Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Good. I don't want it to last more than 3 months. I want to get my s**t done because Endwalker and Legacy of the sith are coming out at the end of the year. I don't want WoW getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Ok-ok let's settle something.
    Why and when people leave WoW?
    there is literaly no answer as people leave for milions of different reasons, a lot of which dont even have anything to do with game itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Let me at least try the new Torghast floors,
    Do people really enjoy Torghast?

The new floors are just more of the exact same shit, except more tedious because every mob has tons more HP and takes longer to die.

And given how tedius Torghast us to begin with, that's hardly an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    But it was still being ran from beginning to end by someone, thus making it relevant content.

By the time 9.3 hits, will any of us be running nyalotha or chains of dom for anything besides mounts and transmog?
    People still ran Crucible of Storms during Eternal Palace for good PvP items. People still ran Eternal Palace for good trinkets during Nyalotha tier (didn't matter if the trinket was warforged or not they still used them). No one will run old an old expansion content but who knows if people still run old tiers for trinkets like in BfA and TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    I didn't tag you. You came into a thread I created and started demanding answers. I've stated my position quite clearly. If you do not understand then I cannot help you and do not wish to waste my time arguing with you.
    You created a public post, on a public forum, anyone and everyone that is subbed to MMOC is more than entitled to respond to your thread. Your permission to post isn't required. The only thing you've stated 'quite clearly' is 'It is OK to expect more'. Yet you cant be bothered to even tell us what 'more' you were expecting, and why.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I dont know if its only me. But I havent even finished Korthia and tried any of the new stuff because there is so much to do currently that I even feel a little lost. Heck there is even now the pressure to get it done before the arena season starts. Maybe its not the game lacking stuff to do, but many of you playing to much ?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I dont know if its only me. But I havent even finished Korthia and tried any of the new stuff because there is so much to do currently that I even feel a little lost. Heck there is even now the pressure to get it done before the arena season starts. Maybe its not the game lacking stuff to do, but many of you playing to much ?
    I think this last question is honestly a good one that a lot of people don't consider. You have a lot of people who work who might only have a few hours on week nights to play, you have others who spend the whole day at the PC and can easily put 12 hours into a game. You can't really design the game to make it perfect for both of those players, it's either gonna be too much to do for one, or too little to do for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think this last question is honestly a good one that a lot of people don't consider. You have a lot of people who work who might only have a few hours on week nights to play, you have others who spend the whole day at the PC and can easily put 12 hours into a game. You can't really design the game to make it perfect for both of those players, it's either gonna be too much to do for one, or too little to do for the other.
    It's a bit more than that: Time and time again the WoW community has proven that if there's a will, there's a way. So if playing the game 12 hours at a time becomes the most efficient way to play the game, not only will WoW players make that the reasonable status quo, they'll completely ostracize the players who can't play the game 12 hours at a time because, well, they're holding those who can back. This is precisely what happened in early Legion with AP grinding and thank fuck Blizzard learned from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    i played few hours a day since releas and still didnt run of things to do, its more like "i dont want to raid, run dungeons, run pvp, run world q, explore for treasure, kill rares, grind rep, do events so theres nothing to do"

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i played few hours a day since releas and still didnt run of things to do, its more like "i dont want to raid, run dungeons, run pvp, run world q, explore for treasure, kill rares, grind rep, do events so theres nothing to do"
    M+ is literally the same, there is one new season affix, wow. World Q are the same. PvP is the same, there is NO new content. New ilvl is no content, why do people think bumping up the ilvl is some magical great content, it's not. The raid, the mega dungeon and the zone is new content. And so far the zone is lackluster and does not warrant waiting for it 8 months! It is absolutely OK to expect more from such a huge gaming company such as Blizzard. This looks like 10% of WoW devs worked on 9.1.

Now that I think about it. Even for the people who have the time to do all the content in a quick time frame and have still left over time. Shouldnt having said time open up even more ways to play? You can really sink your teeth into high end raiding, pvp or m+. Even being able to grind for items people with less time could only dream off ever seeing like sha of wrath mounts and so on

Tbh, there is a point to be made here.

Currently theres one thing to do, the grind that is research. To eventually far far down the line unlock conduits and sockets.
    But if you take a close look at that grind, you realize that its absolutely enormous. we are talking 1-2months, and with 1-2hours spent each day (4x as much time per day as the maw grind last patch).

But the worst part is, there is ZERO rewards along the way. The rewards anyone wants are at rank 6.

So players are now in a dilema with two options.

1. Do the grind, the absolutely insanely large grind that rivals ap-grind in early legion. For the reward of sockts and conduit upgrades wich will be partly availible elsewhere anyway.

2. Do not do the grind, at wich point the statement "there is nothing to do" is true. Because outside of that one marathon of a grind there isnt anything else.

What is missing here is obvious, theres no middle road. Its an all or nothing scenario. Honestly, the best solution would've been to move sockets to rank 3 or 4. so that players can get incremental rewards along the way. Then jump train when they feel they've had enough.

As it stands now both sides of the coin which either claims that there is way too much to do and that there is a content drought are both partially right atm. and neither scenario is a nice one.

