Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What's the point? Same thing.
    It is hardly the same thing. Saying the sun is hot doesn't mean the sun isn't allowed to be hot. The point is you stated something that wasn't true. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is hardly the same thing. Saying the sun is hot doesn't mean the sun isn't allowed to be hot. The point is you stated something that wasn't true. Lol.
    True, the sun was pretty cold today.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I'm not even sure how you arrived at that from what I said. You are not complaining about every time re-skinned items are used. You are singling out mounts. Why not armor? Weapons? Environment? When you start applying the logic of your arguments to the game you find out that everything is unacceptable and trash because it is all just re-skinned. And that holds true for almost every game out there.

Because they re-use the basics and change the appearance of stuff. A castle in WoW is the same as a castle in Final Fantasy because they all use walls of different appearances. That is your argument and that is the standards you have lowered yourself too. It is silly. A different model is still a different model.
    Because this thread is about a mount, but yeah they could definitely make more unique armor and weapons instead of just making a bunch of recolors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraku View Post
    Everyone saying that you can also buy this mount with gold or without the subscription don't see the bigger picture. The problem with store mounts is that these are usally unique, cool looking models which we also could have gotten jn game.

Now it just an easy cashgrab still aimed at letting people sub for 6 months altough thr content stops after like 2 months
    Could've been a really cool event mount if you ask me.

Oh well, with any luck, they'll at least reuse the rig half a billion times before 10.1 hits. It's a nice one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't need anything to validate my opinion, though.

Is that the new buzzword, btw?
    Yeah, we totally seen that in this thread that you dont. Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day youll belive it yourself.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Because this thread is about a mount, but yeah they could definitely make more unique armor and weapons instead of just making a bunch of recolors.
    You mean reskins. A sword is still the same skeleton even if it is longer, shorter, or has different bits and bobs.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    All of those mounts in that picture use the same skeleton thus they all fly the same thus reskin, remodel, however you wanna call it. Quit trying to peddle garbage.
    thats literally not the same though... imagine seeing an infographic showing you facts and you choose to "uh nuh" come on my dude...
    can you just not read infographics? got a phobia of infographics?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well, with any luck, they'll at least reuse the rig half a billion times before 10.1 hits. It's a nice one.
    its the druid flight form rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah, we totally seen that in this thread that you dont. Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day youll belive it yourself.
    I'm sorry you're unhappy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its the druid flight form rig.
    If it was at any point the druid flight form rig, it's so thoroughly modified it may as well be a new one.

Yeah it looks amazing
    Baine is not my Warchief

Cool - I get some new free stuff, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevano View Post
    Why can't this unique good looking mount for fucking once not been rare and a reward for actually playing the game.
    It is. I assume to people who get a 6 month sub play the game same as everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    i'm sure that 6 months of 9.1 will be worth it lol
    Who's playing retail? I'm playing TBCC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kraku View Post
    Everyone saying that you can also buy this mount with gold or without the subscription don't see the bigger picture. The problem with store mounts is that these are usally unique, cool looking models which we also could have gotten jn game.

Now it just an easy cashgrab still aimed at letting people sub for 6 months altough thr content stops after like 2 months
    When a mount is obtainable in game they make several different versions of it. Store mounts are unique because they don't. If the phoenix was in game and had 4 different colors and the Shardhide was the shop mount you would still be bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is. I assume to people who get a 6 month sub play the game same as everyone else.
    it isnt.... thats not how it works, also they should have put it as a veteran reward instead... so instead of buying 6 months straight and getting it, they should give it to people who have been subbed 6 months from here on out... so in 6 months time everyone who has been subbed continuously will get it. (and in the future if you ever end up being subbed 6 months straight youd get it)

But no, this is just another way to sell store mount and artificially reduce the price by giving it away in an expensive bundle.
    Not that my idea is any better... but it could actually be called a reward (for "veterans") instead of a one off purchase. Blizzard is now classifying ingame rewards as opening your wallet, how nice of them.
    Speaking of which blizzard has been giving the middlefinger to veteran players forever... back in Cata some of us were kicking and screaming for blizzard to give us some veteran rewards for being subbed for so long, they never gave us anything. The only thing remotely for veterans was the ability to transmog R14 gear if you were a certain rank in vanilla, but that can be achieved easily by doing RBG's today.

Another good looking mount wasted on the store. jeez man, with a completely unique animation set too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    When a mount is obtainable in game they make several different versions of it. Store mounts are unique because they don't. If the phoenix was in game and had 4 different colors and the Shardhide was the shop mount you would still be bitching.
    No we would be laughing, because the shardhide is nowhere near as cool looking as many other mounts.

Its literally just a bear reskin. Probably doesnt even have a unique kickass mount special like this new one does.

Ahh yes the tree. I will give them that. That is one of the few unique mounts (I think), it might be the Skygolem run animation I haven’t paid enough attention. However every mount they added in 9.1 is a reskin except the Hand I think.
    That's still one more than the store mount, and I'm pretty sure the tree has 100% unique animations. And some of the reskins obviously had a ton of work put into them like the Covenant mounts, the Necrolord flies especially. I really don't think we can honestly say Blizzard is holding back mounts from the main game, we get tons and tons of the stuff as it is.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    But no, this is just another way to sell store mount and artificially reduce the price by giving it away in an expensive bundle.
    It isn't an expensive bundle if it actually saves you money. It is 13% cheaper then paying for each month individually. The $25 mount thrown in increases that value since it reduces the per month price to $8.83 a month (77.94-25). Blizzard has always classified in-game rewards as opening your wallet. Vanilla had a collectors edition that gave in-game rewards and also had the TCG that had in-game rewards. If you don't like microtransactions it might be time to move on or just accept the game has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They're not the only company doing promotions like that, they're still a company wanting to make money and they've shambled plenty of releases as of late. Don't play cute with me.

I'm merely stating that your conspiracy theory holds no water since, again, the mount is NOT EXCLUSIVE TO THE 6-MONTH SUB.

Simple enough, or so one would think.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't play 99% of what's on offer, so... Same difference. You "Game Pass" people are worse than vegans at this point.
    You're crazy, almost as crazy as the insane day one deals on game pass, the next year alone there are 27+ 79.99$CAD day one games!

10+ Year Old Account
    That has been the cope for the defense force for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Free if you plan to play the husk of a patch that 9.1 for six months.
    Week one.
    Day three (four in the US).
    No Dungeon yet.
    No Raid yet.
    Season hasn't started yet.

Are you trying to be a parody?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Stevano View Post
    Why can't this unique good looking mount for fucking once not been rare and a reward for actually playing the game.
    It could/would have been in expansions past.

Something people always will fail to understand when they say "this doesn't hurt the game" is that it actually does. The most talented artists are putting time into this, and it's why every reward for difficult content is just a different color of something we already have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It could/would have been in expansions past.
    So TBC and Vanilla? Because store mounts have existed since WotLK. And yet we have had more then "different color of something we already have" created for the game. It hasn't hurt the game. Blizzard release only a store mounts a year which is a fraction of mounts each expansion.

I tried to look in the thread, but didn't see anything and I didn't see the usual mention in the post. Does anyone who has an existing 6 month sub know if they got this automatically? Usually it says you'll get it in a few days, but didn't see that text and my sub isn't up until November so don't want to repurchase it again.