7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Name another metric, MMO-C? Gaming outlets? YouTube?
    Where is WF establishing itself as relevant?

Oh, as I hope me posting here does show. I'm in the category that would like to know how it goes but dont care to watch more than perhaps 30 mins.
    So I dont get the salty why-do-you-post question
    Well, I don't get why you first say "Yes, and go back a few expansions and it was dominating everything. Not just Twitch for 2w (outperformed by older games)", and then, when reminded that they didn't stream back then, you instantly switch to other media outlets. Or maybe I do get it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i love the people that whine about the head start MORE than the competitiors
    That's this whole thread.

People bitching and moaning about a race that they have no stakes in.

It's kinda pitiful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, I don't get why you first say "Yes, and go back a few expansions and it was dominating everything. Not just Twitch for 2w (outperformed by older games)", and then, when reminded that they didn't stream back then, you instantly switch to other media outlets. Or maybe I do get it.
    You need to go back a bit but in short the argument (by me) was about WoW WF losing relevance and interest "lately" compared to before, fully aware of that before is up to ones experience.
    And to spin of that, relevance is a piece not to be ignored in todays gaming world. WoW has nothing except 2w at most of WF. Arena can be ignored and so can M+ races. All of this being put into a context of sustainability of the game itself.

That was my original point of which one poster didnt agree and from there it went downhill like an England Euro 2020 game
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    You need to go back a bit but in short the argument (by me) was about WoW WF losing relevance and interest "lately" compared to before, fully aware of that before is up to ones experience.
    And to spin of that, relevance is a piece not to be ignored in todays gaming world. WoW has nothing except 2w at most of WF. Arena can be ignored and so can M+ races.

That was my original point of which one poster didnt agree and from there it went downhill like an England Euro 2020 game
    Or rather, YOU want to ignore them to better fit your argument.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Wonder how high the viewer count will be the minutes before a kill.

I always miss the kills so I ain't hopeful on catching a screen grab.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or rather, YOU want to ignore them to better fit your argument.
    Okey, so they are sought after to watch, cover, follow?
    Come on dood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Wonder how high the viewer count will be the minutes before a kill.
    I always miss the kills so I ain't hopeful on catching a screen grab.
    Yesterday I logged on the first pull Echo went sub 50%, naturally I got disappointed but my timing was impeccable
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-07-19 at 04:00 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So from Blizzard’s perspective none of this is new… they’re known to do hotfixes like this and also for having gear checks that can’t be beat in week 1.

What is relatively new is the US having a guild that’s competitive and the publicity around rwf.

So really this is Blizz saying, “RWF? Who cares?”… because this is not the boss fight you design if you care about this new piece of the landscape.

Particularly with this hotfix. Echo finding a way around the dps check and killing the boss would have been a nice ending to the race (limit fan here). But they give zero fucks lol.

Should have talked to marketing though, and asked them… “hey, if we murder the world first race is that gonna be bad?”

Or maybe I’m wrong and the controversy plus longer race sells… who the hell knows?
    Right... because 2 tiers ago they totally didn't despawn a boss mid attempt and 'murder the race' because they needed to fix something.

And no publicity isn't new either.
    This the 8th? 9th? race that is being streamed.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2021-07-19 at 04:06 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5+ Year Old Account
    Best quote of Max so far: " Few years back I made a tweet that for once I want to win the race inside those 16 hours between NA und EU reset just to see the world burn." (Regarding the discussions on twitch and in forums).

Okey, so they are sought after to watch, cover, follow?
    Come one dood.
    I don't get what you're trying to argue here. You just seem to want to argue for arguments sake.

Wow isn't in a decline, gaming, in general, is in a decline due to oversaturation.

"Back in the day" WoW had nothing to compete with. Even looking at some of the major tournament scenes for FPS games, LoL and Counter-Strike and COD tournaments were heavily covered. Fatal1ty got his own graphics card deal based on performances in UT/Quake.

All that was covered because of the newness/how amazing it was that these high skill-level players came onto these scenes and dominated. But what other options were there back in the day?

Today, you've got a lot of popular MMOs which are going to suck coverage from WoW because the only non-WoW coverage MMOs got were "Is this going to be the next WoW killer?"