Blizz needs to get ontop of this quick and change their design. Especially the utterly despised design of capping fragments at 12k.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    M+ is literally the same, there is one new season affix, wow. World Q are the same. PvP is the same, there is NO new content. New ilvl is no content, why do people think bumping up the ilvl is some magical great content, it's not. The raid, the mega dungeon and the zone is new content. And so far the zone is lackluster and does not warrant waiting for it 8 months!
    you waited for it since BEFORE shadowlands? bcs shadowlands is not 8months old yet and wont be for couple weeks...
    normaly raid patch is 5-6 months this time we waited 7, thats "sooooo much moooore" ...if you have no patience and nothing else to do in your life...
    if wq is not new content then neither is raid, its the same right? you enter kill stuff loot stuff leave, so we had no new content sice vanila!
    sarcasm aside, you might not like the new content in Korthia and maw, but its outright LIE to say theres none... i spend few hours a day there and still didnt do all there is...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-06 at 08:19 AM.

M+ is literally the same, there is one new season affix, wow. World Q are the same. PvP is the same, there is NO new content. New ilvl is no content, why do people think bumping up the ilvl is some magical great content, it's not. The raid, the mega dungeon and the zone is new content. And so far the zone is lackluster and does not warrant waiting for it 8 months! It is absolutely OK to expect more from such a huge gaming company such as Blizzard. This looks like 10% of WoW devs worked on 9.1.
    Pvp really shifted gameplay and meta wise with the pvp reworks. For pvp player thats plenty of new content and we dont need much more. New bg are nice but not in to quick succession, we recently got a few new ones we could use a break and settle for now. atleast in my casualopinion

you waited for it since BEFORE shadowlands? bcs shadowlands is not 8months old yet and wont be for couple weeks...
    normaly raid patch is 5-6 months this time we waited 7, thats "sooooo much moooore" ...if you have no patience and nothing else to do in your life...
    if wq is not new content then neither is raid, its the same right? you enter kill stuff loot stuff leave, so we had no new content sice vanila!
    sarcasm aside, you might not like the new content in Korthia and maw, but its outright LIE to say theres none... i spend few hours a day there and still didnt do all there is...
    I haven't seen a single new WQ in any of the zones.

I haven't seen a single new WQ in any of the zones.
    im sorry, daily quests, bcs that is huge difference that completely changes my point which you choose to avoid and rather point out my small mistake...

Say what you want about M+ but I definitely prefer the way M+ keeps dungeons relevant through the whole expansion compared to how it used to be back in the day when dungeons became obsolete after 2 weeks and the ONLY reason anyone kept doing them was the 'daily hc for currency' which wasn't fun at all. They could have added some new World Quests sure but would that really have made that big of a difference?

It is OK to expect more. There is already basically nothing to do. The raid will last for a little while and then people will go back to TBC classic. Why make new and expensive content when you can time gate new content for 3 months and then release a new phase in the classic variant. It's a great business move. It just means the game is bad.
    Why would you go back to TBC Classic? There is even less to do there. Raids are cleared first night of release and then you raid log for a few weeks then stop until the next tier.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Well in that case, let me be clear. I would like to see some passion, some love and care, some innovation, some experimentation. I would like the wow dev team to throw out their check list and stop abiding by the adage "it doesn't have to be good, it just has to be done." That is what I would like, since you asked.
    You know why the Devs shy away from going off the beaten path? Because EVERY BLOODY TIME they do something new, the playerbase explodes with hatred for it.

Warfronts? - OMG so bad, never doing those again!
    Islands? - Geezus no!!
    Covenants? - What, I can't switch these whenver I want!? Unsub! Unsub!
    Torghast? - Choreghast, more like.

OF COURSE they follow their check list, sticking to some fundamentals like focussing on dungeons and raids, but other then that every expansion has delivered something new and every time the community had nothing but hatred for it, usually before it even hits the live servers. Do you think you could still have any passion for your work if everything you do is constantly and prematurely hated?
    Maybe if this community wasn't a heap of toxic children wanting the game to be produced exclusively according to their personal desires, then the Devs might be open to more experimentation. As it is, their jobs depend on keeping the status quo because at least that keeps those with realistic wishes playing. Trying to please people like you, who cannot even make a concrete wish of what they want, is completely futile.

Also this entire thread is blowing my mind. Content Draught 4 days into the friggin patch? Are the Devs supposed to provide a new patch every week because you can't be arsed with 80% of the content the patch delivers, or what? There is being greedy and entitled and then there is you.

I see. And what would I be saying if I did have any sort of raiding experience? I'm just curious since you are apparently the expert on what people say depending on their level of raid engagement.
    If you were not one the so-called casuals that want herbalism and WQ as endgame, then you would know that the patch starts with the raid release today, everything else is just a little bit of prep work and story. If you were a raider then you would not call for Content Draught before the bloody raid even opens.

Because having an expectation that the game could potentially evolve and improve over the course of 14 years is just ludicrous.
    The thing is: IT DID. The game is vastly superior to 14 years ago, heck it is superior to 3 years ago. It just doesn't cater to your selfish demands and so you refuse to acknowledge this.
    It provides challenging group content for those that want it. Everything else is just window dressing to give you a little bit to do when not in a dungeon or raid or to prepare for dungeons and raids with consumables.

i enjoy "shaohao style" rep, so to me that one is a plus, as for death advance, tormentors and assaults are part of that, and the wagon event is kinda neat, but yeah, could be more things, something directly in korthia wouldnt be amis (i think "pvp" event like the towers in nazjatar wouldnt be bad idea), like you i dont know if there is more to come, i think its possible, as we had nothing but rares/chests going on in south part of korthia so far
    i agree on the more things in korthia to do for pvp as i don't like wpvp im not going to touch the matter as i think at this point it should just be abolished