Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When I saw the patch-notes I decided not to resub.

A question though: Am I the only one that thinks the item-level creep is beyond ridiculous this time? So, end of dungeon chest rewarded ilvl 203 gear in season one and we went up a whopping 26 item-levels to 229 end of run in ONE season?

Has wow always been like this? I remember playing TBC and can't recall there was such a huge difference between raid gear from different patches.

Anyway, just wondering.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Flying doesn't add content but it does make it more accessible. A great example of this is when flying was finally added to WoD and it instantly became a significantly better expansion, with Hellfire Jungle actually being enjoyable to explore/quest in and making all the levelling side quests viable uses of time.

One of the big problems with SL has been the lack of a flightmasters whistle which combined with no flying has made many zones much less enjoyable than they should have been (the 3D maze than is Revendreth is a prime example of this).
    Agree, but still he said he don't like the content. That's the w word part to me. If I dislike content, getting to the content easier doesn't help.

Would be different if he liked the content but disliked the navigation. Sounds to me like a bit of an addict. Disliking what you do, but can't wait to do what you do easier and quicker.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I'm just glad you said it, the fact that it just came out was a surprise to us all.
    Trying a bit too hard at this point kiddo.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    When I saw the patch-notes I decided not to resub.

A question though: Am I the only one that thinks the item-level creep is beyond ridiculous this time? So, end of dungeon chest rewarded ilvl 203 gear in season one and we went up a whopping 26 item-levels to 229 end of run in ONE season?

Has wow always been like this? I remember playing TBC and can't recall there was such a huge difference between raid gear from different patches.

Anyway, just wondering.
    I feel like TBC gearing is a very different beast though as you didn't have 4 difficulties for raids back then. You could have a smaller jump from T4 to T5 or whatever else, but when you have LFR, Normal, HC and Mythic playing a part it impacts the gear all over the board. I think the outcry would be too big if end of the dungeon rewards were to be lower ilvl than what people already have now at the start of S2..

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Imagine whining before the raid even comes out, the mythic+ changes happen, or the new dungeon is released.
    Imagine timegating everything so Blizzard can say we got new content every week.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is a big concern for me, when I see people saying "its not THAT bad" or "its better than it was" or "yeah, its not fun, but its not as bad as it was". Are games not supposed to entertain? Is that not literally their main goal? To entertain? When did "not THAT bad" become the standard we accept?
    Same applies to the Maw changes. They made the Maw less awful in 9.1, but the zone itsel is still very, very bad. Making something less bad doesn't make it good in the end. It's similar to the Torghast changes. All of the quality of life changes for Torghast and the Maw should have been part of the launch experience for Shadowlands because all of the feedback regarding these two things existed back in beta already. Blizzard just went through with their horrible vision of these two things and eventually realized that they've been wrong again and changed something that should have been changed in beta already. Their vision for the game (or at least features of the game) is never what players want or expect, but somehow they still try to shove it down our throats just to come to the conclusion they've been wrong again... and again... and again. Happened to Azerite gear, happened to Warfronts, happened to Corruption and is now happening again with Maw & Torghast.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-05 at 09:19 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is a big concern for me, when I see people saying "its not THAT bad" or "its better than it was" or "yeah, its not fun, but its not as bad as it was". Are games not supposed to entertain? Is that not literally their main goal? To entertain? When did "not THAT bad" become the standard we accept?

Just to be clear this is NOT having a go at you, not at all, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I'm sure there are other aspects of the game you enjoy enough that this is acceptable, just an overall comment on something i see daily that drives me nuts.
    I'd have to agree with you here. In my opinion people should be less accepting of mediocrity, maybe that way the game designers would actually start designing a game instead of whatever the hell they've been doing since Legion.
    I've moved on from WoW for the most part but this is the first time I've not resubbed for a patch to check out the content for myself. Everything I saw seemed lackluster and I don't feel that they deserve my sub money anymore if they keep going in this direction where they focus so much time on convoluted systems and currencies that the rest of the game suffers for it.
    I'd much rather spend my WoW sub on buying a store mount or something in my (now preferred) other MMORPG of choice and support them further. Greed, incompetence and complacency should not be rewarded and that's al I've personally seen from the WoW team, Blizzard and Activision in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Maybe to you. Raiding and M+ with my friends is literally the only reason my guild still plays this game. PvP, outdoor content, all of that is just a different shade of waste of time.

Im honestly amazed anyone has ever played this game unless they enjoyed the PvP or raiding scene. The "solo" content has always been mind numbingly terrible. I have a thousand different games on steam or xbox I would rather play than WoW outside of raiding new tiers.
    Thats funny because thats how i think about M+ and raids... why would you play the same dungeons for the 100th time, dungeons where you know every mob, every fight, every corner and not play the thousands of different games on steam or xbox instead?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Gotta agree to the let-down aspect.

WoW's first new new content in over seven months and it's over with in a couple of days? I know the new raid/dungeon are timegated (which in itself is a bad thing) but I was expecting a lot more.

