Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I mean the original vanilla, without knowing the fights.
    The raids weren't hard at all and Classic proved that they are sub LFR in terms of difficulty, players were just terribly bad/had no prior knowledge/had Internet limitations etc.

Vanilla/TBC races says hi. These races nowadays are a joke compared to multiple month races. It took months for Nihilum to clear many hard raids, just imagine raiding 16 hour / day for 7 week for months...
    I like what you said here because it is going to trigger the hell out of a lot of people for no good reason. I guess that is what happens when people put personal value into which era of the game is better than others.

Truth is pretty simple though. In those days clearing raids was just a thing for gamers. Nihilum was just the top bunch of gamers that got together to kill the bosses. They competed against other groups of top gamers pretty much for gaming sake. Nowadays it is a business. A really big business. People will be taking off from work for weeks. Server and even region wide hunts for BOEs, gold, and other support will be flowing. Gold debt of hundreds of millions will be going on. Whole groups of people will be working outside the raid for both in game and out of game purposes. Sponsorships will be handing out real cash. People will be streaming for real cash. Out of game dinners, meals, meetings, and discussions will be almost a 24 hour affair. People will be playing under contract, getting paid to play, and have NDA's signed on strategies and methods.

None of it is really comparable anymore.

I mean the original vanilla/TBC, without knowing the fights.
    The only stuff that lived for any real length of time was bugged or time gated. Nor did even first world guilds raid 16 hours a day.

In time spend on the actual fight I will confidently say modern raids last longer then old raids.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Limit not even top 10 Sylv kill. Not looking good bros... not looking good... Method's chance to rise back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The only stuff that lived for any real length of time was bugged or time gated. Nor did even first world guilds raid 16 hours a day.

In time spend on the actual fight I will confidently say modern raids last longer then old raids.
    All you need to know for this is that world first Vashj kill was the infamously bugged encounter, which died 6 weeks after the first boss. Blizzard didn't care for month and a half to fix the boss to make it killable. You can imagine the blast they would be put on if they did that for a single week today.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    I’m talking about no streaming on Saturday when they did their H Sylv kills.
    I think it might be in response to Echo first turning off their stream for their H Sylv kills when they did their splits.

In all honesty, it's likely practice and other things for the endboss on Mythic, probably things that both teams dont want to reveal during prep week at least. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    Yesterday was a travel day, hence no streaming. But Max tweeted about an hour ago; "Prob no stream till Tuesday maybe a 30 min one Monday night". Which is odd, because he has stated repeated they would allows stream Heoric...Even "dissing" Echo for turning off their streams.
    Can you link a clip of Max dissing Echo for doing Sylvanas offstream? Because all I saw was him say that it is totally reasonable and he completely understands why they didn't stream sylvanas.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Painsmith Raznal is a fun fight, can't wait to see top guilds clear it on mythic.
    I expect Heroic Painsmith to be hit with the nerfhammer. Pun intended.

World first guilds are silly, first they diss guilds who stream the progress and years later they diss those who don't stream.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Limit not even top 10 Sylv kill. Not looking good bros... not looking good... Method's chance to rise back up.
    A lot of the guild practise tactics on the final boss, I don't think any of the guilds went out to kill her super fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda odd in my opinion that people actually want to join their split Raids to funnel Gear. I get it, it's sports and fans will support their team, but it seems more like a popularity contest to get more boosties in the runs.
    This (for me) gives an unfair advantage to those who don't have the means (or a big following on Twitch) to even participate.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Kinda odd in my opinion that people actually want to join their split Raids to funnel Gear. I get it, it's sports and fans will support their team, but it seems more like a popularity contest to get more boosties in the runs.
    This (for me) gives an unfair advantage to those who don't have the means (or a big following on Twitch) to even participate.
    Boils down to a lot of people assign thier personal value to it. As odd as that is. Imagine finding yourself a better person, on a personal level, because 20 people from your.. lol.. continent beat a video game a few hours faster than some people from another. Yeah.. that happens. Like actual pride won and lost by people totally not involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Boils down to a lot of people assign thier personal value to it. As odd as that is. Imagine finding yourself a better person, on a personal level, because 20 people from your.. lol.. continent beat a video game a few hours faster than some people from another. Yeah.. that happens. Like actual pride won and lost by people totally not involved.
    I mean the same thing happens with real world sports. As an American, during NCAA Finals or the NFL Superbowl you will see people buying tons of merch and making their favorite team their entire identity. People like to rally around something. There is nothing wrong with it, just people enjoying themselves and having fun.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    This raid will take 4 weeks to clear. A week for KT and three weeks of gear for Sylv. Blizz has really gone out in make this the craziest race yet,
    blizz is gonna nerf Slyvanas hard if they see that the boss won't go down after 1 reset. And then it will be killed on a first day of week 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    The people trading gear don't necessarily do it for free, they are paid for every domination socketed item they trade if they loot it (I believe Echo pays 750k for each domination item traded?)

It also means a free carry for the people getting picked up because you know the boss is gonna fall, like HC Painsmith which seems to be a nightmare or when Echo/Limit/Method players are looking for specific items in M+.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-07-12 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I mean the same thing happens with real world sports. As an American, during NCAA Finals or the NFL Superbowl you will see people buying tons of merch and making their favorite team their entire identity. People like to rally around something. There is nothing wrong with it, just people enjoying themselves and having fun.
    Right. But I was never like.. people from Tampa Bay are superior because the team from there won the super bowl.

That's when it gets unhealthy AF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. But I was never like.. people from Tampa Bay are superior because thier team won the super bowl.
    In Indiana it is definitely a thing. Hell the IU\UK rivalry is so strong at points there has been mailbox fires and flags burned. Its idiotic to the Nth degree. I think having pride and feeling a since of unity in support of something is great, but once it starts to become a source of arrogance or "im better than you" we have a problem. I am sure that happens in Soccer(football for everyone else) as well, wasnt a ref beheaded after a game one time?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Limit and Echo are huge of course - Method may be even closer this time

Looking forward to seeing that last boss on myTHICC

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    In Indiana it is definitely a thing. Hell the IU\UK rivalry is so strong at points there has been mailbox fires and flags burned. Its idiotic to the Nth degree. I think having pride and feeling a since of unity in support of something is great, but once it starts to become a source of arrogance or "im better than you" we have a problem. I am sure that happens in Soccer(football for everyone else) as well, wasnt a ref beheaded after a game one time?
    So they think they are actually superior? Like how a Nazi viewed a Jewish person? As in they are smarter, faster, stronger, racially and culturally superior? The only way they can lose is a conspiracy from the inside?

If so then add them to the damaged list bro. Sorry. It's unhealthy. I see that shit all the time with this world first race. If you feel this is really healthy and acceptable practices you do you. I decline.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they think they are actually superior? Like how a Nazi viewed a Jewish person? As in they are smarter, faster, stronger, racially and culturally superior? The only way they can lose is a conspiracy from the inside?

If so then add them to the damaged list bro. Sorry. It's unhealthy. I see that shit all the time with this world first race. If you feel this is really healthy and acceptable practices you do you. I decline.
    If you read what i said again, i said there is nothing wrong with pride and a sense of unity, but once it becomes worse than that its a problem. I was not defending it at all, i was just saying this is a common thoughtprocess that occurs in tons of stuff outside of this WF race.