete 4 assaults; complete 13 dailies; mor'geth something x4; kill 20 rares; kill 9 tormentors; loot 34 treasures. in the one zone that still doesn't have flying and, IMO, is the furthest thing from fun.

it's like the research thing, I got the breadcrumbs and numbers of relics, unlocked it and found it's a ridiculously lengthy grind for a bunch of temporary perks and one mount. I'm not saying there should be more permanent rewards, just the the effort seems to far outweigh the benefit. like anima 2.0. I guess there enough people no-lifing things they thought they'd continue to cater to them.

as it stands I can't bring myself to do more than the 1k anima and then wait for catch-up renown. there's also no way I'm bringing more toons through the ridiculously lengthy korthia storylines just to open up the new grinds.
    You mean the one where they implemented a skip before the patch even went live?
    Besides, if I had to collect ONE more soul from the Maw, I'd go insane. Sure it wasn't hard, but it was B O R I N G

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You mean the one where they implemented a skip before the patch even went live?
    Besides, if I had to collect ONE more soul from the Maw, I'd go insane. Sure it wasn't hard, but it was B O R I N G
    Everything will become boring if you do it often enough. The key is, to make it quick and boring in the end, rather than long and boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's something you have to do for 2 weeks... It can be done over a week by just playing the game. It's not exactly the commitment of marriage. But if playing the game is too much effort, you can always ragequit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Everything will become boring if you do it often enough. The key is, to make it quick and boring in the end, rather than long and boring.
    But by giving you options it takes longer to become boring, and by the time you're bored you're (hopefully) done with it

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    But by giving you options it takes longer to become boring, and by the time you're bored you're (hopefully) done with it
    Since boredom is an individual experience it is impossible to make options for everyone to not get bored. While sure, there will be people that don't get bored easily there are still others who get bored quickly after doing something twice already. So, still in the end the key is to make it quick. If a designer thinks he has the holy grail of options to make everyone excited to do repetitive daily/weekly content then he is simply delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I'm sure I'm going to do it on my one toon to unlock flying asap. my problem is it feels like such an incredible chore for just the one toon that with my 3 other covenant carriers, especially with their lower ilvls I just can't afford to do it up to 4 times. the souls quest really was bad enough but if you did it all on reset day it would go quickly even without a mount.

and again if the codex grind felt worthwhile, like was account-wide given the incredible length then it might be 'done alongside what you'd be doing otherwise' but like maw last patch I'm going to have to largely ignore it. it feels like just a time sink.

maybe if unlike BFA n'zoth assaults gear was a guaranteed drop from the chests rather than just a chance I could justify it. but as it stands it seems rewards are either a *chance* at something or just negligible progress to some lengthy grind that is entirely un-alt friendly. with flying finally being unlocked I'm hoping to get to my alts which have been sitting dormant because it feels like this expansion has dialed time sink up to 11 and I couldn't justify the time and effort it would take to level them compared to when flying is available.

I would ragequit like I have virtually every expansion since probably cataclysm but since I always come back and always miss stuff in the process I'm just trying to take a more relaxed approach to the game but that seems to be the last thing the devs want to cater to,.

Seems only 2 renown level pr. week now so. 1000 anima is quick anyway, just do mission table quests / few WQ's over the week.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

i completed it in a few hours

maw special mobs give 3%
    dailies give 5%
    rares give 5%
    korthia treasures give 3%
    assaults give 10% i think

its a weekly dude
    "omg i cant farm it in a single day"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Seems only 2 renown level pr. week now so. 1000 anima is quick anyway, just do mission table quests / few WQ's over the week.
    dont even need that anymore lol korthia rares drops like 300 anima
    the weekly for korthia is 500
    the assaults are 500

its insane