It's like they completely missed the problem with Torghast, none of the changes they have made have addressed the "lack of reward" issue, okay some of the xmog shoulders are cool but all they needed to do was add more levels and give some cool rewards for twisting corridors, that was all they needed to do and they still dropped the ball

- - - Updated - - -

Flying doesn't add content but it does make it more accessible. A great example of this is when flying was finally added to WoD and it instantly became a significantly better expansion, with Hellfire Jungle actually being enjoyable to explore/quest in and making all the levelling side quests viable uses of time.

One of the big problems with SL has been the lack of a flightmasters whistle which combined with no flying has made many zones much less enjoyable than they should have been (the 3D maze than is Revendreth is a prime example of this).
    I don't think any zone ever had so many transportation options as Revendreth. Bats, horses, carriages... It takes some effort to discover them all, but for me it only adds to the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That's the name of the game since "Play the patch" dominates the design.

In BfA, gear also made a 30Ilvl leap every Patch.
    Normal Uldir dropped 355 => Normal BoD dropped 385 and so forth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's the name of the game since "Play the patch" dominates the design.
    It has nothing to do with play the patch, whatever that even is, but just with Blizzard creating proper spacing for each tier. It has been this way since at least WoD with a little tweaking here and there. They can just squish again when it eventually becomes an issue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It has nothing to do with play the patch, whatever that even is
    It obviously has.

If the gap between difficulties / tiers is too small, the previous tier becomes a potential source of gearing for certain players, Blizzard does not want this, only the current patch should be the primary source of gearing, one shouldn't go back to a previous tier for upgrades.

Sticking with the numbers above, assume for a moment that each tier only jumps by 15 Ilvl, rather than 30.
    Normal Uldir => 355
    Heroic Uldir => 370
    Mythic Uldir => 385

Normal BoD => 370
    Heroic BoD => 385
    Mythic BoD => 400

You obviously notice that Normal mode raiders would actually also get upgrades out of Heroic Uldir (370).
    Blizzard doesn't want this, as it would invalidate the newest raid even faster for those people as they could effectively acquire twice as much loot (by farming both Heroic from the previous tier and current Normal).

That's what "Play the Patch" means, Blizzard provides catchup to the current Patch and only the current Patch should be relevant for gearing, not previous ones.

This just seems to get posted 'ad-nauseam' every single patch.

We get it, it's a let down, it sucks, you hate it. Nothing will change going forward, .x patches will always be a zone, a raid, sometimes a dungeon... they won't have any major changes. just move along, i guess?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Don't you have all that riveting content to do?
    He can't though, since it's all timegated

9.1 as we got it would have been fine (still not great) had it come in March, April at most. But since we got it by the end of June, it feels pretty weak. I just hope that Taz is a mind blowing dungeon, otherwise the patch is already dead to me.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-07-05 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Dumb autocorrect ¬¬
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    He can't though, since it's all timegated
    Which is why campaigns like this are time-gated. To keep people from blitzing through them, then coming to places like here and sniveling about how they have nothing to do.

9.1 as we got it would have been fine (still not great) had it come in March, April at most. But since we got it by the end of June, it feels pretty weak. I just hope that Taz is a mind blowing dungeon, otherwise the patch is already dead to me.
    Blizzard says sorry that there was a global pandemic because our species keeps doing crap it shouldn't be doing and Mother Nature gives us a nice clap-back for our efforts. Not to mention people couldn't be adults about it either.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Yea.... so who wants this for their Sig incase you missed it on the front page LOL

Imagine different people having different opinions... Shocking discovery

Seriously, what is the point for this kind of posts, other than proving that the forums aren't a hivemind?

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Which is why campaigns like this are time-gated. To keep people from blitzing through them, then coming to places like here and sniveling about how they have nothing to do.

Blizzard says sorry that there was a global pandemic because our species keeps doing crap it shouldn't be doing and Mother Nature gives us a nice clap-back for our efforts. Not to mention people couldn't be adults about it either.
    The great thing about timegated stuff is that you have almost nothing to do right now, instead of one or two weeks later. It changes everything

Also, stop with the pandemic BS. The president and COO of Activision Blizzard already came on record stating that development wasn't affected by covid.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The president and COO of Activision Blizzard already came on record stating that development wasn't affected by covid.
    Yes, that's the sort of thing executives say.

Anyway, mediocre patch. Not the worst ever by any means, nothing will ever approach 6.1, but not great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, stop with the pandemic BS. The president and COO of Activision Blizzard already came on record stating that development wasn't affected by covid.
    No he didn't. What he did say is that it didn't have a significant effect on development milestones and was referring to the games that have yet to be released. Like D4, Overwatch 2, and whatever else. That is entirely different then saying there was no effect at all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Even if he did say it, that doesn't mean it's true. Of course it had an effect.

Even if he said it during an earnings call and thus it must literally be true, you need to parse the language very closely as rhorle noted.

Hard to Imagine another 7 months or so with this patch.

Im waiting for Lost ark though so i dont play but i feel for those that still do.
    Do you hear the voices too?