Even FPS games.

Let's pull up twitch and look at the top games being streamed right now:

MMO: WoW Shadowlands, Minecraft, Genshin Impact, FFXIV, Aion, Path of Exile, New World, Destiny 2 all have 10k+ viewers

FPS: Fortnite, COD Warzone, Valorant, Apex, CS GO, Tarkov, Dayz, R6 Siege, PUBG all have 10k+ viewers

Back in the day, you'd have 1 game that was a goliath, you might have 1-2 games that seemed mostly dead, then you'd have a few games that were absolute ghost towns.

WoW doesn't get as much coverage these days because there are 10 other games that are also fairly popular that also get reported on. It's got nothing to do with Blizzard's decisions, the quality of the game, or the patch cycle. It has 100% to do with the oversaturation of the gaming market in general.

Is that really a sabotage? This add was placed there to be killed.
    If Blizzard intended for the add to be killed, they should have had this enrage in place beforehand. Hotfixing it in the middle of the race when both #1 contenders have seen the very end of the fight and are fine tuning/rebuilding strats is complete bs. I'm no Echo fan, I hope Limit takes the win again but this is absolute bs and I feel for Echo. Especially when so much money goes into these races, hotfixes like that completely shit on the integrity of the race (if there was any integrity to begin with). Blizzard should take the L, hotfix it after the race is over, learn to design encounters with prevention of this stuff in mind.

Is that really a sabotage? This add was placed there to be killed.
    Well Blizzard let them cheese boss 9, so they thought they could just do the same thing in boss 10. This is what happens when you don't punish cheating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    If Blizzard intended for the add to be killed, they should have had this enrage in place beforehand. Hotfixing it in the middle of the race when both #1 contenders have seen the very end of the fight and are fine tuning/rebuilding strats is complete bs. I'm no Echo fan, I hope Limit takes the win again but this is absolute bs and I feel for Echo. Especially when so much money goes into these races, hotfixes like that completely shit on the integrity of the race (if there was any integrity to begin with). Blizzard should take the L, hotfix it after the race is over, learn to design encounters with prevention of this stuff in mind.
    Ye, so they should rather allow WF to go to a guild that skipped an important and intended part of the encounter? Then you would have different people screaming that Echo bugged/exploited/cheated it's way towards WF. Sudden hotfixes mid attempt are the norm at this point, and everyone knows that. And yes, there is no integrity in the race, simply because of different launch time and Blizz inconsistency when it comes to punishing exploits.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-07-19 at 04:18 PM.

ok, limit kills on page 124

idk if WF, echo's looking smart but likely tilted.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    Well Blizzard let them cheese boss 9, so they thought they could just do the same thing in boss 10. This is what happens when you don't punish cheating.
    define 'let'. Because there is a non 0 chance considering the time of day that Blizzard simply wasn't watching what Echo was doing and by the time they wake up its dead and to late to intervene.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    Yes, there is inconsistency. But there is also a difference between de-spawning tank add on penultimate boss and basically ignoring a miniboss of P2 in final encounter.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-07-19 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Wow isn't in a decline

It's got nothing to do with Blizzard's decisions, the quality of the game, or the patch cycle. It has 100% to do with the oversaturation of the gaming market in general.
    WoW's in the shitter because Blizzard fucked up, anything else is copium.

honestly both guilds should be happy blizzard didnt slap there hands for abusing the shit out of KT and negating an entire mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    honestly both guilds should be happy blizzard didnt slap there hands for abusing the shit out of KT and negating an entire mechanic.
    That's what Limit did on Helya (among others).

KT was actually clever use of obvious, glaring design flaw. Or these designers are completely ignorant of what's actually in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    ok, limit kills on page 124

idk if WF, echo's looking smart but likely tilted.
    Dudes were riding on adrenaline high yesterday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    It was the weekend and since devs do not fix their shitty game on weekends they let them do whatever. Echo should have used this strat yesterday and they would be fine. Too bad. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Limit doing some Mythic+ while they wait for their full group.
    They can just chill. Echo just don't have the gear to get that last 5%. So limit will have another whole day to farm gear and get an easy kill after reset and some heroic farming.