Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You aren't in strictest terms forced to do anything. Now you can make an argument that its really all an illusion of choice but removing power from other activities simple eliminates that choice to continue progressing your character outside of the raid. Not to mention that it literally robs the game of that reward mechanism just because you feel put out? You can currently just do the content you find fun. Will you suck? probably too fucking bad...
    You're still missing the overarching point. Why is it good design to have people do not fun content in order to get to fun content?

And yes, some of us are forced to do the not fun content in order to do fun content. This isn't even a debatable point. If I want to progress in mythic raids, I must do Torghast every week. No ifs, ands, or buts. No group pushing mythic content will accept someone with 0 legendaries, and no one would want to join my mythic progression group if I have 0 legendaries. So, no, I can't just "do the content I find fun."
    Last edited by Eli85; 2021-07-09 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Firing Danuser would be a start. Hiring writers with experience in the video game industry and storytelling (David Gaider comes to mind).
    Nate Crowley is blowing up in the Warhammer scene right now after publishing several alien-focused novels in the 40k universe.

https://www.trackofwords.com/2021/07...-nate-crowley/

Not that I want Blizzard to acquire him. I'm happy with where he is just fine. But that's the type of caliber that would work wonders for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    You're still missing the overarching point. Why is it good design to have people do not fun content in order to get to fun content?

."
    Because you've decided the meaning of the fun is really the word raid.

My opinion is that the game works best when people like you at least feel forced because it means the rest of the game is actually rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Because you've decided the meaning of the fun is really the word raid.

My opinion is that the game works best when people like you at least feel forced because it means the rest of the game is actually rewarding.
    If you've come to that conclusion, then you really haven't understood my position whatsoever. Fun, to me, is high keys and progression raiding. Not that the meaning of fun is raid. What I'm arguing is for any player, regardless of what they personally find fun, has avenues to progress their characters, without having to do activities that they don't find fun.

I won't refute that the rest of the game is rewarding. It absolutely is rewarding. Which I did acknowledge as one of the problems, at least the way that Blizzard has decided to implement it. Which is restricting exclusive, powerful sources of player power behind specific activities. Don't like one or two specific activities? Welcome to playing something you don't like at all, just so you can continue playing what you do like.

Honestly, I think the game would be in a much better state if you could progress your character in the activities that you find fun, and not do activities you don't find fun. The game isn't set up for this right now, and I just feel it is very, very bad design to compel / force / strongly encourage people to do content they don't like, just so they can do the content they like.

Less obligatory grind to stay competetive in raid/dungeon content.